Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Zurich [ZRH]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2015, 1:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by ouip00
We've probably spent 20 minutes waiting to go through customs and ended up at the gate with around 10 minutes to go before boarding.
I hope you only went through immigration instead of the full customs deal when arriving to ZRH.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:30 am

Dub - zrh - beg

Hello,

We arrive from Dublin on Aer Lingus at 8:25pm. We depart to Belgrade on Air Serbia at 9:10pm, gate D-something.

How doable is our 45 min connection time at this time of the day (for us and the luggage)? I couldn't find info on what gate we arrive at.

Also, we booked the trip using Tripster. Does this mean that we are officially flying on "one ticket" or does that apply only if booked directly with an airline? In other words, if we miss our flight, who's responsibility (if anyone's) will it be?

Thank you.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 4:08 pm
Koc

Have a 65 minutes connection (OSL-ZRH-LAX in C), incoming flight is operated by Helvetic, not sure if Fokker or Embraer. Any chance I’ll get bus instead of gate at ZRH? If so, should I be concerned of the short connection?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 5:18 pm
Formerly known as koeche

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
Originally Posted by Koc
Have a 65 minutes connection (OSL-ZRH-LAX in C), incoming flight is operated by Helvetic, not sure if Fokker or Embraer. Any chance I’ll get bus instead of gate at ZRH? If so, should I be concerned of the short connection?
Helvetic planes are on the bus gate most of the time. But 65 minutes is anyway enough time. Actually coming in with the bus could even mean less walking.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by CheckInPeach
Helvetic planes are on the bus gate most of the time. But 65 minutes is anyway enough time. Actually coming in with the bus could even mean less walking.
If coming in from STR, you might actually end up at a finger gate (usually the B ones); not sure about the other origins, but this might very well be some kind of gamble. i wouldn't worry about that, as bus deplaning usually depends on plane load and the speed at which your fellow passengers deboard.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: LH HON
50 min can be difficult when connecting from LX (longhaul) to 4U. There seems to be no cooperation between these. They refuse to wait even a few minutes. Missed the connection already twice. And there were 4 HONs plus a number of other passengers last time.
Once I made it, but my luggage didn't. 4U at the arrival airport responsible for the luggage tracking needed two days although the luggage was at the destination, as they deliver only once a day, while LH and LX deliver also direct. The LH- "government" forgot that also ZRH is a hub and connections needed.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Thoughts on a MAD-ZRH-NRT with 40 mins in ZRH. Will be in J. LX had no problem selling the ticket so assume it's MCT compliant. Just thinking realistically.

If I missconnect would I have any problems getting them to move me to the LH FRA-HND flight at 18:00 flight?
Old May 5, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: Falconflyer Gold
May sound a daft question but what actually happens if you miss a connection?

I am needing to fly from the UK to Hong Kong and should I choose Swiss, the connection times in Zurich are 60mins or less for both the outbound and return. There's only 1 flight a day to Hong Kong so will I have wait 24 hours or will they re-route me via another airline? It is not crucial that I arrive on-time but I am curious to what generally happens when things go wrong.
Old May 5, 2015, 8:45 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jmanirish
Thoughts on a MAD-ZRH-NRT with 40 mins in ZRH. Will be in J. LX had no problem selling the ticket so assume it's MCT compliant. Just thinking realistically.

If I missconnect would I have any problems getting them to move me to the LH FRA-HND flight at 18:00 flight?
It's likely that you will be put on one of the evening flights on LH or NH FRA-HND or on NH MUC-HND. I once misconnected in VIE on my way to TYO on OS travelling in Business and was moved to the evening NH FRA-NRT flight. This was before the JV between LH/LX and NH started.
Old May 5, 2015, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by yorweb
May sound a daft question but what actually happens if you miss a connection?

I am needing to fly from the UK to Hong Kong and should I choose Swiss, the connection times in Zurich are 60mins or less for both the outbound and return. There's only 1 flight a day to Hong Kong so will I have wait 24 hours or will they re-route me via another airline? It is not crucial that I arrive on-time but I am curious to what generally happens when things go wrong.
If you have both segments in one ticket they will either reroute you with another airline (most likely LH via FRA/MUC) or give you a hotel room and meal vouchers.

Also, I believe that you are entitled to EUR 600 if you arrive only in the next day and LX is to blame for your misconnect at ZRH. I am on the road and cannot look the EC261 up, so I will wait for someone else to confirm.
Old May 6, 2015, 8:28 am

Tight connection time at Zurich

Hi, looking to book a flight for my mom and the first leg of her journey will be BOM-FCO. She is being offered a one-stop via Swiss, connecting via ZRH. The problem is, the connection time is only 65 minutes. Since she is flying in from outside the Schengen zone, will she have to clear immigration at Zurich? I'm concerned about the connection time being tight. She will be in business, will that help? The problem is, the next flight is 5 hours later, so she will be stuck at ZRH for a long time if she takes that connection, so we're trying to avoid that.

We are staying in Rome for 3 days, so we figured even if her bag doesn't make the connection, they can just send it by the later flight. How is Swiss when it comes to tight connections? FWIW, her incoming flight from Mumbai has a very good punctuality record (92% on time or early), but 65 mins still sounds short to me. Thanks!
Old May 6, 2015, 10:21 am

65min in ZRH isn't tight at all. Of course the incoming flight can't be delayed by more than 30min or so, but usually the early morning arrivals from India/Near East/Singapore are all pretty much on time.
Old May 7, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Does an E to A/B connection (HKG-ZRH-HEL) on Cathay/Finnair require me to pass through security?
Old May 7, 2015, 12:32 pm

HKG isnt considered clean so yes. Also passport control as you enter Schengen area in ZRH
Old May 7, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.