55 minutes layover in ZRH?

Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG
55 minutes layover in ZRH?

Sorry if this question has been answered before. My family and I are travelling OSL-ZRH-JFK in C late July (LX 14). It may help that we are in the front of the plane from OSL. We had originally booked LX 18, but bad reviews of the Biz Jet made me change to LX 14. Would 55 mins be OK?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by BardK
Sorry if this question has been answered before. My family and I are travelling OSL-ZRH-JFK in C late July (LX 14). It may help that we are in the front of the plane from OSL. We had originally booked LX 18, but bad reviews of the Biz Jet made me change to LX 14. Would 55 mins be OK?
It will be perfectly fine, even with kids. Since you seem to be in C you can even use the fast track security lane. Have a nice trip!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Thank you A380*G, good to hear that!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 2:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
While 55 minutes seem like a decent amout of time to switch planes, you probably won't have enough time to visit a lounge. I'm not sure where your flight from OSL arrives, but if you end up in the outskirts of concourse A, it'll take you about 10 to 15 minutes to reach the main hall where the Heidi Train to concourse E departs.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 3:09 am

You should be absolutely fine.
I had 50 minutes some days ago, and was even able to visit the lounge for 10 minutes in order to visit the restroom and eat a small snack (so that I could work during the flight).

ZRH is very nice!!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 6:01 am

Programs: TK Miles &Smile Elite, Star Alliance Gold
that is right. I had similar connecting time at ZRH and despite all I was able to visit the Lounge use the restroom, have a drink and go to the gate
Old Jun 21, 2011, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you, travelling with my family and therefor it is bit early with a drink (arrive 12.05pm), but a glass of champagne on board LX 14 is OK.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
As most will attest, ZRH is one of a very small handful of airports in all the world where nobody would doubt a 55 minute layover. And good call about avoiding the BBJ. I did it once and while I would do it if it were my only choice, I would endeavour to avoid paying for it. Enjoy your trip.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by 7Continents
As most will attest, ZRH is one of a very small handful of airports in all the world where nobody would doubt a 55 minute layover.
indeed, no problem at all, in fact I've done shorter connections than that at ZRH.

By the way, is GVA the same story?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.