Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More > Swiss International Air Lines
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 13, 10, 10:37 am   #1

HON Golden Ticket holders

a comment and a question.....few weeks ago while in LX F/HON JFK lounge i noticed this guy with a yellow golden ticket holder and his boarding pass with huge HON VIP signs printed on several different places (he made sure that all 6 of us in the lounge knew that he was very important! to a point of throwing his ticket on a table where three of were sitting while going to get a drink for himself) the other two guys that I spoke with were also HON's but had just a regular boarding passes

this is the first time I have seen something like this (i do travel LX form time to time but mostly LH)...is this unique to LX HON's? i am well aware of the LH red ticket holders for HON/F class pax
divjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 10, 11:04 am   #2

Programs: LH - HON, BA - GOLD
I have seen this ticket holder in GRU, its basically a golden version of the LH Red f class slip. looks exactly the same (but gold), has the LX fonts saying

FIRST CLASS
-
HON

on the top left corner instead of LH's first class only version.
danielbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 10, 11:10 am   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbk View Post
I have seen this ticket holder in GRU, its basically a golden version of the LH Red f class slip. looks exactly the same (but gold), has the LX fonts saying

FIRST CLASS
-
HON

on the top left corner instead of LH's first class only version.
I have not seen these issued by LX to F class pax in JFK, for other airport i have usually transited so i had the boarding passes with me
Old Sep 13, 10, 11:13 am   #4

Programs: M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum
deleted.

Last edited by JohnDP; Nov 30, 13 at 3:52 am..
JohnDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 10, 11:38 am   #5

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDP View Post
reminds me of a fellow pax who needed to display the HON part of the BP in the outer pocket of the suit he was wearing...
That could have been me.
I always carry my passport and my bp in the shirt pocket. Not really minding which face it shows. Do I need to worry about not putting non hons off?
mamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 10, 12:01 pm   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamb0 View Post
That could have been me.
I always carry my passport and my bp in the shirt pocket. Not really minding which face it shows. Do I need to worry about not putting non hons off?
no body says that certain things are done on purpose, I have the same habit of keeping the passport and ticket on the shirt pocket...many times LH red ticket holder can attract stares
Old Sep 14, 10, 4:22 am   #7

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Quote:
That could have been me.
Same here.

Shall I really care, what the BP shows? What would be the problem with that? I mean, shall I take out my Rolex and put a cover on my LV bag as well (just as examples)...
Old Sep 14, 10, 4:44 am   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland View Post
Same here.

Shall I really care, what the BP shows? What would be the problem with that? I mean, shall I take out my Rolex and put a cover on my LV bag as well (just as examples)...
well i don't really have this "problem" since i hardly wear shirts with pockets , but i do always look which side is visible because i don't want people to stare at my name really, even in the lounges...

sometimes it is a bit too obvious though for my taste with some people and their showing off the BP. but i certainly enjoy the look on their face when the dr. so-and-so types head to the bus and "slacker" sentom jumps into the limo...
Old Sep 14, 10, 4:52 am   #9

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, EI Prestige, LH *S, KL Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentom View Post
but i certainly enjoy the look on their face when the dr. so-and-so types head to the bus and "slacker" sentom jumps into the limo...
Old Sep 14, 10, 4:55 am   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentom View Post
well i don't really have this "problem" since i hardly wear shirts with pockets , but i do always look which side is visible because i don't want people to stare at my name really, even in the lounges...

sometimes it is a bit too obvious though for my taste with some people and their showing off the BP. but i certainly enjoy the look on their face when the dr. so-and-so types head to the bus and "slacker" sentom jumps into the limo...
You have shirts without pockets? Where do you put your Montblanc ball pen???
I am confused.
Valid point re privacy. But I guess the need to show off my hon seems to top that concern.
Old Sep 14, 10, 5:39 am   #11

Quote:
You have shirts without pockets? Where do you put your Montblanc ball pen???
I am confused.
Valid point re privacy. But I guess the need to show off my hon seems to top that concern.
mont... what now!?

oh and don't worry you're not alone with your need, seems to be a growing group...
Old Sep 14, 10, 7:08 am   #12
Moderator, Community Buzz, and Ambassador, Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SENx2 HH Gold & other mostly useless cards
Why pay 10k+ or spend valuable miles for a First Class BP when you can get one and a holder for 1? The seller seems to be a "mere SEN", so some photoshopping might be necessary.

http://cgi.ebay.de/LUFTHANSA-First-C...item43a19b5abe
NewbieRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 10, 8:12 am   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Why pay 10k+ or spend valuable miles for a First Class BP when you can get one and a holder for 1? The seller seems to be a "mere SEN", so some photoshopping might be necessary.

http://cgi.ebay.de/LUFTHANSA-First-C...item43a19b5abe
ROTFL

Anyone needs more...
nldogbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 10, 10:42 am   #14

Programs: M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum
deleted.

Last edited by JohnDP; Nov 30, 13 at 3:52 am..
JohnDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 10, 11:14 am   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDP View Post
BP in shirt pocket is one thing, BP in outer suit, ie jacket, pocket is, for me at least, something well different. Btw, now that I think of it, if you receive your BP facing upward and you are right handed, having it face outwards on your suit/shirt actually needs a twist of the paper document, no?
Hmm, I doubt that there is a standard how things are handed out.
I hand them my passport (in a black cover), with my courtesy card in it. They put everything in the back sleeve where there is a little compartment, I put it in my pocket and off I go. I really do not take note or care in which direction the bp faces.
The more I think about it, I will use a neck pouch from now on, just to make a bigger impression.