Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWISS ZRH - CAI in FIRST Any experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Question SWISS ZRH - CAI in FIRST Any experiences?

Hi folks!

I'm considering flying SWISS to Cairo, Egypt and as they offer First Class on this route (A340, approx. 4hrs) I'm curious if someone has done it before and whether it can be considered "a real First Class" experience, i.e. full fledged service incl. amenity kit, pyjamas etc....

Thanks for any suggestions!

Yours,
G
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by hassanal
Hi folks!

I'm considering flying SWISS to Cairo, Egypt and as they offer First Class on this route (A340, approx. 4hrs) I'm curious if someone has done it before and whether it can be considered "a real First Class" experience, i.e. full fledged service incl. amenity kit, pyjamas etc....

Thanks for any suggestions!

Yours,
G
They will offer a full service reflecting the time of day and distance travelled - which includes a full meal with all bells and whistles - amenity kit and so on - however I have not seen a PJ - admitting I did not ask for one either as I fail to see the prupose at 11 in the morning to don a PJ nor on the return at 16 in the afternoon to do the same for a 3 - 4 hr flight. As said it well reflects the hour - both at time of day as well as length.

To expect amenities beyond that can IMHO only be attributed to the mentality of trying to get everything even if one doese not need it

Cheers

Thomas
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:26 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I flew that route many times: I always buy J class ticket and upgrade to first class using my e-upgrade vouchers. It is a short flight and they provide you everything you demand like Pyjama and etc......

On departure they offer you little breakfast and prior to arrival a full lunch service is served with all the best wines that LX carry onboard.

The seat is the typical A340 first class seat and I noticed that the loads are always low in first class on that route.

Last edited by NA-Flyer; Mar 18, 2010 at 2:45 am
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Excellent. I'm wishing a bit that I had used my miles to fly LH/LX to CAI last month.

And OP: go ahead and ask for PJ's if you like. If you've paid for it, I don't see why you should refrain to protect the sensibilities of anyone else.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Excellent. I'm wishing a bit that I had used my miles to fly LH/LX to CAI last month.

And OP: go ahead and ask for PJ's if you like. If you've paid for it, I don't see why you should refrain to protect the sensibilities of anyone else.
I'm with Thomas on the pyjama issue-----a bit too plebby!!!!.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
A big thank you - geeez this has nothing to with sensibilites of anyone else - but with a cheap mentality of grabbing everything whether you need it or not - and thus avoid being sensible or using common sense. The more is taken the less will be offered or we end up paying more. But in todays day and age common sense is likely to be overrated

Thomas
Old May 31, 2010, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Hi!

I bring up this topic again as I'm about to go to CAI this week. FRA-CAI on Lufthansa FIRST and CAI-ZRH on Swiss FIRST.

Now the question is: what lounge to use in CAI?

The homepages of LH and LX give contradicting statements:

LH says:
Egypt Air STAR-ALLIANCE Business or FIRST Lounge

LX says:
First Class Lounge: Miles & More Frequent Traveller, Business Class
EAS Lounge: HON Circle, Miles&More Senator / StarAlliance Gold, First Class

So it seems, LX deems the EAS lounge superior over the First Class Lounge provided by Egypt Air.

Any experiences on that?

Best regards,
Gerald
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:09 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
I cant answer your lounge question, but as you will fly *A F class you will always have an access to a *A F class lounge, even if LX doesnt want you to go there.
So if you will fly with LX you will have access to both EAS lounge (as it is their 3rd party lounge) and the the egypt air liunge (as they are * partners)
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:50 pm
Suspended

NB both lounges are dry.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 3:14 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Turnaround in CAI

Thinking about a mileage run (+upgrade to First), can anyone comment whether a 2 hour turnaround, arriving 02.55, return 0435. Would it be possible to make "transit" without passing immigration etc in CAI ? Any suggestions appreciated.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by A-340 GOT
Thinking about a mileage run (+upgrade to First), can anyone comment whether a 2 hour turnaround, arriving 02.55, return 0435. Would it be possible to make "transit" without passing immigration etc in CAI ? Any suggestions appreciated.
Turnround should be no problem at all - there's an easy route through airside security for intra-T3 connections. If you haven't got your return boarding card, there's an MS connections facility next to the security (I'm assuming they also handle Alliance partners).

It seems an expensive way to earn miles - but that's your business!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by hassanal
Hi!

I bring up this topic again as I'm about to go to CAI this week. FRA-CAI on Lufthansa FIRST and CAI-ZRH on Swiss FIRST.

Now the question is: what lounge to use in CAI?

The homepages of LH and LX give contradicting statements:

LH says:
Egypt Air STAR-ALLIANCE Business or FIRST Lounge

LX says:
First Class Lounge: Miles & More Frequent Traveller, Business Class
EAS Lounge: HON Circle, Miles&More Senator / StarAlliance Gold, First Class

So it seems, LX deems the EAS lounge superior over the First Class Lounge provided by Egypt Air.

Any experiences on that?

Best regards,
Gerald
Does anyone have any experience regarding guest access for these lounges? Specifically, will flying LX F to ZRH allow me to guest someone flying C on the same flight into the First Class Lounge?
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by -Heathcliff-
Does anyone have any experience regarding guest access for these lounges? Specifically, will flying LX F to ZRH allow me to guest someone flying C on the same flight into the First Class Lounge?
I think no problem at all. As a FC pax you are entitled to bring a guest along.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:24 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by tcswede
A big thank you - geeez this has nothing to with sensibilites of anyone else - but with a cheap mentality of grabbing everything whether you need it or not - and thus avoid being sensible or using common sense. The more is taken the less will be offered or we end up paying more. But in todays day and age common sense is likely to be overrated

Thomas
It isn't a cheap mentality. If you've paid for something and want it, why not enjoy it? I have made use of and very much like my LX F pajamas when flying on other airlines. They are excellent ^
Old Sep 14, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Does this route still have F? Tried to book online but only C is being offered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.