60 second limitation on posting

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2004, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)

I just ran into the 60 second post limitation, which requires consecutive posts from the same user be at least 60 seconds apart. While this makes sense in the public threads, would it be possible to turn it off in the Private Messages? I was responding to a bunch of PM's for a voucher I offered in the Coupon Connection, so I had several people to send a "sorry, but it's already claimed but I'll come back to you if they change their mind" message and kept getting held up.

I realize that's a pretty small use case, and I don't know if you can distinguish PM's from regular forum posts in the software, but removing or lowering the threshold for Private Messages would probably help someone out.

BTW, except for just playing around, I would never have figured out that "Quote" meant the reply function. (I understand the difference in Reply and Reply With Quote, but Quote doesn't imply to me to respond to the original user.) I'd suggest changing that button to be "Reply" or something else, just so others understand that better.

I tried doing a few searches to see if this had already come up, but I think the search engine blew up while I was trying. I was getting "unable to allocate memory" errors showing 75M already allocated to the search process.
Old May 3, 2004, 4:51 pm
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by StSebastian
I just ran into the 60 second post limitation, which requires consecutive posts from the same user be at least 60 seconds apart. While this makes sense in the public threads, would it be possible to turn it off in the Private Messages? I was responding to a bunch of PM's for a voucher I offered in the Coupon Connection, so I had several people to send a "sorry, but it's already claimed but I'll come back to you if they change their mind" message and kept getting held up.
I've just rolled it back to 20 seconds...

Originally Posted by StSebastian
BTW, except for just playing around, I would never have figured out that "Quote" meant the reply function. (I understand the difference in Reply and Reply With Quote, but Quote doesn't imply to me to respond to the original user.) I'd suggest changing that button to be "Reply" or something else, just so others understand that better.
Yeah, we're already aware of that... when we get caught up on things, we'll switch the button out with something more intuitive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.