Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On the Ground

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 1999, 10:21 am
Original Member

Three in a row! I grew up in SFO and still have some friends there, although I haven't lived there for so many years I choose not to remember. However, whenever we visit, our buddies take us to someplace new, and it's always great. This city has the best selection of restaurants (including the Big Apple and Paris) IN THE WORLD.!!!
Old Feb 6, 1999, 8:46 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
regarding broad selection/variety of top cooking (restaurants) I fully agree with philforest.

Individually (in any category) you find a better one (normally at their "homeplace: italians in Italy, etc. etc. etc.

But again, as a melting pot of many ethnic-groups San Francisco has the (or one of the) best variety - and consumers which appreciate (and can afford) and a nearby world top wine-producing region (which helps a lot to improve awareness and appreciation of good food).

Old Feb 8, 1999, 8:53 am
Original Member

Very often, it means going to a place you (or anyone else except the natives) ever heard of. Sally was there last fall, and our friends took her to a Thai restaurant that she was really scared of (she's from Atlanta and sort of reacts negatively to anything that's not boiled until it's soft) until she tried the food. She's been raving about it ever since. This was a little (but not dumpy) neighborhood restaurant that attracts locals from all over the City. (Note my capitalization)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.