Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning miles in Brokerage accounts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 1999, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Earning miles in Brokerage accounts

Other than American Express' Financial Direct Brokerage account, is there another brokerage account where you can earn miles for dollars invested?
Old Jan 28, 1999, 2:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Yes. Charles Schwab is aligned with Delta and provides 250 miles per quarter for those with an account (I'm not sure if you need a minimum balance). Also, for every $10,000 you put into your Schwab account, they give you 1000 miles. It's not a lot, but if you are investing through Scwab anyway, why not go for it. I understand E-trade will be doing something with UA soon, but I have not seen the details.
Old Jan 29, 1999, 5:38 am
Original Member

Bull and Bear (BullBear.com) provides mileage for American. The details are at the Web site but I think it is 100 miles per trade, $1 for every $10 dollars of equity above $25,000 plus 1,000 for joining. You do get a 500 mile referal bonus, so if you want more information and would like to help me with some more mileage feel free to e-mail me. It is a smaller brokerage firm.
Old Jan 29, 1999, 9:34 am
Original Member

By the way, this thread should probably have been posted under The Buzz, I sort of accidentaly found it here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.