Wiki Posts
Search

Show first and last thread when hovering over page number

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
Show first and last thread when hovering over page number

Currently, when viewing the 'Thread List In xyzForum' page, I hover over the page number on a multipage thread, I see the preview of the first post in the thread. However, it would be nice to hover on the 'Last Page' (or actual page number of the last page) and see the latest post instead of first thread. If this is not possible, perhaps the last post can be seen when one hovers over the number displayed in number of replies column.

This may reduce load on the serveras I may not click on some threads (but then you may not want that :-)
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:28 pm

Yeah dude, the same problem with almost all the forums as their latest threads are found on last pages rather than being displayed on the very first page of the forum. But don’t worry; your suggestion has already been worked upon as there are few forums that offer latest posts on first pages.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cathy Duncan
Yeah dude, the same problem with almost all the forums as their latest threads are found on last pages rather than being displayed on the very first page of the forum. But don’t worry; your suggestion has already been worked upon as there are few forums that offer latest posts on first pages.
Thanks for the update. Wish there was a way to hover on my iPad.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:00 am

Here is a possible solution.
You can change your settings in "My FlyerTalk" so that the newest post displays first. That way when you hover over the page you will see the newest post.
My FlyerTalk> Edit Options> Thread Display Mode
I hope this helps.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBAngel
Here is a possible solution.
You can change your settings in "My FlyerTalk" so that the newest post displays first. That way when you hover over the page you will see the newest post.
My FlyerTalk> Edit Options> Thread Display Mode
I hope this helps.
Thanks for the suggestion - I changed my preference as indicated. However, hovering over the page numbers still show the preview of the first (i.e. oldest) thread.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 2:01 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt. RewardsNetwork dining.
I have often noticed that too. (In Safari and Firefox, in case it's a bug.)

I suggest removing the hovering-tip from all the 2+ numbers, until such day as there could be a hover-tip that shows the top post of n-page. Now it seems incorrect.

The hyperlinks work -- it's the hover tip that is wrong, on 2+ numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.