For eyes of Internet brands people only

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2010, 7:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: confidential
For eyes of Internet brands people only

Hi there,

im not very sure how to directly pass this info to the owners of the website, Internet brands. I am aware that the group has been rumoured to prefer to talk to only the moderators which im told is 80 members.

thanks

Dear Fellow Internet brands associate,

This is a suggestion from a flyertalk.com user who has been using the site for a few months. While i find the site informative and extremely useful, i am disturbed and concerned of the unfair usage by corporate representatives who seek to use the site for their own benefit and indirectly cause harm to users of the website. Ie, using information here to try to charge customers more, remove benefits or make decisions which negatively impact directly on users of flyertalk.com.

The latest of such moves can be seen in the following thread, specifically post 15.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...questions.html

This is not the first time a commercial entity has seek to take monetary/commercial advantage from the website and unless there is some private arrangement, it would appear these entities are getting it for free.

I am further aware of recent legal correspondence between your company and certain commercial entities such as American Airlines for removal of content from the website.

In light of such profit motives from these commercial entities, i highly suggest that the Internet brands group consider charging these commercial entities access/posting rights to the website.

This is to achieve two objectives. Firstly, to increase revenue from the website from commercial entities and secondly, to encourage these entities to use the website for the benefit of users, not just themselves. This would indirectly increase new users to the site and increase posting activity from individual users which is how the website achieves future growth.

thank you
Only_no_one
Old Mar 27, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
You probably miss these previous discussion threads on similar notes:

Corporate phishing on flyertalk and corporate participation

Evolution of Official FFP Reps' Participation on FT?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by ONLY_no_One
Ie, using information here to try to charge customers more, remove benefits or make decisions which negatively impact directly on users of flyertalk.com.

The latest of such moves can be seen in the following thread, specifically post 15.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...questions.html

This is not the first time a commercial entity has seek to take monetary/commercial advantage from the website and unless there is some private arrangement, it would appear these entities are getting it for free.
Umm, pardon me for being rude, but what the heck are you talking about?? In this thread, SL not only investigates the issue presented, but commits to having the program follow up with the associate in question to try to prevent it from happening in the future.

The one post you point out discusses frustration with negativism and criticism - one post in dozens of posts in this thread and thousands of supportive and valuable posts over the years.

No doubt companies participate because it benefits them (they aren't charities, after all), but programs are hardly a zero-sum game. These representatives provide tremendous value to FT members, at least IMHO.

Hardly reason to chase away official representatives by charging them to participate in a public forum.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:33 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Guys, be gentle with your comments, lest the OP be forced to take disciplinary action:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13419652-post459.html
Old Mar 31, 2010, 6:45 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by nomad1974
... lest the OP be forced to take disciplinary action:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13419652-post459.html
Why am I not surprised no more seeing who end up getting time off from FT?

Some of those who have a beef about corporate participation on FT tend to not only uncomprehend how/what corporate representatives participate but also fail to follow FT TOS.

Just read carefully the 1st referenced thread in my earlier post.

Originally Posted by lin821

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.