Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Tel Aviv, Israel (formerly 'and Towers') [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Tel Aviv, Israel (formerly 'and Towers') [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 5:43 am

Looking forward to another excellent stay in this property this weekend (using the 2009 weekend platinum gift)
Old Jan 17, 2010, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by ehud
Looking forward to another excellent stay in this property this weekend (using the 2009 weekend platinum gift)

I've changed my booking for C&P in the last minute. Great value @ 4000 points + $60

Again, great stay. Upgraded to towers suite (now with BVLGARI toiletries^)
Great staff everywhere. From valet to check in to amazing towers lounge staff.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 4:10 am

Agreed! Good property, nice suite/towers upgrade (as Plat SPG), very good lounge and great location close to the beach.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 5:53 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance

Programs: AA ExecPlat & 3MM; Marriott Titanium
Last week I finished a 4 night stay (BRG) and was upgraded to a suite (xx03) room. As always, the staff was great^. I highly recommand this hotel.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:33 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Stayed at the Sheraton TLV for 6 nights this week and here's my assessment of the hotel:

Check in (early morning) was marred by probably the worst welcome you could get. The "Night Manager" was in a foul mood, perhaps because he was on his own when loads of people from the morning European flights were checking in (including plenty of airline staff). He denied the booking stated early arrival and initially wanted to charge for the extra hours and promptly sent me back to the queue. Eventually he got around to actually giving us a room.

As with other guests (who returned in droves to reception) the key cards were not working, neither was it the room requested but after 8 hours of flying all I wanted was a bed.

Room was changed later to xx10 with a beautiful view of the sea. The rooms itself are nothing special, neither are the beds, bathrooms small with the usual simple toiletries.

Housekeeping was ok, though regular vacuuming might need to be added to their task list.

The best asset of the hotel are the club lounge staff: very friendly and helpful. The lounge itself is well stocked and food and drink is plentiful. At times it can get a bit busy with large US groups congregating ("Look they have Jewish subtitles on TV" ). Gotta say the lounge staff are in stark contrast to the rest of the staff.

Location wise the hotel is definitely a good choice and everything can be reached easily on foot. If ordering a taxi though insist on meters as the taxis parked outside will screw you on the "fixed" rate. Found that out when a fare from the hotel costs 60 NIS and on the way back metered 25 NIS.

Check out again was not great. The "Concierge" could not care less how the stay was.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Stayed at the Sheraton TLV for 6 nights this week and here's my assessment of the hotel:

Check in (early morning) was marred by probably the worst welcome you could get. The "Night Manager" was in a foul mood, perhaps because he was on his own when loads of people from the morning European flights were checking in (including plenty of airline staff). He denied the booking stated early arrival and initially wanted to charge for the extra hours and promptly sent me back to the queue. Eventually he got around to actually giving us a room.

As with other guests (who returned in droves to reception) the key cards were not working, neither was it the room requested but after 8 hours of flying all I wanted was a bed.

Room was changed later to xx10 with a beautiful view of the sea. The rooms itself are nothing special, neither are the beds, bathrooms small with the usual simple toiletries.

Housekeeping was ok, though regular vacuuming might need to be added to their task list.

The best asset of the hotel are the club lounge staff: very friendly and helpful. The lounge itself is well stocked and food and drink is plentiful. At times it can get a bit busy with large US groups congregating ("Look they have Jewish subtitles on TV" ). Gotta say the lounge staff are in stark contrast to the rest of the staff.

Location wise the hotel is definitely a good choice and everything can be reached easily on foot. If ordering a taxi though insist on meters as the taxis parked outside will screw you on the "fixed" rate. Found that out when a fare from the hotel costs 60 NIS and on the way back metered 25 NIS.

Check out again was not great. The "Concierge" could not care less how the stay was.
At least you'll get quadruple points as a compensation...
Old Mar 3, 2010, 5:10 am
Accor 25+ Badge

At least you'll get quadruple points as a compensation...
That always helps
Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I´m thinking about spending a few nights at this property and was wondering: Do all guestrooms have a balcony? If so, is it large enough to sit outside?

Also is it possible to upgrade to a tower room using points (if yes, does this also work with P&C?)

Thank´s in advance!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:38 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I´m thinking about spending a few nights at this property and was wondering: Do all guestrooms have a balcony? If so, is it large enough to sit outside?

Also is it possible to upgrade to a tower room using points (if yes, does this also work with P&C?)

Thank´s in advance!
I believe all rooms have a, what is called "step out" balcony which answers the second part of the question, they are tiny and not really suitable for sitting outside. The view for some rooms is not great. Try to get a beach side room.

Last edited by starflyergold; Apr 22, 2010 at 5:51 am
Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I believe all rooms have a, what is called "step out" balcony which answers the second part of the question, they are tiny and not really suitable for sitting outside. The view for some rooms is not great. Try to get a beach side room.
Thank´s for your reply!

Are the suite´s balconies larger than the standard room´s balconies?
Or can you recommend any other hotel on the beach which has a reasonably sized balcony with a nice view?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Thank´s for your reply!

Are the suite´s balconies larger than the standard room´s balconies?
Or can you recommend any other hotel on the beach which has a reasonably sized balcony with a nice view?
I had a very large, one-bedroom corner suite facing the beach and I have no recollection of a balacony at all. Fastasic views from three sides though.

Cheers,
Old May 7, 2010, 2:11 am

Do they have free parking?
Are there ANY decent sized balconies overlooking the beach?
Old May 9, 2010, 1:17 pm

PARKING

I have heard that it's a whopping "120 shekel" to park a day. Is that true?
Can you pay it with points?
Is there a way around it, or a nearby place, where you're not paying $35 a night?
Old May 9, 2010, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by moefl
I have heard that it's a whopping "120 shekel" to park a day. Is that true?
Can you pay it with points?
Is there a way around it, or a nearby place, where you're not paying $35 a night?
Last time I stayed there (some 2 months ago) the rate was around 50 shekel. That's around $15
Old May 9, 2010, 1:24 pm

Last time I stayed there (some 2 months ago) the rate was around 50 shekel. That's around $15
Wow! That sounds alot more tolerable. Can you use points to pay?

Is the TOWERS only on the 17th floor?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.