Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

*Wood Preferred Business-Produce or be Terminated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2009, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)

This communication is being sent to advise you of the changes to the Starwood Preferred Business program. On March 2, 2009, the requirements of the program changed. In order to reap the full benefits of the program you must adhere to the new requirements on an annual basis.

The new Starwood Preferred Business requirements are as follows:
Maintain at least five (5) Employee Members with "Active" Starwood Preferred Guest accounts.
Produce a minimum of fifty (50) qualifying room nights OR twenty (20) qualifying stays at Starwood hotels within a calendar year based on the total number of qualifying room nights and stays recorded in Starwood Preferred Guest accounts assigned to Employee Members in connection with the Program.
Your account will be reviewed mid-year (June) to ensure your production is meeting the program requirements. If you do not meet and/or adhere to these requirements, you will be notified of program termination and your account will be closed.

If you have any questions regarding this communication, please contact us at [email protected].

We value your continued business and look forward to a prosperous 2009!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
I'm not sure I like the 'tone' of the "If you do not meet and/or adhere to these requirements, you will be notifed of program termination and your account will be closed."
I can't believe that someone in customer service would use this wording.
PS. I transferred out my 47,000 points.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Hey, look on the bright side - at least they didn't tell you this was an enhancement of program benefits!
Old Mar 30, 2009, 5:34 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I got the e-mail as well though we have already "requalified" for this year as the conditions are easy to meet. One employee with stays/nights that qualify him/her for Platinum plus 4 other employees that spend at least one night is more than enough.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I thought the "production" word was also quite odd...seemed more like an insider term rather than something to send to your customer!

Probably too many people using it on one-two accounts and then pocketing the extra points. The stupid thing is that for the minimal number of extra points they are giving out, they will end up losing a percentage of small company bookings that dont meet the requirements. I guess the focus of this program is on big business rather than small 2-3 traveling employee businesses.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:21 pm

Programs: *wood plat bagold ekgold dlgold cogold usair aalifegold
What are the practical benefits

are the room rates cosiderably cheaper, are there extra points and if so what are the general advantages. Where do i get more info.

thanks
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:23 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
sounds like it came from the bean counters and not marketing. however, can't say as i blame them as i have only me and two others who really don't stay at starwood properties much and i end up getting a couple of free nights each year for nothing.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I thought the "production" word was also quite odd...seemed more like an insider term rather than something to send to your customer!

Probably too many people using it on one-two accounts and then pocketing the extra points. The stupid thing is that for the minimal number of extra points they are giving out, they will end up losing a percentage of small company bookings that dont meet the requirements. I guess the focus of this program is on big business rather than small 2-3 traveling employee businesses.
I would agree that they probably will loose some small business bookings. However, they will also minimize their expenses. Even though, I think those expenses are very minimal compared to the risks of loosing some bookings.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by travelbrook
are the room rates cosiderably cheaper, are there extra points and if so what are the general advantages. Where do i get more info.

thanks
The FAQ sticky thread and http://www.starwoodpreferredbusiness.com/terms.html. The internet is a wonderful thing, isn't it?
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:33 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by travelbrook

thanks
Dear travelbrook,

Greetings.

You may like to visit SPB's website for answers to your enquiries.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:19 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Honestly, I do not see any problem with the wording.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
Hey, look on the bright side - at least they didn't tell you this was an enhancement of program benefits!
This time it was: in todays e-mail:
Thanks for all your business with Starwood. To show our appreciation, we’re introducing new benefits to provide your company with even better rewards. Register your Corporate SET Number today and your company may be eligible for discounted rates at more than 1,100 Starwood hotels and resorts worldwide. Starting October 15, 2014, your company could enjoy these benefits:

• Up to 7% off Best Available Rates
• Streamlined tracking and account-management tools
• Sales support and servicing

Plus, as your business accumulates nights at our hotels, you'll be able to gift SPG® elite status to employees who travel.

Your travelers will continue to enjoy Corporate Preferred Guest® benefits:

• 2 Starpoints® for every eligible US$1 spent at participating hotels
• An enhanced room at check-in1
• 4 p.m. late checkout2

Starting in October, you’ll no longer accumulate Starpoints in a company account, but you can still redeem any remaining company Starpoints through January 24, 2015. Redeem for Free Night Awards and Award Flights without blackout dates, and more.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Medved
This time it was: in todays e-mail:
Thanks for all your business with Starwood. To show our appreciation, we’re introducing new benefits to provide your company with even better rewards. Register your Corporate SET Number today and your company may be eligible for discounted rates at more than 1,100 Starwood hotels and resorts worldwide. Starting October 15, 2014, your company could enjoy these benefits:

• Up to 7% off Best Available Rates
• Streamlined tracking and account-management tools
• Sales support and servicing

Plus, as your business accumulates nights at our hotels, you'll be able to gift SPG® elite status to employees who travel.

Your travelers will continue to enjoy Corporate Preferred Guest® benefits:

• 2 Starpoints® for every eligible US$1 spent at participating hotels
• An enhanced room at check-in1
• 4 p.m. late checkout2

Starting in October, you’ll no longer accumulate Starpoints in a company account, but you can still redeem any remaining company Starpoints through January 24, 2015. Redeem for Free Night Awards and Award Flights without blackout dates, and more.
Does this say that employees who travel will no longer earn stay and nights credit for their own elite status? In other words, they must either earn status through personal travel or be granted one of the limited number of status gifts earned by their company?

BTW, a 7% discount from BAR doesn't sound like a veery good corporate rate, although it depends a lot on the volume of business.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
. . .
BTW, a 7% discount from BAR doesn't sound like a veery good corporate rate, although it depends a lot on the volume of business.
I thought that too. The SET code I use provides a 20% discount from BAR. Then again, the organization has over 390,000 members. I have no idea how many regularly travel and utilize the SET code.

I would love to know the name of the company that treats their employees like this!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does this say that employees who travel will no longer earn stay and nights credit for their own elite status? In other words, they must either earn status through personal travel or be granted one of the limited number of status gifts earned by their company?
I suspect this would be a much, much (MUCH!) bigger deal, and the subject of a multi-thousand post thread, it true.

The fact that it says "accumulate Starpoints in a company account" seems to indicate not.

The typical discount rates I see for my company are much, much higher than 7%. It varies by property, but at my regular locations, it's closer to 35-40%.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by CPRich
I suspect this would be a much, much (MUCH!) bigger deal, and the subject of a multi-thousand post thread, it true.

The fact that it says "accumulate Starpoints in a company account" seems to indicate not.

The typical discount rates I see for my company are much, much higher than 7%. It varies by property, but at my regular locations, it's closer to 35-40%.
No, new T&C say that members will accumulate poinst and qualify for status anyways.
But 7% discount is a joke indeed. I agree that 40% is not unsual.
But the main benefit of the program -- accumulating points for the company is gone. That really really sucks. It makes SPG Business pretty much worthless

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.