Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by washeelers747
Anyone have experience with luxury privileges booking at this property? Just made a luxury privilege booking at this hotel, and can't wait come back to this hotel once again, even I am SPG Gold, instead of plat.
What exactly do you mean by "luxury privileges"?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:55 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
What exactly do you mean by "luxury privileges"?
Starwood Luxury Privileges is a benefits program for luxury bookings through travel agents.

http://www.starwoodpromos.com/partne...yout=amenities
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Starwood Luxury Privileges is a benefits program for luxury bookings through travel agents.

http://www.starwoodpromos.com/partne...yout=amenities
yeah, i had to book it through a travel agent, and I thought benefits are useful for SPG Gold members so can enjoy free breakfasts, and couple of nice throw-in perks such as $50 credit for foods and spa services at SGS. I am not sure if luxury privileges is even worth it for platinum, due to excellent benefits that Plat enjoys at SGS.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by washeelers747
yeah, i had to book it through a travel agent, and I thought benefits are useful for SPG Gold members so can enjoy free breakfasts, and couple of nice throw-in perks such as $50 credit for foods and spa services at SGS. I am not sure if luxury privileges is even worth it for platinum, due to excellent benefits that Plat enjoys at SGS.
I live in bkk. How can i book through luxury privileges (for hotel abroad)? I dont know any agents. Is this lxury privileges limited to american (or other 1st world resident) only?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 5:18 pm

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...leges-program/

Why not contact Ford, or you can search around and try to find somebody else?

The program is similar to Amex FHR.

-David
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott - Platinum/LTG | KF *G QPPS (working on TPPS) | OZ - Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
I live in bkk. How can i book through luxury privileges (for hotel abroad)? I dont know any agents. Is this lxury privileges limited to american (or other 1st world resident) only?

I live in Singapore and it's possible to book this programme. No eligibility requirements - you just need to contact a travel agent who is on the programme for stays at properties which offer benefits (e.g. SGS, but also many of the StRs and higher-end/resort SPG properties)

I contacted one through this forum - won't say who though you can find them by searching for the relevant thread. I have yet to stay at a rate booked through him because the Luxury Privileges rate is often higher than BAR, and it's certainly going to be much more expensive than a BRGed rate (which you can find for virtually every starwood property in BKK). YMMV though!

Last edited by horizontal; Apr 3, 2017 at 12:31 am Reason: Added further explanation
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by horizontal
I live in Singapore and it's possible to book this programme. No eligibility requirements - you just need to contact a travel agent who is on the programme for stays at properties which offer benefits (e.g. SGS, but also many of the StRs and higher-end/resort SPG properties)

I contacted one through this forum - won't say who though you can find them by searching for the relevant thread. I have yet to stay at a rate booked through him because the Luxury Privileges rate is often higher than BAR, and it's certainly going to be much more expensive than a BRGed rate (which you can find for virtually every starwood property in BKK). YMMV though!
Thank you for the info.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Awards for multiple stays?

I seem to remember discussion of an award of a few nights in a speciality suite after passing a certain number of stays at this property.

For some reason I thought the number was 35 but I didn't receive anything upon check in or check out of the 35th stay.

Does anyone know the number of stays I should be targeting?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I received my specialty suite certificate at my 50th stay.
I had been upgraded to specialty suites 3 times previously.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I had been upgraded to specialty suites 3 times previously.
Were your upgrades to speciality suites three times previously linked to a certain number of stays being reached (30th or 40th stay), or was it just sheer good luck? Were you on these three occasions upgraded from a 'regular' suite or from a 'regular' room? Thanks.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newshound
I seem to remember discussion of an award of a few nights in a speciality suite after passing a certain number of stays at this property.

For some reason I thought the number was 35 but I didn't receive anything upon check in or check out of the 35th stay.

Does anyone know the number of stays I should be targeting?
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
IIRC the benefit is awarded at your 50th stay, and is for one stay of three consecutive nights. Note that it is not a published benefit; and, as such, the award is not an entitlement and it may be changed or withdrawn at any time.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Thanks Dr HFH & IluvSQ. I don't know where I got the number 35 from. I guess I'll just have to keep staying there... not exactly a hardship!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by sabdhabi
Were your upgrades to speciality suites three times previously linked to a certain number of stays being reached (30th or 40th stay), or was it just sheer good luck? Were you on these three occasions upgraded from a 'regular' suite or from a 'regular' room? Thanks.
I believe the previous upgrades were just good luck, or more aptly - good
customer treatment from Front Desk. I always book lowest rate available,
and never request a suite or upgrade, just take what is given.

On previous " numbered" stays, I have received gifts such as a bottle of
champagne, and a CD/coffee table book with pictures and recipes from
many Luxury Collection chefs.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I received nothing on my 60th stay.

And isn't a bit odd that they do the awards based on the number of stays and not the number of nights?

I can see basing it on stays for, let's say, the first 5 or 10 stays, but after that, basing it on the number of nights (which they track as well) seems to objectively make more sense.

Says the guy who stays a longer number of nights on each stay . . .
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
And isn't a bit odd that they do the awards based on the number of stays and not the number of nights?

I can see basing it on stays for, let's say, the first 5 or 10 stays, but after that, basing it on the number of nights (which they track as well) seems to objectively make more sense.

Says the guy who stays a longer number of nights on each stay . . .
Applying that same logic has resulted in airlines going to a revenue based system, replacing the BIS miles based system.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Apr 5, 2017 at 9:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.