Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:32 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
1 month from today, I hate the SGS, I just cant enjoy any other hotel !
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:44 am

Programs: AC 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, National Exec Elite
OK, I'm staying here for 6 nights with a couple of toddlers. Using SNA, but I think it's only smoking Suites. Is this correct? I tried searching this thread for "smoking" but doesn't really confirm whether people actually got smoking rooms or there are non-smoking Suites available but they simply don't give it to you until day of (or within 5 days).

It always happens when I travel for business, they always frickin' give me suite upgrades when I don't really need it, but obviously nice to have. When with family and on vacation, it doesn't happen often, which is when I need it most! Just my luck!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:51 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingTomboy
OK, I'm staying here for 6 nights with a couple of toddlers. Using SNA, but I think it's only smoking Suites. Is this correct? I tried searching this thread for "smoking" but doesn't really confirm whether people actually got smoking rooms or there are non-smoking Suites available but they simply don't give it to you until day of (or within 5 days).
SGS has both smoking and non-smoking suites. I believe they only fulfill suite upgrades when available in the same smoking category; if you book a non-smoking room and only smoking suites are available (or vice versa), they will not fulfill the upgrade unless you provide consent to the smoking change. You may wish to contact them in advance if the suite upgrade is more important than smoking preference.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
SGS has both smoking and non-smoking suites. I believe they only fulfill suite upgrades when available in the same smoking category; if you book a non-smoking room and only smoking suites are available (or vice versa), they will not fulfill the upgrade unless you provide consent to the smoking change. You may wish to contact them in advance if the suite upgrade is more important than smoking preference.
If you're not pre-assigned to what you want, ask at the FD on checkin. They are usually very accommodating and will try to help you out. What's more, if you don't mind changing rooms, they may be able to get you what you want after the first night. Definitely ask at checkin.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Checked into the SGS this evening with the family on a points stay, booked a 2 queen room. After walking in the room I am shocked to see the actual size of the "queen bed". What the SGS calls a queen measures 130-135cm wide, not even close to a standard 152cm queen. Had I known these were actually double beds I would have looked at other properties. The Le Meridien properties I have been staying in across Thailand the last couple weeks were upfront about the double size beds so I was able to make proper arrangements in advance.

Guess I get to spend an uncomfortable 5 nights here at the SGS with the family, was hoping for better. I know service will be great and all but getting a good comfortable nights sleep is kind of the main point to a hotel.

Last edited by Scttq; Jul 5, 2015 at 11:24 am
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Scttq
Checked into the SGS this evening with the family on a points stay, booked a 2 queen room. After walking in the room I am shocked to see the actual size of the "queen bed". What the SGS calls a queen measures 130-135cm wide, not even close to a standard 152cm queen. Had I known these were actually double beds I would have looked at other properties. The Le Meridien properties I have been staying in across Thailand the last couple weeks were upfront about the double size beds so I was able to make proper arrangements in advance.

Guess I get to spend an uncomfortable 5 nights here at the SGS with the family, was hoping for better. I know service will be great and all but getting a good comfortable nights sleep is kind of the main point to a hotel.
If you didn't get what you want or booked, go to the front desk, explain the situation and ask for a different room. IME they can almost find a different room for you. No reason to spend five nights uncomfortably.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:10 pm

Delete

Last edited by Scttq; Jul 7, 2015 at 8:41 am
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:54 am

The front desk was able to move us into a x02 king suite with 2 roll away beds for the kids. I was happy with the front desk managers ability to understand and rectify the situation and Mr. Chapman did send me a personal note. Repacking for a family of 4 after a day on the town isn't ideal but it's over.

If all the "queen" beds are of the same size as the front desk has advised, I do hope they will consider changing the description to full size or double just as the Thai Le Meridien properties do for the same size bed (we stayed in 3 different Thai Le Meridien properties over the last 2 weeks). This will allow better planning for certain guests like ourselves.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:52 am
Company Representative - Bangkok.Grande Sukhumvit by Sheraton

Location: 250 Sukhumvit Soi 12-14, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Originally Posted by Scttq

Dear Scttq,

I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with the size of the queen size bed. I understand that our Assistant Manager has offered to move you to one of our suites with two extra beds with our compliments. I do apologize for your inconvenience and do hope that this suggestion from our Assistant Manager will meet your needs.

With kind regards

Richard Chapman
General Manager
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:33 am
Company Representative - Bangkok.Grande Sukhumvit by Sheraton

Location: 250 Sukhumvit Soi 12-14, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
Hot Escapes Sale starts NOW!

Book by July 20 and escape until August 31, 2015!
- Up to 30% savings off your rate
- SPG members save an additional 5% and earn Starpoints®.
- Rates from 4,389 ++ Baht

Reserve now
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:43 pm

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
Lives up to the hype and then some

We've just completed our first visit to BKK and to the SGS and I'll now add my voice to the chorus of praise for this property. From airport pickup to drop-off and everything in between, the experience provided by this property was exceptional.

As first-time visitors, the location was outstanding for us: connection from the lobby to the BTS, MRT, and Terminal 21. It's the perfect base from which to explore the city, or to get some quick refreshment when the afternoon heat became too much. We also very much enjoyed the new Pier 21 food court across the street.

As a family of five, the connecting room setup was perfect for what we needed. We very much enjoyed the layout posted upthread by Mr Chapman, as it provided the ideal mix of privacy and proximity.

The Sala and pool area in general were absolutely wonderful. We spent more time here than we'd expected and we enjoyed every minute of it. It's a wonderful oasis in the middle of dense city.

The food offerings were impressive and the entire family enjoyed the breakfast service at Oasis.

Platinum treatment was exceptional, exactly as I'd come to expect from reading this thread.

We spent six nights here and could well have spent more. My SO remarked that it may have been our best hotel stay ever, so pleased was she with the service.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by unclepants
We've just completed our first visit to BKK and to the SGS and I'll now add my voice to the chorus of praise for this property. From airport pickup to drop-off and everything in between, the experience provided by this property was exceptional.

As first-time visitors, the location was outstanding for us: connection from the lobby to the BTS, MRT, and Terminal 21. It's the perfect base from which to explore the city, or to get some quick refreshment when the afternoon heat became too much. We also very much enjoyed the new Pier 21 food court across the street.

As a family of five, the connecting room setup was perfect for what we needed. We very much enjoyed the layout posted upthread by Mr Chapman, as it provided the ideal mix of privacy and proximity.

The Sala and pool area in general were absolutely wonderful. We spent more time here than we'd expected and we enjoyed every minute of it. It's a wonderful oasis in the middle of dense city.

The food offerings were impressive and the entire family enjoyed the breakfast service at Oasis.

Platinum treatment was exceptional, exactly as I'd come to expect from reading this thread.

We spent six nights here and could well have spent more. My SO remarked that it may have been our best hotel stay ever, so pleased was she with the service.

So,, a normal stay at SGS with nothing special to report !!!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
"Sheraton Free Weekends" terms and conditions

Just noticed: "Sheraton properties not participating in this promotion include Sheraton Addis, a Luxury Collection Hotel; Sheraton Algarve, a Luxury Collection Hotel; Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel; Sheraton Kuwait, a Luxury Collection Hotel, and Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas."
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by UASPG
Just noticed: "Sheraton properties not participating in this promotion include Sheraton Addis, a Luxury Collection Hotel; Sheraton Algarve, a Luxury Collection Hotel; Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel; Sheraton Kuwait, a Luxury Collection Hotel, and Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas."
Aside from the last one, those are all the legacy "Sheraton" hotels that have been Sheratons in name only for many years, but are actually in the Luxury Collection. It's a holdover from when the ITT Sheraton Luxury division was formed from the most elite Sheraton hotels back in the 1990s. Over the last few years, most of the others (Ankara, London Park Tower, Imperial Kuala Lumpur, Sofia, etc) have been renamed to remove the Sheraton name or repositioned as legit Sheratons. I'm sure these last few will be renamed soon too, I suspect it's to do with waiting for contracts to run out, etc.

Last edited by James Luckard; Jul 9, 2015 at 5:12 pm
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN3
So,, a normal stay at SGS with nothing special to report !!!
Ha! I think that's what makes the stay all the more remarkable to me - this is the level of service that everyone here has come to expect, every time. A tremendous property for a family vacation or a business stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.