Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Anaheim vs Sheraton Park Anaheim Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Anaheim vs Sheraton Park Anaheim Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2009, 7:53 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Just my two cents and I did not walk this but I did stay there and it "appears" to me its > a 5 minute walk. its close no doubt but 15 minutes is probably right in a nice slow stroll with the kiddies in tow

one issue is crossing a pretty big street (i forget the name) but its the one the hotel is on. Its not as big as Harbor blvd but its not a small side street either
The street you mention is Katella! It is large, but I believe (from memory) does have a crossing with lights. You can use the ART from Sheraton Park but when we were there it was very unreliable (apprarently the drivers were unhappy with their conditions so the service wasnt that great ). They would not run to schedule which at times was frustrating if you were trying to catch the ART back for some evening Disneyland activities. However this is out of the hotel's control.

I have stayed at both properties and far preferred the Sheraton Park hotel (stayed in 2008) over the Sheraton Anaheim. The pool is nicer, the view is great if you get the Disney view with balcony. I didnt get upgraded, other than SPG floor and Disney view (but I am only gold). I did read FT before I left so I knew to request NO connecting doors - we didnt have any noise issues at all. Didnt see the club lounge. Loved the LINK with free PCs with internet access. Had a fantastic stay and have booked to go back there again this year.

Stayed at Sheraton Anaheim in 2007. Had to change rooms 3 times to get the room I actually prepaid and booked - renovated room. Absolutely no recognition, it seems, for being an elite SPG member here. Several things this hotel has over the Park is the size of the rooms - they are huge! I also loved the grounds of this hotel, very pretty, plus the very prompt Disneyland shuttle service that the hotel owns and runs. Beats ART hands down ^. There was some construction at the time as they were renovating the hotel - I believe it is all completed now.

My daughter loves the Sheraton Anaheim hotel the best (probably the Castle theme and the huge fishtank in the lobby) so we will also do a few nights here in 2009 as well - mainly for status nights for me - but will keep the MINI DG happy as well .

Unsure re the parking as I fly from SYD . No car in USA.

Last edited by Downunder girl; Mar 23, 2009 at 8:00 am
Old Mar 23, 2009, 3:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
The Club Lounge, though I don't recall the exact hours, is open pretty early in the morning to accommodate guests trying to get to Disneyland for early entry hours.
Staying at this property doesn't get guests access to early entry hours, does it? How would one otherwise get access to those?
Old Mar 23, 2009, 9:00 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Staying at this property doesn't get guests access to early entry hours, does it? How would one otherwise get access to those?
You get Park early entry hours by buying the multi-day Park Hopper Bonus pass that has them (I recommend www.mouseplanet.com for tips). I was just noting the Club Lounge tries to be open early enough to accommodate those guests who have those passes.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 9:50 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
There is a "Disney" desk in the hotel lobby where one can purchase Disney tickets (and get answers to questions about Disney). Since we already had our tickets, I couldn't tell you if they have different prices from other outlets or not.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 2:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Disneyland Sheratons

Going to Disneyland Calif for a few days Which Sheraton is better ----- Sheraton Anaheim or Sheraton Park at Anaheim Resort?

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jun 28, 2009 at 5:38 pm Reason: Moved into master thread - thanks for link, hhoope01
Old Jun 28, 2009, 2:46 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
From the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...read-list.html sticky thread, you can find the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html thread which will probably have some good info for you.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 8:29 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Booked a room at the Sherton Anaheim. Room is called Castle Connector Suite at about 1500 sq. feet. Has anyone ever stayed in this room. or have any information.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by DENROC
Going to Disneyland Calif for a few days Which Sheraton is better ----- Sheraton Anaheim or Sheraton Park at Anaheim Resort?
I debated the same thing recently. A friend had booked at the Sheraton Anaheim specifically because her husband's foot was in a cast and they needed a shuttle. The SA has a dedicated shuttle to the park which they said was great. Her comments were that the rooms were old but very large - about 500 sq ft for 2 Queen room. She said the grounds were pretty but overall, she wouldn't stay again but would go back if they need to use a shuttle.

Based on her feedback, I booked the Sheraton Park at the Club Level on points. I was not particularly impressed with the front desk - nothing really wrong but weren't as "upbeat" and "happy" as I am use to when I stay onsite at Disneyland. We seemed to have confused her since I was requesting 2 connecting rooms and hoping for one to be available early (traveling with 2 1/2 yr old twins). I think the combined request was a bit much but we finally got it worked out.

The rooms were very nice - beds were Sheraton Sleepers and very comfortable. The mini fridges had a "quick chill" button in them which helped cool down our drinks much faster. We were only on the 5th floor since the priority was connecting rooms but still had a good view (most club rooms are on the 12th or 14th floor). The lounge was outstanding!! Bartender was friendly and accommodating and happy to give out both wine and bottled water to each person. The drinks were free unless you were asking for premium liquor. The appetizers were filling. We had 2 hot appetizers - one looked like little chicken tempuras with a soy dipping sauce, the other was chicken empanadas with guacamole, salsa & chips. There was also veggies and dip, cheese and crackers, fruit and a bowl of mixed nuts. Breakfast was cereal, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, muffins, danish, assorted breads and bagels for toasting along with juice, milk, coffee and water. The cappuccino machine was out of order when we were there - oh well! Parking was $14 with in and out privileges - just make sure you get the parking pass when you check in (another thing that confused the front desk rep). Walking to the park without kids is very fast - maybe 6-7 minutes. And yes, you do cross Katella but there is a light. Now with 2 toddlers walking (not wanting to be in strollers) it took closer to 15 minutes. But it was an easy walk. If you have a Disney view, you can see the fireworks at night.

BTW, I second Seattlenerd's recommendation of mouseplanet.com for Disneyland tips - it is a great site!
Old Nov 8, 2009, 4:36 am

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Recently stayed in Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort with Club Room and please take a look of my flickr pictures
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
anyone been to Sheraton Park recently?

I'm recommending some friends join/book club level here. 2 yrs ago my family went and had a wonderful time. The club lounge was extremely friendly and accomodating.

They allowed us to take a few bottled waters & make sandwiches in the morning for the Park and in the evening we were allowed extra beers to bring back to our room (which we saved to have while watching fireworks) and then had snackes and cocktails from 5-7 in the lounge while our kids watch the big TV. It was such a great time with friendly staff I recommened my sisters family also stay there the following July. They also had nothing but good things to say.

Now 2 years later wondering if the lounge staff is still just as friendly and club lounge level rooms still a good bet? I found them a deal for 4 nights at $582 for 2 queens on Club level.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 8:30 am

I'm here now. To answer your question.....Yes, the club lounge staff has been great.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:02 pm

How safe is the walk from Sheraton Park to Disneyland? My dd and I will be there while my husband is at a training and didn't know if I will feel safe at nights especially walking back from the parks.

Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by angiebaylor
How safe is the walk from Sheraton Park to Disneyland? My dd and I will be there while my husband is at a training and didn't know if I will feel safe at nights especially walking back from the parks
Welcome to FlyerTalk, angiebaylor!

You and your "dd" should be fine -- the walk is short and safe.

By the way, what's a "dd?"
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:14 pm

Thank you! dd is darling daughter!! I guess I am on too many "mommy" forums! he he!! they use dd for daughters and ds for son and dh for husband!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by angiebaylor
Thank you! dd is darling daughter!! I guess I am on too many "mommy" forums!
Too many indeed. It's been a few years since I've been down to Disneyland, but Sheraton Park is my preferred hotel on location alone. The walk is very easy and many people do it. The walk from the Sheraton Anaheim is doable, but longer and not as pleasant. Not that walking the streets of Anaheim is ever that pleasant...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.