Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Delhi

Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC *50K MM; WS Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I have not stayed at the ITC so I cannot give you a true comparison, but we stayed at the Le Meridien in New Delhi on three different occasions earlier this year and we thought they were exceptional. I am Plat, so we were upgraded to a lovely suite each time; the furnishings were comfortable, the staff above-exceptional, the restaurant (Monsoon I think) interesting (a modern take on classical Indian) and good. And the location cannot be beat! Right in the heart of the city, and close to everything we wanted to get to. Actually, now that I think about it, I'd pick the LM over the ITC just for the location!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Thanks everyone. Looks like the ITC Maurya will be my choice-- I know the location of the LM is better, but this stay will be at the end of a long trip, and I think we'll value the amenities more than the location. One last question for those of you who have stayed at the ITC-- they're offering me an upsell to a Tower room from the standard room that I booked on points. Is the Tower room worth some extra cash?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by whimsey21
Thanks everyone. Looks like the ITC Maurya will be my choice-- I know the location of the LM is better, but this stay will be at the end of a long trip, and I think we'll value the amenities more than the location. One last question for those of you who have stayed at the ITC-- they're offering me an upsell to a Tower room from the standard room that I booked on points. Is the Tower room worth some extra cash?
how much is the upsell????
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:00 am

INR 1500 (plus an extra 500 for taxes)
Old Jul 1, 2013, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by whimsey21
INR 1500 (plus an extra 500 for taxes)
i believe the tower room gets you lounge access as well so its not too bad for an extra $35 a night....
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat - Ambassador Managed, VS Gold, Krisflyer Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser
i believe the tower room gets you lounge access as well so its not too bad for an extra $35 a night....
That's right it does.

Not sure what the current rate is but the ITC One rooms are brilliant.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 7:35 am

Thanks-- I'll go with the Tower room at the ITC then (and inquire as to the upsell on an ITC One room)
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:58 am

Just updating on my stay-- I think the ITC Maurya was the right choice. The Tower room was quite spacious, and we enjoyed the breakfast offerings (better than my memories of breakfast at the LM a few years ago). The Tower Lounge was a bit disappointing-- food/beverages only available for 2 hours in the evening, and very limited selection at that. It might have been nice a few times to be closer to CP, but we definitely made use of our room and the hotel. Thanks for the advice!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
I'm planning to book some award stays in New Delhi, and I'd like to minimize the luxury rack-rate tax I've been reading about.
Is it advisable to decline upgrades in order to avoid this extra tax? Is the tax charged on cash & points awards, or even standard awards?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, SPG Plat
I've had a chance to test most of the SPG properties in Delhi the past couple months.

On the whole, Le Meridien takes it for me. The best Platinum recognition of any SPG property in India in my experience -- I have never not been given a suite (with panoramic views of Rajpath and India Gate), in-room check-in, a snack spread (nuts and chocolates), and a welcome bottle of wine. Central location for tourists (or if your business is in Delhi proper). Also a 5 minute walk to Central Secretariat metro.

The ITC Mayura is the most beautiful property, and the most "Indian" vibe. It's also the most accessible from the airport, although you will need a taxi to go anywhere and the traffic at Dhaula Kuan can be horrific at rush hour. Platinum recognition on my one (weekend) stay was negligible, although the lounge breakfast is one of the best I have had anywhere in the world (full menu).

The Sheraton in Saket is underwhelming. Tired lobby and rooms, and zero Platinum recognition. I was asked to show my Platinum card (does anyone carry that thing?) until I came around the desk and showed the receptionist the "P" next to my member number on his computer terminal. A five minutes discussion on free internet benefits ensued. Weak lounge breakfast, as well.

The Westin Gurgaon is brand new, and feels like any other new, high-end Westin. Beautiful lounge, though the view of NH-8 is nothing to write home about. Good access to the airport (besides toll delays), and great access to most of Gurgaon.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, SPG Plat
On the luxury tax issue: I was not charged any taxes for a pure (standard) award stay at the ITC; I'm not sure about C&P.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ericd102
The ITC Mayura is the most beautiful property, and the most "Indian" vibe. It's also the most accessible from the airport, although you will need a taxi to go anywhere and the traffic at Dhaula Kuan can be horrific at rush hour. Platinum recognition on my one (weekend) stay was negligible, although the lounge breakfast is one of the best I have had anywhere in the world (full menu).
the itc maurya is very overrated....its also not the most accessible from the airport....the new four points & the westin in gurgaon are much closer....platinum recognition has always been weak here as itc also has its own membership program & they tend to reward their members better....

Originally Posted by ericd102
The Westin Gurgaon is brand new, and feels like any other new, high-end Westin. Beautiful lounge, though the view of NH-8 is nothing to write home about. Good access to the airport (besides toll delays), and great access to most of Gurgaon.
no more toll now....they did away with that a couple of weeks ago....
Old Mar 8, 2014, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by phlashba
MY advice is to spend a s little time in Delhi as possible regardless of which hotel you choose. OTOH if your destination is Delhi ---- best wishes.
Amen to that sister.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
ITC Grand Bharat

For some reason, I cannot find the thread on the ITC Grand Bharat, a Luxury Collection Resort, Gurgaon, New Delhi. Can you help?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Sheraton or Le Meridien in Delhi?

Will have a three day trip to New Delhi. Appreciate any insights as to whether Sheraton or Le Meridien is a better choice?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.