Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Deer Valley - Park City, UT [Master Thread]

St. Regis Deer Valley - Park City, UT [Master Thread]

Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:40 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,DL,CO,AMEX
Hello - I just contacted the hotel regarding an award stay prior to 1/4. I was informed that they are only allowing reservations for individuals on the wait list at this moment. They plan to open up remaining inventory, 12/18 onward, within the next day or two.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by lanemckenna
Hello - I just contacted the hotel regarding an award stay prior to 1/4. I was informed that they are only allowing reservations for individuals on the wait list at this moment. They plan to open up remaining inventory, 12/18 onward, within the next day or two.
I was able to make a 5-night reward reservation there over new year's. They have a 5-night minimum during that time.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 11:59 am

St. Regis Park City / Deer Crest Resort

Any one have reviews or tips to share on this new property since it opened last month?
Old Dec 9, 2009, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it opened last friday (dec 4)

ah, all is now clear >

67 condohotel 1509>2764ft2 1>4BR lock out into 114 rooms and 67 suites
26 residences 1509>3615ft2 1>4BR (not in hotel inventory)

condohotel floors 1>7 (31 unsold)
residences floors 8>11 (4 unsold)

one of the unsold is 1004, which looks like its next to papa john founder's 4BR >
http://www.heraldextra.com/business/...0e45d70f8.html
Papa John's founder...closed on the purchase of three units...for $23 million...two penthouse...plus a 3,700 square-foot residence...penthouse units, located on the 11th floor and each about 6,000 square feet in size
http://srdvresidences.com/
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11063327-post4.html
http://www.travelpulse.com/Resources...l.aspx?n=64397
http://www.globest.com/news/1553_155.../182531-1.html

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 12, 2012 at 2:16 pm
Old Dec 9, 2009, 3:07 pm

I'm headed there next Friday for a family ski trip. I'll post a trip report when I get back. Just hoping they get more snow over the next 8 or 9 days.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
There is a forecast for possibly more snow this coming Friday night through Saturday and Sunday. It's been VERY cold the past couple of days. Monday, I saw several cases of frostbite on guests at Park City Mt. Resort. It's not going to get any warmer, either. So, bring your very warm clothes with you!! Be sure to ski both DV and PCMR to get the most of the available open ski runs.
If you eat at any of the restaurants at the St. Regis, be sure to post reviews of them, also. As a local, I'd love to know if they are going to be worth the try.
Right now, St. Regis is offering a "local only" special of 50% off for rooms. I might take them up on it as a little getaway after the holidays.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: SPG Gold, UA 1K, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bankingguy
I'm headed there next Friday for a family ski trip. I'll post a trip report when I get back. Just hoping they get more snow over the next 8 or 9 days.
Really interested to hear about this property for late winter travel. Please let us know how your stay turns out!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 3:41 pm

Slidergirl-

Yeah, I've been looking at the forecast. Looks like the best we'll do is highs in the upper 20's. Luckily (I guess), we're beginner skiers and a good number of the green runs are open. Besides skiing, kids are looking forward to the alpine coaster and tubing. They were also intested in the sleigh ride and dinner. Do you know if that is any good?

I'm not sure about our dining plans but I will be sure to post a trip report as soon as I get back.

Last edited by bankingguy; Dec 10, 2009 at 3:42 pm Reason: typing error
Old Dec 11, 2009, 1:31 pm

Any suggestions for car service from airport to the hotel for 2? Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:32 pm

sucker777,

This is from an email I received from the resort in response to my question regarding transportation. Hope it helps.

Below you will find transportation options from the Salt Lake City International Airport as well as hourly rates:

Shared Van 1-way $37.00 per person
Shared Van Round Trip $74.00 per person
Child Shared Van 1-way $24.00 per child
Child Shared Van Round Trip $48.00 per child
Private Van 1-way $240.00
SUV $169.00
Sedan $135.00
Cadillac Escalade ESV $190.00
Taxi Approximately $75 to 85.00 each way
Sedan Hourly rate - $70.00 per hour with a 3 hour minimum
SUV Hourly rate - $85.00 per hour with a 3 hour minimum
Old Dec 11, 2009, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Re: transportation rates. Those sound about right. There really isn't much difference in the various shuttle services between SLC and PC.
On the sleigh ride and dinner. I haven't done it. I honestly don't have any info on them. I do know that the horses were brought up for the season 2 weekends ago.
On the coaster and tubing. Both are lots of fun. The coaster opens about 12:30 each day. It is deceptively fast. The first time I rode it, I wasn't expecting the speed. I definitely used the brake! The tubing is tons of fun. There are different tubing lanes of varying length and difficulty. The tubing hill, Gorgoza, is actually outside of town about 6 miles. If you don't have a rental car, you'll have to get a taxi or shuttle there. One thing to remember - it might be "warm" (relatively speaking) if the sun is shining, but as soon as the sun goes down behind the hills, it gets cold FAST. Be prepared for that if you plan anything late afternoon. Good news is that our cold spell has broken - next week's lows will be higher than this week's highs. Have a great time!!!
Old Dec 13, 2009, 9:49 am

Has any one stayed there or have an actual sense of how fully operational they are? I called the hotel's main number yesterday morning (9am MST) and no one answered after 10 rings. I got through in the afternoon to reserve ski equipment and they said their shop isnt open and expected to open 12/18. The concierge would not take and said I could not make equipment reservations until then. At the main restaurant, they don't have a menu for New Year's, don't know what their entertainment plans are yet, don't have pricing information; all they know is that it will be fixed price with seatings at 6pm and 9pm. On transfers, they just said they would book transportation through Park City Transportation or some car service with a name like that. All in all, it seemed very sketchy for something that is suppose to be a top quality hotel.

Last edited by sucker777; Dec 13, 2009 at 9:57 am
Old Dec 29, 2009, 12:15 pm

Sorry for the delay in getting this review up. I was at the resort before Christmas but tore my ACL (luckily on the last day). In any event, I haven't felt up to writing the review until now.

Overall impression: this is going to be a very, very nice resort after they work out the kinks. We loved it and will undoubtedly come back (assuming my new ACL is up for it).

From/to the airport: the service the resort lined up to pick me up was top notch. I had reserved a suburban but they picked me up in an escalade. Nice driver, very profession, on time. Same thing for the trip back to the airport.

Check-in. I was unsure of how this works but they drop you off at the lobby itself (you don't have to ride the tram). Check in was speedy, was upgraded to a nicer room, and received the plat amenity.

Room. Typical St. Regis, which is great. We had queen beds and they were quite comfortable - perhaps a bit firm for some but we liked them. Bathroom was large and well appointed - tv in mirror, nice tub, large shower with rainfall and regular shower head. Our room also had a very large deck area overlooking one of the green runs (can’t remember which one).

Ski Service - This where things start to go wrong. They had just opened a Jan's ski shop on site. The staff's knowledge was underwhelming. It was simply disorganized as well. Also, they don’t rent helmets here so we had to then go to the snow park and wait in the line to get helmets. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Restaurant – The first morning, we had breakfast onsite. It was simply terrible. Something as simple as scrambled eggs were no good. It was as if they scrambled the eggs and then put them in a food processor. In any event, we didn’t go back for any food onsite. However, on the tram I heard several people rave about dinner. We opted to go into town instead.

Car service – The resort has several (two or three) Escalades to take you within a several mile area. Getting picked up from town was fine for us. Leaving from the property was a different matter. Guests were asked to wait for the next car but they failed to keep up with who was next in line. People were getting pretty upset. And this happened the first two days of our visit while occupancy was pretty low. After that, we just walked to the snow park and took the bus – it was far less frustrating and you at least knew when you’d get somewhere. If it was up to me, I’d start charging for the car service to rationalize demand or simply eliminate it.

Service – The staff is very eager to help you, they just don’t know how to get things done right now. For example, someone helped us get from Jans to the snow park with our equipment. To do so, you take the elevator to the second floor, walk a hundred yards or so, and then take another elevator or stairs to the third floor to get to the tram. You can’t take the main elevator to the third floor and simply walk to the tram – they are not connected. Anyway, the ski valet didn’t know this so we walked around a good bit to figure it out. Not a big deal but simply illustrative of their transition difficulties. Typical services such as room service, bellmen, etc. were all very good – typical St. Regis.

Don’t let my negativity of some service issues turn you off to the property, but if you’re going anytime soon I just wouldn’t expect the total experience you expect of a St. Regis. I bet in several months the place will be fantastic.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bankingguy
...Room. Typical St. Regis, which is great. We had queen beds and they were quite comfortable - perhaps a bit firm for some but we liked them. Bathroom was large and well appointed - tv in mirror, nice tub, large shower with rainfall and regular shower head. Our room also had a very large deck area overlooking one of the green runs (cant remember which one)......
Thank you for your detailed TR. ^

You mentioned low occupancy but you didn't get a suite upgrade? That's a tad disappointing.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: CO Silver-SPG Gold
We just booked this resort for a last minute ski trip. It was 20K points a night or 21,500 for a slighter room. We are heading out there Saturday January 9th and will be there three nights. Will post a report when I return.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.