Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cbellero
Transportation Resort Charge Policy

The resort will arrange combined speedboat transfers to and from Male International Airport and the fee is 136 USD per person (inclusive of the 12% GST and 10% Service Charge). International flight details are required to arrange transfers.

Some rate plans are inclusive of the transfer fee. Please check the rate description. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As of March 2021, hotel website states speedboat transfer is complimentary.

Information for Guests with Children

Due to the design and the general layout of our Water Bungalow, Water Villa, Water Suite and Ocean Villa children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated in these room types. Children above the age of 12 are allowed when staying with a parent (maximum of 2 pax per room including child).

Please contact the resort for further information.

Mandatory Transportation Information

The resort is just a short 20 - 25 minutes speed boat ride away from Male' Airport.

Please contact the resort at sheraton dot maldives at sheraton dot com for transportation arrangements or fill in your details here.
  • Transportation is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
  • The cost for the combined roundtrip transfer service from/to MLE International Airport is 136 USD per person.
  • Please note that all speedboat transfers are subject to weather conditions and may not be able to operate in extreme weather.
  • Advance notice for changes is required at (960) 665 0225 x4.

New Green Tax Beginning November 1, 2015

Beginning November 1, 2015, a new Green Tax of 6 USD per day per person will go into effect. This will be in addition to the 10% Service Charge and the 12% Goods and Services Tax.

Mandatory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

There will be a compulsory New Year's Eve dinner supplement for all guests staying over or arriving on December 31, 2015. The rate is 431 USD per adult and 172 USD per child ages 2 to 11. This will be automatically added to the room bill. Please contact the resort for further information.

Reaching out to the hotel
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Yes. There is 2 night min stay requirement if booking online. If guest’s are transiting to W the next day please write to the property for assistance.

[email protected]
No more 2-night minimum for booking online. Just booked 1 night on points for my honeymoon next year. I'm arriving late on SQ (as I did 3 months ago), and instead of spending the night at Hulhule (as I did and didn't much like 3 months ago), I booked a night at the Sheraton, before heading off to the Conrad. Anyone know if this hotel has day (or half-day) rates? Guessing the answer is no, and I'm considering booking a room anyway with points for the last day of my trip, as I'm flying out on the SQ red-eye, and I don't really need any more Male sightseeing time.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ps9a
No more 2-night minimum for booking online. Just booked 1 night on points for my honeymoon next year. I'm arriving late on SQ (as I did 3 months ago), and instead of spending the night at Hulhule (as I did and didn't much like 3 months ago), I booked a night at the Sheraton, before heading off to the Conrad. Anyone know if this hotel has day (or half-day) rates? Guessing the answer is no, and I'm considering booking a room anyway with points for the last day of my trip, as I'm flying out on the SQ red-eye, and I don't really need any more Male sightseeing time.
just sent you a pm which could help you out with the day rate....
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat, Star G, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*
I just booked the Sheraton Maldives, with the free weekend promo, after reading some of the reviews, I'm a little nervous. I don't want to fly around the world and be disappointed!

If we stay at the Sheraton we will be able to get a Water Villa for 3nts, plus the possibility of an upgrade the first 3nts. I'm a little a worried about the reviews that say you can see Male in the distance and hear noise, etc. We are looking for isolation and peace, so not sure this is the place for us.

The other option is to stay at the Sheraton 3nts and then go to the Conrad 3nts. However, there is no way to guarantee a Water Villa at the Conrad. I'm a HH Diamond, but have very poor luck with WA and Conrad upgrades.

Thoughts??
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SFOisHome
I just booked the Sheraton Maldives, with the free weekend promo, after reading some of the reviews, I'm a little nervous. I don't want to fly around the world and be disappointed!
i don't think you would be disappointed with this property....while its not in the same league as the w or the conrad, its still a great property....

If we stay at the Sheraton we will be able to get a Water Villa for 3nts, plus the possibility of an upgrade the first 3nts. I'm a little a worried about the reviews that say you can see Male in the distance and hear noise, etc. We are looking for isolation and peace, so not sure this is the place for us.
i wouldn't count on a water villa upgrade....i couldn't tell from your profile whether you are spg plat or not, but their water villas are not part of their upgrade pool....you can request one when you get there but there is no gaurantee....

you can see male in the distance but i have never heard anyone complain about the noise....we had a great 3 night stay here last year & there was no noise at all....

The other option is to stay at the Sheraton 3nts and then go to the Conrad 3nts. However, there is no way to guarantee a Water Villa at the Conrad. I'm a HH Diamond, but have very poor luck with WA and Conrad upgrades.
again, don't count on an upgrade to a water villa at the conrad....their beach villas are very nice though & this is an absolutely fantastic property....my wife & i paid extra to get the overwater villa & we really enjoyed ourselves....as a diamond you will get free breakfast here....

also keep in mind that if you want to go to the conrad then you will have to pay over $400 for a roundtrip between male & rangali....
Old Aug 27, 2010, 6:48 am

since i dont really want to use a significant amount of points and end up with a massive bill for incidentals, when halfboard deals are available at other nice places....does anyone know if they comp BF for Plats, also does the Sheraton offer some sort of club lounge?

thanks all,
yapak2
Old Sep 28, 2010, 9:13 am

Programs: UA: GS; SPG: Plat; Marriott: Plat; Hyatt: Plat
no breakfast comp for plat?

I have a similar question... used points to book a 5 day there. was told that no breakfast comp for platinum. is that true? any deals on half-board etc.?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat, Star G, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*
Board

I emailed last week asking about board packages here is the reply:

Please find below price of meal packages.

Half Board (breakfast & Dinner) US$ 89.00 + 10% service charge
Full Board (breakfast, lunch & dinner) US$ 144.00 +10 % service charge

The above quoted price is for per person per day.

I also followed up asking about what restaurants and if it included alcohol. It does not include alcohol and you can only eat at the FEAST buffet restaurant.

Cheers!
Old Apr 19, 2011, 1:35 pm

Please find below price of meal packages.

Half Board (breakfast & Dinner) US$ 89.00 + 10% service charge
Full Board (breakfast, lunch & dinner) US$ 144.00 +10 % service charge
How do the prices at the resort's other restaurants compare (for, say, breakfast and dinner for two) to the board plans above?

Also, have any FTers stayed here in the past year or so?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 2:22 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Nothing free for this plat not even a welcome fruit amenity. Did get an ug after a bit of a hassle. There are many different nationalities working here and they don't communicate well. Eg engineer asks another staff to bring an adaptor nd he came back ready to change the while outlet to one I couldn't use. Never mind trying to get a strip to extend one outlet to two or three since there aren't sufficient outlets in the rooms which were built a long time ago.

Everything is oriented to extra charges and the food options are VERY expensive even by Maldives stamdars (a 30 cent yougart was 9 DOLLARS for room service lus assorted chArges which would have added another 20%). no free anything, no lounge, no cocktail hour or free wine tasting -you get the picture.
Old May 9, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K/Million Miler, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by estnet
Nothing free for this plat not even a welcome fruit amenity. Did get an ug after a bit of a hassle. There are many different nationalities working here and they don't communicate well. Eg engineer asks another staff to bring an adaptor nd he came back ready to change the while outlet to one I couldn't use. Never mind trying to get a strip to extend one outlet to two or three since there aren't sufficient outlets in the rooms which were built a long time ago.

Everything is oriented to extra charges and the food options are VERY expensive even by Maldives stamdars (a 30 cent yougart was 9 DOLLARS for room service lus assorted chArges which would have added another 20%). no free anything, no lounge, no cocktail hour or free wine tasting -you get the picture.
Wish I had seen this before I booked my trip for June 1-4. Was hoping for the usual Platinum perks - upgrade, lounge access, etc. Was wondering what kind of upgrade did you finally get, and what did it take? Thanks,
Old May 9, 2011, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I was not ug to an over the water bungalow (having confirmed beforehand that this was a plat. ug). After much (polite) questioning of why there were such rooms available for booking, etc. eventually they "found" one. That said it was nice but not much above much lower priced and rated islands I have previously visited. It was VERY small and lacking many items (there was a coffee press but no coffee - it took three or four calls (mostly I think b/c of language problems) to get the coffee- which no one seemed to notice was missing or supposed to be provided. It was almost funny - one person said there was no coffee press (as I was looking at it), one person brought me an empty cup - but eventually it got worked out. I won't go into what it took to get the internet to work (be persistent).
I knew there was no lounge - but was really surprised at the lack of even a piece of fruit or a complimentary soft drink. I did meet the new GM who seemed intent on improving things - so I would be interested in your experience.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K/Million Miler, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by estnet
I was not ug to an over the water bungalow (having confirmed beforehand that this was a plat. ug). After much (polite) questioning of why there were such rooms available for booking, etc. eventually they "found" one.
I just received an email response from the reservations office at the hotel stating they will only upgrade me to the "next available" room category. Can a property unilatrally restrict platinum upgrades in this way?
Old May 11, 2011, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MKE Traveler
I just received an email response from the reservations office at the hotel stating they will only upgrade me to the "next available" room category. Can a property unilatrally restrict platinum upgrades in this way?
please remember that the plat benefits allows for upgrades only to select standard suites....most properties go above this for certain guests but its not something that can be taken for granted....i don't believe overwater bungalows are part of the upgrade pool here....the property can upgrade you if they want to but they don't have to....
Old May 11, 2011, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
please remember that the plat benefits allows for upgrades only to select standard suites....most properties go above this for certain guests but its not something that can be taken for granted....i don't believe overwater bungalows are part of the upgrade pool here....the property can upgrade you if they want to but they don't have to....
So what's considered a "select standard suite" here?
Old May 11, 2011, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by silentbob1974
So what's considered a "select standard suite" here?
properties can themselves decide what would constitute a select standard suite....most places like this property do not consider premium rooms like overwater bungalows & beach villas to be part of the upgrade pool....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.