Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Charles Square, Prague, Czech Republic (Left Marriott)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Charles Square, Prague, Czech Republic (Left Marriott)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2009, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Thanks for the pics and the report. I hope over time they will improve.
Old May 11, 2009, 7:23 am

Programs: SPG PLAt, NWA PLat
CRap, I have a 5 night stay this coming july. My grilfriend has been wanting to go there so bad, when a starwood became available on points we jumped on it. Now I'm not so sure. I'll make sure I'm not in room 713 though!

You menioned that breakfast cost more than 50 euro's, I thought Prague wasn't on the euro until next year?
Old May 11, 2009, 7:38 am

Thanks for the review. Definitely a less than perfect experience.
Old May 11, 2009, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Originally Posted by car_guy1
CRap, I have a 5 night stay this coming july. My grilfriend has been wanting to go there so bad, when a starwood became available on points we jumped on it. Now I'm not so sure. I'll make sure I'm not in room 713 though!

You menioned that breakfast cost more than 50 euro's, I thought Prague wasn't on the euro until next year?
Room 713 is a Premium suite, so a small change they will give it on points I guess. The breakfast is 24euro when you order roomservice. Ofcourse the Tsjech Republic is not into the euro yet! But in euros everyone knows how much I had to pay...

Perhaps the situation has been improved when you travel to Prague in July! But be aware Prague is very, very touristic and crowded in the summermonths. this is Highseason. Even now in May, it was very crowded and touristic!
Old May 11, 2009, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by chanp
Thanks for the pics and the report. I hope over time they will improve.
You're welcome! I did contact Starwood concerning my experience in this Starwood hotel however! So there will be a chance they will change for the better....!
Old May 12, 2009, 9:44 am

Some pretty disappointing reviews. We're going in a few weeks, I'll update where possible.

You mentioned the hotel was 10-15 minutes walk from Charles Square- the map seems to show them right in Charles Square- did you mean it's a 10-15 minute walk from Old Town Sqaure (which is where all the toursity things are that you'd want to do)?
Old May 12, 2009, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: GGL
Merge with master thread

There is a master thread already for this hotel so maybe the moderator can merge.

I stayed couple days in March/April just after it opened and thought it was really good. Liked the lounge, liked my room a lot, but dont know what sort of suite it was. I did have two massive plasma tv's though, one in living and one in bedroom. Massive bathroom. The hotel is in an old building, so yes the corridors are not all straight, but that gives it a bit more charm than Hilton. I would only stay in Hilton if have meeting next door.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; May 13, 2009 at 5:30 pm Reason: Now merged with referenced master thread
Old May 12, 2009, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by CactusChowdah
Some pretty disappointing reviews. We're going in a few weeks, I'll update where possible.

You mentioned the hotel was 10-15 minutes walk from Charles Square- the map seems to show them right in Charles Square- did you mean it's a 10-15 minute walk from Old Town Sqaure (which is where all the toursity things are that you'd want to do)?
The hotel is Not right in Charles Square, it is located in a busy street, Zitna. To walk to the Old Town Square, astronomical clock etc. will take you more time.

Perhaps in time the hotel will improve. Or perhaps I was not lucky during my stay. Though FT couscous seemed to have a similar experience..
Old May 12, 2009, 3:52 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott, Hertz #1 Club
The Hotel is about 50 yards away from Charles Square. It is a 5-10 minute (5 for me) walk to the old town square.

My stay at the Sheraton in early April was a bit hit and miss. I did not post my review because I wanted to give it another shot later this month. The way the minuses read it sounds like I was not happy with the stay, but I am still rooting for them!

The plusses:
*The staff seemes very friendly and helpful
*The concierge was also very helpful
*The room was nice and modern - although a little small.
*The bathroom was big with a nice tub and a great separate standalone shower with the rainwater faucet and good water pressure.
*The lounge was a big perk with breakfast, snacks throughout the day, a coffee/expresso/machiatto machine and a refrigerator full of beer, soda and water
*The lounge for some may be small, but it was relatively empty and I liked it - and the staff members there were great.
*In addition to Sheraton Link, the staff in the lounge gave multiple free 30 minute internet connections for use on the lounge computer as well as my wireless.
*Although not in the thick of the touristy area which it does not promise, it is an easy enough walk to Wenceslav or Old Town Square.
*There is definitely character in the old buildings from which they created the hotel.

The minuses:
The service was friendly and they tried - but they seemed to still be getting there things together because of the opening in March.
*There were some service lapses that I would hope will improve with time: I was told a DVD player would be available and it had not yet been acquired by the hotel, a wakeup call was missed, one day housecleaning did not come and that needed two calls to be rectified, and the adapter plugs they had were ALL broken and when they found out they did not go get ones that worked.
*The SPG aspects did not work well for me:
*I was not upgraded to a Jr. suite even though there was availability each day I checked (and asked the front desk) - I know not an entitlement but left me wondering. Otherwise the regular rooms will offer no view and little light because the building is about 6 floors high.
*the front desk was confused on checkout in the way they were able to get the bill correct - this meant that I did not get points for the prepaid part of my stay and I did not receive night credits for the Q1 award - overall 3,000 points I am without and have been spending my time to try to get back (and still have not).
Old May 12, 2009, 4:08 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Rusty65
...*the front desk was confused on checkout in the way they were able to get the bill correct - this meant that I did not get points for the prepaid part of my stay and I did not receive night credits for the Q1 award - overall 3,000 points I am without and have been spending my time to try to get back (and still have not).
If you have a bill for this stay, you could ask Program Services to post it by faxing it to 519-633-8557 for their review.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old May 12, 2009, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Rusty65
The Hotel is about 50 yards away from Charles Square. It is a 5-10 minute (5 for me) walk to the old town square.
Wow, you must have walked on "Dorothy's slippers": in 5 minutes to the old town square! Only if I would run and run .. wearing my Puma sporting shoes I would get in 5 minutes from the hotel to the Charles Square..... Or perhaps I should have clicked my heels as Dorothy did..

Furthermore, while I visited the Clublounge no food or snacks were available. Only the coffeemachine.

I have seen many Starwood clublounges around the world but this one striked me as very smallish, uncomfortable. It felt very empty, nobody was here. I did notice a nice terrace, but without chairs.
I guess we can have all our own experiences. I must say I only visited the Clublounge once.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; May 12, 2009 at 7:18 pm Reason: fixed ubb coding for quote
Old May 12, 2009, 7:27 pm

Programs: legions, foreign and domestic
Maybe OP was confusing Staromestske Namesti (Old Town Square) with Karlovo Namesti (Charles Square). The front door to the hotel is indeed about 40m from Karlovo Namesti, which is more like a park than a european-style square.

Staromestske Namesti is about 1km from the hotel, so a 5-10 minute walk would be reasonable for that distance (if you know your way and/or can navigate the warren-like streets).

Vacklavske Namesti (Wencesles Sq.), the more modern, shopping area, is about 400m away.

Karlovo Namesti is a major transportation hub in Prague, with a Metro station and a tram stop serving nine tram lines (3, 4, 6, 10, 14, 16, 18, 22, and 24).
Old May 13, 2009, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by inyourvillages
Staromestske Namesti is about 1km from the hotel, so a 5-10 minute walk would be reasonable for that distance (if you know your way and/or can navigate the warren-like streets).
Well,the Staromeske Namesti seemed to be much further away than 5 ! - 10min. Ofcourse I did not know my way and yes it could be hard to navigate the many small streets. when visiting Prague for the first time.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; May 13, 2009 at 8:11 am Reason: fixed quote coding
Old May 13, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: legions, foreign and domestic
I know, the Old Town area is really disorienting for most people, even people who live there. Many times I have set out for a point, walk for 10 minutes, and realize that I'm only 100m from where I started.

I hope you found the city more enjoyable than the hotel stay. There are always tourists in Prague...more so in the middle of summer, much like Amsterdam in my experience.
Old May 13, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott, Hertz #1 Club
10 minutes may be more accurate to the old town square now that I recall. The 5 minutes I was thinking was to the Tesco that is still 200 meters short of the Old Town square through some winding streets - which to me begins the interesting part of the old town if not the square itself.

In addition to the 0800-2300 availability of the coffee machine, fresh fruit and full refrigerator:

There was breakfast in the lounge in the morning - breads (butter/jelly), juice, sliced meats and cheeses, sausage, bacon, potatoes and cooked tomatoes. The same each day. Their was a staff person who offered to take the egg orders.

In the afternoon there were cold appetizers - cakes, and bite sized appetizers. I saw this on 2 or 3 days.

In the evening, there were hot appetizers added to the mix - chicken skewers, some pork and bread combination. I only went once for this,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.