Wiki Posts
Search

Pics of an aloft Suite...yes a SUITE!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Pics of an aloft Suite...yes a SUITE!

I was just browsing Tripadvisor.com when I came across 8 pics of a suite at the aloft in Minneapolis...yes a suite! Since there have been past discussions of IF the aloft properties even had suites I figured I would post about the review here so those interested could check out the pics. With this info, make sure to request your Platinum Suite upgrade on your next stay!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Minnesota.html

The bedroom and bath part look like all the rest but there is a large living room area that kind of has a cave like feel to it with funky furniture.

Last edited by christianj; Nov 12, 2008 at 12:18 pm
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:16 pm

I like
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:32 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
I was there about two weeks ago and was told (as a *wood Plat) that they do not have Suites and only offer a single type of rooms... great
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
It doesn't look like a suite to me. Looks like a bed in the middle of the room. Am I missing something?
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by gozetta
It doesn't look like a suite to me. Looks like a bed in the middle of the room. Am I missing something?
I think you must be looking at the pics at the top of the page under the "hotel photos" link. You need to scroll half way down the review page and on the right hand side of the page you will see a section with 8 photos labeled "traveler photos and videos" right next to the first traveler review. When you click on the pics it will open a larger version of the pics that show the suite.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
You're right. Found 'em. Looks like a bachelor pad, not really my style. The dining set looks like patio furniture. Minimalist for sure. The couch and chairs look cool though. I'm more of a St. Regis kind of guy
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:06 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by berlinflyer
I was there about two weeks ago and was told (as a *wood Plat) that they do not have Suites and only offer a single type of rooms... great
Upgrades to suites, even if they exist, are not a Platinum member benefit at either aloft or Element hotels.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Be careful

I booked/paid for that suite, but when I arrived to check-in was told its "not available" and was under construction. The photos look like the suite has been finished, but I'd caution everyone here to contact the GM of aLoft Minneapolis directly if you'd like to book it.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Upgrades to suites, even if they exist, are not a Platinum member benefit at either aloft or Element hotels.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
William-what upgrades(if any)will plats get at Element?
I know Aloft has(for the most part)one type of room throughout the property but Element will have several styles/levels of rooms.
I have a ressie at the Summerlin property opening week-what can I expect?
I am pretty excited about the new brand.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 2:03 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
William-what upgrades(if any)will plats get at Element?
None. Both aloft and Element-branded hotels are exempt from having to offer any complimentary upgrades based upon elite status in SPG. That was added to the Terms and Conditions of Membership in SPG before the first aloft opened.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Nov 12, 2008, 2:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
None. Both aloft and Element-branded hotels are exempt from having to offer any complimentary upgrades based upon elite status in SPG. That was added to the Terms and Conditions of Membership in SPG before the first aloft opened.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Now where is the fun in that? How am I supposed to feel superior if I don't get a better room than Ma and Pa Kettle.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 4:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwoods
Looks cool and fresh. I like it!
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:11 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
By not offering upgrade, SPG is just telling elites to choose other brands over these 2 new ones which they are able to fill with non-elites. We should just all follow that.

Originally Posted by Score8
Now where is the fun in that? How am I supposed to feel superior if I don't get a better room than Ma and Pa Kettle.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 11:38 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by jimmychang
By not offering upgrade, SPG is just telling elites to choose other brands over these 2 new ones which they are able to fill with non-elites. We should just all follow that.
THANK YOU

I am in Frisco, TX, at a Homewood Suites looking at the aLoft, was slightly disappointed, but not so much anymore.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by jimmychang
It really doesn't make any sense. Why not to have the same upgrade benefits as other SPG brands especially considering the lower PLT amenity that already "penalizes" aLoft stays?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.