Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SLS at Beverly Hills, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SLS at Beverly Hills, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2009, 4:57 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
File a complaint to Customer Care. I got 500 points for doing so. I think if enough platinums complain, they will take it more seriously b/c complaints will cost them a lot more than a fruit plate or chocolate.

Originally Posted by larabecker

Do I have to mention that no Platinum amenity was offered? I haven't asked yet - I really don't want to deal with the front desk.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 5:37 pm
Community Director Emerita

Unfortunately, I don't believe we are entitled to a 500 point amenity here. I've just checked, and SLS is part of the Luxury Collection. According to Starwood Lurker, we get a locally chosen amenity:

North American Division
The Luxury Collection & St. Regis – Locally-selected property amenity*
*notable exceptions are The Palace Hotel, San Francisco and the St. Regis Houston where 500 Starpoints is offered as an alternative to the locally-selected property amenity.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ty-thread.html

And from an earlier post in this thread:

Originally Posted by SportsTech
" in the Platinum Amenity 500 starpoint option". Per the email I just got from SPG Customer Service. Nor does it provide any other welcome amenity, although one poster said they got a fruit plate when they asked for it. I don't remember not getting an amenity at any LC hotel in Europe or even San Francisco, but forewarned is forearmed: go elsewhere if this annoys you.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 5:39 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
That's correct but CS offered me 500 points as the compensation for not receving whatever local amenity SLS should have provided me during my stay.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Unfortunately, I don't believe we are entitled to a 500 point amenity here. I've just checked, and SLS is part of the Luxury Collection. According to Starwood Lurker, we get a locally chosen amenity:

North American Division
The Luxury Collection & St. Regis – Locally-selected property amenity*
*notable exceptions are The Palace Hotel, San Francisco and the St. Regis Houston where 500 Starpoints is offered as an alternative to the locally-selected property amenity.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ty-thread.html
Old Jul 27, 2009, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
there are 2 top suites, rack $2500 and $5000

unless they renovated? there is nothing between signature/whatever and those
Actually Kag, there are 5 SLS (aka Luxury on *W site) suites with 1,150 sq ft of space, other than the Pres suites. There are 27 Signature Suites and 3 Balcony (aka Premier) Suites (both ~700 sq ft). All this is according to the slshotels.com website.

Having stayed at the hotel this past weekend in a Signature Suite (booked paid stay) with a large outdoor patio on second floor. Needed the space for a small party. Plat status recognized at check in by friendly front desk individual. Was asked at desk if I wanted 4pm late checkout - terrific as I needed it to get over the hangover and to clean up.

Upgrades to Luxury Suite are not standard for Plats...besides they were all booked up anyways. Reg Signature Suites are the standard upgrade for Plats per inquiry. A unique small fruit platter and cone-shaped bottle of Evian is the welcome amentiy I received.

People really ought to do a little research before booking this hotel. It's not a REGULAR hotel. It's modern and more hip than most W's, of which I've been to several. Semi-dark interiors is to be expected (no more dark than many W's).

Some peculiar funky room observations: 2 sliding mirror doors to bathroom (one in front of sink where others can peek into from if not carefully guarded), closets that can be misconstrued as a Roman mausoleum and white leather upholstery that'll never last long unstained.

Concierge was great to work with, particulary Casey.

All in all, my guests and I enjoyed the SLS but security was a real drag/major buzz kill. Some of you might appreciate that
Old Jul 27, 2009, 7:01 pm
Community Director Emerita

There was a glowing write up on the hotel in yesterday's New York Times.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

when i called SLS originally they called them "luxury suites" as well. i guess its one of those different names in different places routines.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10812770-post5.html
Old Aug 7, 2009, 12:24 pm

is there a cheaper parking alternative around this property?

came across some website on google mentioning that there is free street parking in the residential area behind the hotel. anyone can confirm this?
Old Aug 7, 2009, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
There might be some free parking after 6/all day Sunday but that would be it.
Most of the residential parking is permit only.
Getting your car out of tow is going to cast a heck of a lot more than valet.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by bradcc
is there a cheaper parking alternative around this property?

came across some website on google mentioning that there is free street parking in the residential area behind the hotel. anyone can confirm this?
I parked behind the SLS last week (on s. le deux bet. colgate and clifton), and no ticket.

IIRC, 2-hour parking from 8 until midnight (exclusive of street cleaning hours posted). I arrived just about midnight, and departed 9:30am.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...h&z=16&iwloc=A
Old Aug 8, 2009, 5:29 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
when i called SLS originally they called them "luxury suites" as well. i guess its one of those different names in different places routines.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10812770-post5.html
Slshotels.com still calls them luxury suites. I guess the difference is that luxury suites refers to luxurious suites and is used for all suites types whereas Luxury Suites can also mean a certain type of suite within the 61 luxury suites.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Staying here Saturday night!

oooooo so excited!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I don't know if people follow the Starpicks thread, but the SLS now has Starpicks rates at $279. The date in particular I saw this for was this coming Sunday, but there should be plenty of others. The W also has Starpicks at $199.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:38 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy
I don't know if people follow the Starpicks thread, but the SLS now has Starpicks rates at $279. The date in particular I saw this for was this coming Sunday, but there should be plenty of others. The W also has Starpicks at $199.
Many company rates have rooms for less than $250 and suites for not much more than $310. Maybe even some cheaper ones out there.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Many company rates have rooms for less than $250 and suites for not much more than $310. Maybe even some cheaper ones out there.
Many? I have checked with some of the largest companies out there that have great rates with Starwood, and I sure don't see $250 at the SLS? Maybe the movie studios? But not many.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 9:43 am

The SLS was featured in "Top Chef Masters" wednesday night, on Bravo. Unfortunately, they only showed a brief outside view, and then somewhere outdoors. Not sure if that's enough for a good buzz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.