Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

CLOSED 14Dec16 [BANKRUPT/IN RECEIVERSHIP] Sheraton Brussels, Belgium [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Following the bankruptcy of SBH SPRL, the operator of the Sheraton Brussels Hotel, the property has been forced to close. The hotel will close as of 12 noon on 14th December 2016.
Print Wikipost

CLOSED 14Dec16 [BANKRUPT/IN RECEIVERSHIP] Sheraton Brussels, Belgium [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by skrosvik
Hmm, interesting. I will try out the breakfast in the main restaurant next month. How does it compare to the offerings in the club lounge? Hehe...
Huge buffet with eggs and hot dishes vs. small continental offering in the lounge....
Old Sep 27, 2011, 5:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
BF in the club lounge is Euro 26,50 for all non-registered guests...

The suites have relatively old-fashioned LCD screens ( between 32 and 40/42 inch )
Old Oct 19, 2011, 4:18 pm

Personal wake up call from the Hotel GM!

During a recent stay, we attended the monthly hotel GM's cocktail reception on the 25th floor Club Lounge.

According to the hotel GM, he has spent 11 years with Starwood, and the last year as the Sheraton Brussels GM. He is outgoing, personable and responsive to customer needs.

As I've stayed at this hotel several times over the years, here's what I mentioned to the GM:

- Thanked the GM for hosting the reception and taking the time to hear from his hotel customers first hand. Thought this was a nice touch!

- Mentioned that in all the years of staying at this hotel, I never once received a suite upgrade. I have however, generally received a Club Floor room upgrade and faced Place Rogier.

- Mentioned that evening Club Lounge fare was at its best say 10 years ago, then went into serious decline a few years ago, and is now pulling back up.

- Missed the 25th floor receptionist and separate 25th floor check in which has since been closed due to cutbacks. The GM mentioned he would like to reinstate this service.

- That this time housekeeping was not all on the ball, with several items missing. Such as one pair of slippers and robe for 2 person stay, one bar of soap, missing do not disturb room sign, uncleaned portions of the room, etc. Shortly after our chat, when we returned to our room, we noticed these items were doubled. Quick response!

- Mentioned the need for better room lighting (I always have to ask for another floor lamp) and for a power strip for laptops, mobiles, etc. These two items are relatively cheap to provide.

- Mrs Globehopper mentioned the sandpaper roughness of the bath towels.

- Asked if the hotel still had the reciprocal agreement with the Airport Sheraton whereby customers of the Sheraton Brussels could avail themselves of the Airport Sheraton Club Lounge on the day of their flight. This was mentioned in a Platinum letter around 10 years ago. GM had not heard of this, but thought it was a good idea and possibly worth looking into.

- Mentioned that we didn't realize the hotel wake up call came via the in room TV set startling us from a very nice deep sleep. It also took us sometime to find the TV remote control and to figure out in our groggy state how to shut off the very loud alarm--which I'm certain be heard in the next room.

The hotel GM explained that due to a new phone system, it was no longer possible to deliver wake up calls via telephone. Instead he offered to personally give me a wake up call from his home. And he did. Very impressive!

Compared to the imperious hotel GMs you find in India, this was good customer followup and attention to detail.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Globehopper, Thanks for the quality post ^
Old Dec 24, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Smile Thinking Green in the luxurious Sheraton Brussels!

Thinking Green in the luxurious Sheraton Brussels!

Pics. Sheraton Brussels 2011:
http://travel.webshots.com/myphotos?...ecurity=dWPsGZ

Recently I stayed in the Sheraton Brussels, a favorite Starwood hotel of mine. I was upgraded to a nice suite and received nice welcome amenities since we wanted to visit the Christmas market in Brussels.
It was nice gesture of the hotel and we felt very welcome, especially with the welcome card of the manager.

The suite was as always spacious with warm colors and a large Philips flatsquare tv. Our stay was almost perfect. A high and friendly level of service, a comfortable accommodation with a great view, a coffeemachine and watercooker and a small supply of instant coffee, tea and sugar, all Fair Trade! A comfy Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and a Blue Bathroom. Though we liked the interior of the bathroom much more compared to the bathrooms we had before, the bathtub is still too small. Still I had a very relaxing bath. The bathroom offered a wide range of bahtamenities, including a comb and shavingset.

We enjoyed the Winterpret ( Winterpleasure) presents and I liked the taste of the Timmermans beer.
We appreciated the high quality of the musicplayer, the Sony radio, very much and used it frequently.

We noticed the Clublounge had been impoved. I liked the comfortable seats for relaxing during the breakfast or eveningdrinks.
During the evening I was happy to notice I could make a choice between two red wines. Beside the usual Norton wine, this time a biological wine was offered. It appeared to be a fine wine and I enjoyed it very much.
The lounge offered more selections of snacks this time and we enjoyed it! The butlers offered excellent and friendly service. We noticed it was busy in the Clublounge and we could imagine this since it has so much to offer! My friend noticed no female butlers are serving in the clublounge, we have never noticed this the last years. She told me she would prefer if a female butler would give service too. Many years ago, with the reception in the Clublounge open, I have noticed female butlers, but I am not sure if they were the receptionists!
My friend asked for hot water in the lounge, it was served in the thermo/coffee jar. When she wanted to use the water, the water was slightly brown of the coffee which used to be in the jar. She did not want to drink it anymore.
In the suite we missed some cushion on the seating. The couch and seats are very deep and one needs a cushion to support the back
The cushions of the bed appeared to be very soft and they did not support the head comfortably. I missed the Sheraton Brand cushion on the bed and we always liked the configuration of cushions the old way. Not stapled on eachother ( horizontal) but we like them vertical as it used to be for many years. In front of it the cushion with the S of the Sheraton Brand…
The t.v. in the bedroom did not show any tv channels, we did regret we could not watch tv in the bedroom.
The suite offered a kitchenette, however my friend missed a kitchentowel.

In the lobby area we noticed the Thinking Green area. It is great the Sheraton Brussels is taking steps to a better way of Thinking Green and is using Fair Trade products, for a better “Mother Nature”.
The showcase in the lobby was impressive, but I could imagine it can be displayed in a more stylish / modern way!

We had a great comfortable weekend in the luxurious Sheraton Brussels and already looking forward to come back!

Pics. Sheraton Brussels 2011:
http://travel.webshots.com/myphotos?...ecurity=dWPsGZ
Old Dec 25, 2011, 4:42 am

[QUOTE I was upgraded to a nice suite and received nice welcome amenities since we wanted to visit the Christmas market in Brussels.
QUOTE]

Nice gesture, but frankly speaking, I prefer the exec rooms. The suite look and are sooooooo old
Old Jan 8, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Breakfast price

It is much cheaper (almost 2x) for the dates I need than Hilton or Conrad. I don't have status with SPG so I will get what I'll pay for. How much is breakfast in Sheraton Brussels?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by dabee69
How much is breakfast in Sheraton Brussels?
26,50 €....and not worth it
Old May 27, 2012, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I want to take a train from BRU to the Sheraton. Do I take a train to Nord Startion or Rogier Station?

TIA
Old May 27, 2012, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I want to take a train from BRU to the Sheraton. Do I take a train to Nord Startion or Rogier Station?
TIA
Gare du Nord. Place Rogier isn't a train station but for metro and tram. If you wish you can take the underground tram from Nord to Rogier but you are probably faster by walking.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Take the train to Brussels-Nord, then look for the exit that takes you to Place Rogier, walk outside and you will see the big "S" on top of the 28 story hotel about 300 meters ahead.
Old May 28, 2012, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Thanks. Found it. Super easy to get here.

First room I was given looked like a standard room with a nice view of a wall even though my room key folder said I was upgraded. I'm only here for one night, so I wasn't going to complain.

No wifi in the room, and no outlets on the desk. I always love it when I have to crawl under a desk to unplug a lamp so I can plug in my PC.

Internet in the room was absolutely awful. Kept cutting out, so after 15 mins, I broke down and asked for another room. Much bigger room this time with a better view (facing the Hilton). And the internet works in this room.

Honestly, based on the first room they gave me, I would never want to come back here.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
question for plats who have stayed here recently....how is this property handling the free breakfast issue for plats????is it going to be a choice between the 500 points & breakfast or do plats get free breakfast here in any case????also, is the free breakfast restricted to the lounge or is it available in the restaurant????
Old Jun 12, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Keyser
question for plats who have stayed here recently....how is this property handling the free breakfast issue for plats????is it going to be a choice between the 500 points & breakfast or do plats get free breakfast here in any case????also, is the free breakfast restricted to the lounge or is it available in the restaurant????
I was there in February and was given 500 points and breakfast, only in the lounge. At check-in the obviously new front desk employeed said I could have breakfast in either the lounge or restaurant, but another agent heard her say that and ran over to her saying "lounge only!", "lounge only!".
Old Jun 12, 2012, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by puchalskir
I was there in February and was given 500 points and breakfast, only in the lounge. At check-in the obviously new front desk employeed said I could have breakfast in either the lounge or restaurant, but another agent heard her say that and ran over to her saying "lounge only!", "lounge only!".
sucks....i wonder if they offer a buy up to the full breakfast in the restaurant....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.