Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

CLOSED 14Dec16 [BANKRUPT/IN RECEIVERSHIP] Sheraton Brussels, Belgium [Master Thread]

Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Following the bankruptcy of SBH SPRL, the operator of the Sheraton Brussels Hotel, the property has been forced to close. The hotel will close as of 12 noon on 14th December 2016.
Print Wikipost

CLOSED 14Dec16 [BANKRUPT/IN RECEIVERSHIP] Sheraton Brussels, Belgium [Master Thread]

Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by puchalskir
I was there in February and was given 500 points and breakfast, only in the lounge. At check-in the obviously new front desk employeed said I could have breakfast in either the lounge or restaurant, but another agent heard her say that and ran over to her saying "lounge only!", "lounge only!".
I was at this property for two nights last about 2 years back. We were told on check in that we could have breakfast at either... so we chose the restaurant as it had more choices. On check-out we were told that we had no rights toi do that but they would let it go this time.

You would think they would have decided what their policy is by now.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:05 pm

Going again to Brussels. Only Four Points is within my hotel "allowance" (Aloft is close), but I'm thinking about paying difference for Sheraton from wages. Only amenity that interests me is fitness center. (The one at the Four Points is tiny, and the one in the Aloft is in the basement; neither is very appealing) Can anyone confirm the opening hours of the fitness center at the Sheraton? My work hours will be very long, so only 2:00AM-3:00AM works for me. (Four Ponts and Aloft are both 24 hours, so, if need be...)

Or does anyone have an e-mail address for the hotel? The odd-looking address on the website ([email protected]) returned my e-mail.

Thank you all for many useful reviews!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Le Meridien vs. Sheraton

I recently spent one night each at the Sheraton and hen Le Meridien Brussels. The Sheraton rate was quite a bit lower on a Friday night, but even Le Meridien was only 129 euros.

Hand down, Le Meridien is much nicer. If rates are reasonable, I'd go with Le Meridien next time.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by CIT85
I recently spent one night each at the Sheraton and hen Le Meridien Brussels. The Sheraton rate was quite a bit lower on a Friday night, but even Le Meridien was only 129 euros.

Hand down, Le Meridien is much nicer. If rates are reasonable, I'd go with Le Meridien next time.
I've only stayed at the Sheraton, both times I was there the rates were lower and everything is in relative walking distance (if you like to walk ). I have to agree that Le Meridien is in a more convenient location ... to both the central station and to Grand Platz/king's palace.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just finishing a 3 night stay here....booked 3 nights on beatthetimer for €71 a night & got an upgrade to a one bedroom apartment suite....i chose the 500 points as my amenity so breakfast was restricted to the lounge....there were enough choices available so no complaints....location is very good & we were able to walk to pretty much anywhere we wanted to go....would definitely stay here again during my next trip....
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:02 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Does anyone have the current lounge-hours for the Sheraton Brussels? I will be arriving at the hotel Friday evening around 10pm - will the lounge still be open at that time? Also what are the lounge's breakfast-hours? Stay there on my way to catch a transatlantic flight out of BRU...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by djohannw
Does anyone have the current lounge-hours for the Sheraton Brussels? I will be arriving at the hotel Friday evening around 10pm - will the lounge still be open at that time? Also what are the lounge's breakfast-hours? Stay there on my way to catch a transatlantic flight out of BRU...

Greetings - Dirk
The club is currently closed for renovation. It will reopen, when most of the EU business is picking up again, on January 21.

Platinum guests will be given vouchers for the bar and will have access to the full breakfast buffet downstairs.

In the evening, they serve food from 6-8, however just one hot dish, some olives and veggies. Be warned that the quality is even inferior to club lounges in the US

The lounge might be open until 10, however you only get soft drinks, beer & wine anyway, actually a waste of time to go up to the lounge, even if you make it.

The club breakfast is very solid with a wide spread of quality food, on par with a typical lounge breakfast in Europe.

There is a Delhaize in the same building and a Carrefour Express right across the street as well as a Pizza Hut and some ethnic food outlets, which should be open late.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 1:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by FD1971
The club is currently closed for renovation.
Does anybody know when the Sheraton will begin renovation of the rooms ?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Originally Posted by geilux
Does anybody know when the Sheraton will begin renovation of the rooms ?
They told me March, if they get funding approval. It needs it...
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
I stayed in this hotel last week. It was not a positive experience. I was booked in a so-called deluxe (diplomat, or something equally banal) suite, which is a single room with a divider between the living and sleeping parts. The room size was quite large and had a kitchenette and large (but very badly designed) bathroom, but the decor was old and tired (think Ikea) and the staff were particularly clueless. They messed up a wake-up call (never received) and gave me an upset stomach with the room service (not to say bringing the wrong food). I'm particularly annoyed as the hotel told me and my Starwood Ambassador that the living room was a different room, which I needed for a meeting. They also charged me 75 for a car to pick me up from the airport, which is extortionate. Thankfully I wasn't paying personally...

So this week I decided to stay in the Le Meridien and was not particularly impressed either. With the Conrad leaving the Hilton group, and the Hilton Brussels not being much good (for years it was the poor brother of the Conrad, so Hilton spent nothing on it), I'm on the lookout for a good alternative.

Any ideas?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I agree on some of the things you point out:

- extremely outdated decor in the suites
- surly service in the club lounge
- bad room service food (found a date tag in my half grilled/frozen fish once - and expiry date was several months prior to this)

But - IMO I stay here only during weekends, and then the rates are very low. I think the low rates and plat benefits (as a whole) outweights the poor points. If I were to pay 200 EUR plus at the Sheraton then I think I would go somewhere else. Personally I like the Amigo and the Le Meridien. Like we say in Norwegian: "smaken er som baken".
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by d'Yquem
Any ideas?
You get what you pay for. The Sofitel is quite nice as long as you go up a level from the basic room, but it's more expensive than the Sheraton.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:15 am
ESC

Programs: AC S100K
We stayed here for 2 nights in late Feb 2013, and were upgraded to a club room. We were given the 500-point plat amenity, as well as a choice of breakfast either in the lounge or the full buffet in the restaurant. We chose the restaurant.

The decor might not be the most modern, but we didn't have a problem with the service or the lounge offering.

The hotel is also above a key interchange metro and tram stop (Rogier), so it was easy to get around Brussels.

We took the Thalys train from Paris, which stops at Gare du Midi (south of the hotel), and the people at the Information desk there told us that we could take any other train (free) to Gare du Nord. We walked to the hotel from Gare du Nord. (We could have also transferred at Gare du Midi to the metro, but it was easier to take the other free train.)

All in all, a solid stay.
Old May 11, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by d'Yquem
So this week I decided to stay in the Le Meridien and was not particularly impressed either.
I am curious as to why you were not impressed by Le Meridien? My wife and I stayed two years back for a few nights and greatly enjoyed the hotel. Our room was huge, nicely furnished and had a great view. We liked the breakfast and for us the location was excellent.
Old May 11, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
I had a good stay here recently. I was upgraded on the weekend to a huge suite with a separate living room, kitchenette, and 1.5 bathrooms. Very large, comfortable room. The club lounge was good - large selection for breakfast (though I don't think there were "hot" entrees but you could put a waffle through the toaster to make a "hot" dish if you wanted). Not much selection in the evening at the lounge, but there were free drinks. Took the train from the airport and walked from Noord station - very easy as others have mentioned.

It wasn't a particularly modern or visually striking hotel but it was perfectly fine and a very good value. Easy walk to the center of the city.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.