Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Edina Minnesota [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Edina Minnesota [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC the bathtubs in at least some of their nonsuite rooms are pretty good. I think I've had regular club level rooms and a deluxe room on the club fllor as well as two different suites here, but I can't recall a regular room on a regular floor. YMMV.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Friendly note on this property - over 300 nights in the past 3.5 years, nearly 100 SPG properties, this is the only one to ask for credentials on the corporate rate I used in booking
Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Friendly note on this property - over 300 nights in the past 3.5 years, nearly 100 SPG properties, this is the only one to ask for credentials on the corporate rate I used in booking
Good for them. Too many people try to cheat by booking rates that they are not entitled to use. If I remember which rate was booked, I make a point of offering my credentials at check in, but many agents don't seem to care.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:23 pm

Had the opportunity to stay at the Westin Edina. I had a prepaid room through the Hot Escapes rate from a few weeks ago. I went in with minimal expectations as a preferred member, but I was automatically upgraded to a club floor room for the night.

The staff was terrific all over the hotel, from the front desk to club lounge. We were immediately and politely greeted at the front desk. The lounge staff for breakfast was incredibly attentive and helpful.

The both the room and the overall building were clean and well maintained. Whatever fragrance they are using as an air freshener smells great. I looked around the workout/pool area of the hotel, but did not use the facilities. The fitness equipment was plentiful and top of the line. From the appearance of the setup, it was well designed facility.

The continental breakfast in the lounge was great. There was something for everyone and the food was delicious and plentiful.

Looking forward to another visit in the future.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, DM Silver, RR, AA, US, BA
Received nice Upgrade

Our connecting flight was cancelled at MSP last Friday, so my wife and I decided to spend the night at the Westin Edina Galleria. We booked the room online at about 5pm and promptly called the hotel and explained we were stranded for the night, I'm a platinum member, and could they please upgrade us. The front desk agent said sure he could give us a "KING SUITE". I was expecting a slightly larger room with a small sitting area.

Instead, they gave us an 1124 sq ft suite with 2 bathrooms, dining room, living room and a wet bar. This is one of the nicer upgrades I've received as a Plat!

All the staff was very friendly, the lounge was great and the food at Mc Cormick and Schmick's in the lobby was excellent!

Great hotel. I'll be back!
Old May 27, 2014, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Overall grade: A

Just stayed over Memorial Day weekend and had a lovely stay. And I heard a rumor that the GM reads these boards, so big thumbs up. We'll be booking our return trip for next year shortly.

Ended up with the corner suite next to the lounge and an attached regular room for our kids. Suite was enormous, with the aforementioned Bose and television products. Nice for when your kids need an afternoon breather. Bathroom was great, huge soaking tub in the suite. Plenty of amenities to go around.

The lounge was quite nice and had pretty much everything we needed. During the day, it just had beverages, but the evening had fruit/veggie/cheese platter and one hot item. Breakfast was cereal, pastries, tons of fruit, etc. Healthy eaters will be happy to know that there were some good options and, even though we are in General Mills country, there were plenty of Kashi cereals and oatmeals.

Staff was excellent all around. Service Express actually picked up the phone and everyone went out of their way to please.

There's a pool on the ground floor which was moderately busy when we went. You're probably not going to be able to swim laps, but if you just want a dip, you're in good shape.

Wireless was about average for hotel properties. It got slow occasionally but, overall, was decent.

Not much to add to the above reviews other than to say that this is our new favorite property in the Minneapolis area.

Mike
Old May 27, 2014, 8:26 pm

On my last stay here (for a special event), I was upgraded to the club floor suite. I thought it was cool how the bathtub filled from a faucet recessed in the celing. You're apparently supposed to use it as an "infinity tub" and fill it to the very top, with the excess water running into the trough around the tub.
Old May 28, 2014, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
On my last stay here (for a special event), I was upgraded to the club floor suite. I thought it was cool how the bathtub filled from a faucet recessed in the celing. You're apparently supposed to use it as an "infinity tub" and fill it to the very top, with the excess water running into the trough around the tub.
+1

It was actually the first time in ages that I took a real bath. Couldn't get the jets to work, though.

Mike
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:57 pm

Smile Tops in Guest Experience

I've never seen this information before, but apparently this hotel is tops among all the Westins in North America. In 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2014, the property was rated #1 in guest satisfaction. [In 2013, they were No. 2.]

My source is Explore Edina: 2015 Destination Guide. There's a full-page picture and interview with the GM. He describes their guests as "discerning" which IMO is a very nice compliment and term of mutual respect.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never seen this information before, but apparently this hotel is tops among all the Westins in North America. In 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2014, the property was rated #1 in guest satisfaction. [In 2013, they were No. 2.]

My source is Explore Edina: 2015 Destination Guide. There's a full-page picture and interview with the GM. He describes their guests as "discerning" which IMO is a very nice compliment and term of mutual respect.
AFAIC, they deserve it. We have had nothing but great experiences there.

Mike
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
AFAIC, they deserve it. We have had nothing but great experiences there.

Mike
The next time you visit, look for copies of the publication featuring the interview with the GM, who has been there since when the hotel was being built in 2008. The thing is magazine sized with a glossy cover and available at the main (first floor) level concierge desk located in the middle of the (attached via an underground passageway) Galleria upscale shopping mall (with restaurants). IIRC the hotel is also placing a copy in every room.

It's amazing how good a team this hotel has managed to recruit and retain. A number of employees have been there from the beginning and are just so nice, polite, and helpful.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The next time you visit, look for copies of the publication featuring the interview with the GM, who has been there since when the hotel was being built in 2008. The thing is magazine sized with a glossy cover and available at the main (first floor) level concierge desk located in the middle of the (attached via an underground passageway) Galleria upscale shopping mall (with restaurants). IIRC the hotel is also placing a copy in every room.

It's amazing how good a team this hotel has managed to recruit and retain. A number of employees have been there from the beginning and are just so nice, polite, and helpful.
I will, thanks. We're actually going to be there in April, so I bet they'll still have them out.

Added bonus: the hotel is right next to an "Original Pancake House." One of the many things I miss from my days living in MSP.

Mike
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:14 pm

BTW, the correct name of this hotel is the Westin Edina Galleria.

Edina = (upscale) suburb where it's located, roughly directly west from MSP airport. It's approximately in-between the Four Points MSP Airport and the new Sheraton Bloomington (the former Sofitel which was reflagged as a Starwood about a year ago).

Galleria = smallest upscale indoor shopping mall connected by an underground passageway to the hotel lobby and parking garage/ramp.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BTW, the correct name of this hotel is the Westin Edina Galleria.

Edina = (upscale) suburb where it's located, roughly directly west from MSP airport. It's approximately in-between the Four Points MSP Airport and the new Sheraton Bloomington (the former Sofitel which was reflagged as a Starwood about a year ago).

Galleria = smallest upscale indoor shopping mall connected by an underground passageway to the hotel lobby and parking garage/ramp.
Didn't know about the underground passageway. Thanks!

Mike
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
Didn't know about the underground passageway. Thanks!

Mike
It's handy for restaurants, especially on the winter. AFAIK it's open 24/7, but very late at night requires a key card to get to the hotel lobby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.