Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Q4 2008 Promo - SPG You Choose

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2008, 8:47 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by JohnSIN
Booked the 'You're now earning 25,000 bonus Starpoints with every ten stays.' but the title of the email confirmation came out as 'You're Earning 25,000 Starpoints Per Every 20 Nights Through December 31, 2008.'

The body of the email relates to the correct promotion. A case of wild 'cut and paste' perhaps?

Sent to support...
Hi JohnSIN,

Thank you for notifying us.

[email protected]
Old Sep 15, 2008, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
and frankly, I'm surprised that it didn't for the Asia Mastercard promotion as well, but maybe Thyetus knows more about that one than I.
Hi all,

For the Mastercard/Asia Pacific Free Weekend Promotion, "no blackout dates" policy is not applicable.

According to the T&Cs provided, the award is "subjected to availability at time of reservation."

[email protected]
Old Sep 15, 2008, 9:21 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Just curious...when did you think the 4th quarter of the year would run?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Based on ALL of the hype and whatnot, whenever we choose
Old Sep 15, 2008, 9:59 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold, SPG, Hyatt GP
Double the Quadruple?

Ok. So I have some stays at a few aloft locations planned. Currently the promo aloft is offering is 4x the base points. If I opt for the "Double the Starpoints With No Earning Limits" does that mean I would get DOUBLE the base points that have already been QUADRUPLED (essentially 8 base points doubled to 16) or would I get the doulbed base points ADDED TO the base points that have already been quadrupled (8 base points + 4 base points, thus making 12= septupled)? I'm completely in favor of maximizing my points right now so I just need a LITTLE more clarification. I also have the a few Southeast triple point stays lined up so the same question different math.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:03 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Retroactive?

Do you have to book and stay after you choose or you can wait till 11/15 to do that and all the 10/1 to 11/15 stays will still count?

All Offers: All above listed offers are non-transferable and void for Starwood employees. Register online at SPG.com/choose by November 15, 2008.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by chrisinacton
So let me get this straight. You earn a free night at any Hyatt for every 2 qualifying stays? If so, I think I'll just switch to Hyatt for the rest of the year.
IT IS A NO BRAINER that Hyatt 2 stays get 1 free night any level any where in the world is the BEST promotion. They run it often, they run it always and don't creat any hype about it.

With all this rave and stuff would that surprise you that I have not even enrolled in Hyatt's program? They have even sent me promotional offers asking to enroll promising lots of goodies on the first few stays (including stay 2 get 1 night offer). Reason I have not bitten the bullet - they have very limited properties around the world!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by jimmychang
Do you have to book and stay after you choose or you can wait till 11/15 to do that and all the 10/1 to 11/15 stays will still count?

All Offers: All above listed offers are non-transferable and void for Starwood employees. Register online at SPG.com/choose by November 15, 2008.
Hi Jimmy,

As William have mentioned earlier,

"Every reward option but Stays/Nights Count Double(Elite Status) is retroactive as long as you register during the active registration period. Stays/Nights Count Double does not take effect until you register."

So it depends on the option you have registered for.

[email protected]
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by YuPiMSPECL
Does that mean I would get DOUBLE the base points that have already been QUADRUPLED (essentially 8 base points doubled to 16)?
This means you will only get 8 base points, (double your base points of 4) if you are a preferred member. (9 base points for elite level members). Condition: both promotions to be under the same eligibility period.

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker II; Sep 16, 2008 at 1:10 am
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:57 am

20 Nights

William, I have a question on what constitutes a night. If I make a reservation for Saturday night but don't check in until 6am Sunday morning and I pay for the Saturday night (i.e. I flew a red eye and wanted to be able to check in early and was willing to pay for the night) does that count as a night? To me the obvious answer is yes since I paid for Saturday night even though I didn't check in until Sunday morning. However, I did this once with Marriott and since I didn't check in by midnight it did not count as a night. Thus, I had to pay but got no credit.

I actually have this coming up soon in two scenarios-early check in after a flight to South America where I am paying for the previous night as described above and check out late at night (i.e. 10pm) due to a late flight where I am paying for the extra night as well.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, I think the promotion is a good one as it has something for everyone. I will probably choose the 25,000 points for 20 nights.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Wow Starwood. Thanks for making my brain hurt this morning (got to complain about something, right?). Sooooo many choices! Like others who have already passed 25 stays this year, I think I'll take the double points. ^
Old Sep 16, 2008, 1:14 am

Boy, this promotion has a lot of potential but is very difficult to choose...

For me, logging 40 stays or even 12 stays during the Q4 (had it been Q1, then I have done 16 stays this year in Q1 ) is almost impossible and I refuse to hotel hop just for this promotion.

Guranteed earning from this promotion seems like 2 stays 2000 points but has such a low?! earning potential @ only 10000 points.

If someone is going to log around 10 stays (just from the stays perspective), weekend free nights (2x4 stays) would be most beneficial when these awards are spent at a Cat 5 hotel as it would at least equate to 40000 SPG points for the four weekend nights (of course, this is not a good use when used at lower cat. hotels). Another downside to this freeweekend option is the limitations in redeeming only for a consecutive weekend nights (I don't think one can do a two separate one night stays when earning one free weekend nghts award) and redemption period. This makes me realize how good FFN promo at Hyatt is!!!

Given that I usually redeem hotel points within six month period, I am leaning towards the free weekend nights. This will allow me to make nice weekend travels to places like Japan, China, Seoul (I live in Korea), or nearby locations where they have Cat. 5 hotels.

It's really too bad this promotion isn't starting NOW... as I am heading to India as I write this post for a six stay 16 night work travel!!!

I am done with PLAT requal so that eliminates double stays/nights options...
Old Sep 16, 2008, 1:21 am

Double Points?

How do you calculate this for a Plat or Gold?

1 dollar earns 2 points for regular member

Plats and Gold earn 3 points.

Does the double points option multiply based on 1 dollar = 2 points or 1 dollar =3 points?

I suspect it's the earlier one... 1 dollar = 2 points and with double point promo, it's 1 dollar = 4 points. And Plats and Golds earn 5 points per dollar?

Let me do the math...

In October, I have a four night stay @ LM Etoile with a rateof 199 Euro per night.

Assume 200 EURO = 300 USD.

For this stay, per night, I would normally earn, 300 x 3 = 900 points, and with the promotion, I would gain additional 600 points per night. That's about 2400additional points for this stay.

I guess the benefit is that if one stays at a higher rate, expensive hotel, earning potential is great... but for me, 300 USD per night is just about the highest I will get for my work related travel and even for vacation.

So, I would probably earn less than 10000 additional SPG points through this double points options... that's a no go for me... for now.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 1:33 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
This means you will only get 8 base points, (double your base points of 4) if you are a preferred member. (9 base points for elite level members). Condition: both promotions to be under the same eligibility period.

[email protected]
Hi Lurkers,

I have a similar query. I would probably go for the 2 stays - 2000 bonus points. I have one stay already booked in Orlando Four Points- 2 nights which will get me 230 x 2 = 460 points plus I booked online for 500 bonus. I am now looking at the Aloft in Rancho Cucamonga. They are running a grand opening special that is $10 less than the normal rate of $129. So please tell me if this is possible.

2 nights at Orlando Four Points 460
Online booking bonus 500

1 night at Aloft at special rate 119 x 8 = 952
This together with Orlando Four Points = 2000 "choice bonus"
Extra 500 online booking bonus if I log on when the customer service is busy.

Total 4412 points for both stays?
Old Sep 16, 2008, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by brahms77
I suspect it's the earlier one... 1 dollar = 2 points and with double point promo, it's 1 dollar = 4 points. And Plats and Golds earn 5 points per dollar?
You are right.

[email protected]
Old Sep 16, 2008, 1:40 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Double Stay's = Plat status for me ....

:-: and to think, I said it would be impossible for me to make Plat when I first joined SPG in March...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.