Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Q4 2008 Promo - SPG You Choose

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:36 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I agree with Blissworld...thought it was going to be something new and exciting. The Le Meridien promo the last two years was a much better deal. I am done staying at cheap hotels just to get a few extra points. I'd rather just stick with my 2-3 W stays for the rest of the year and the free week in DXB and leave it at that.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:36 pm
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Well, they usually run into Jan of the following year, don't they? Also, I guess I assumed that the stays from 9/17-30 would qualify as well, since I have a couple of nights booked.
LOL. I don't know about past years, so you may have me on that one.

Regardless, whatever Free Nights are earned between October 1 - December 31, 2008 can be redeemed by April 30, 2009.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Quite honestly, I'm very disappointed...

Nothing creative and only linear earning possibilities. The most you can get is 2500 points per night IF you stay ten times for one-night. That way you get 5000 points for two stays which gives you a free Category 2 night.
That's nowhere near as good as Hyatt's FFN or even the SPG Mastercard promo.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
A lot of excitement about nothing for me. Already have Platinum status for next year and the low level of points per night/stay does not encourage me to spend any extra money. Given the tanking economy, I will wait and do my stays in the first quarter of next year.
This is why I'll probably just do "Double Starpoints on all stays"
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Hey William

If you get tired of us, you can always ask us to wait for tomorrow's webinar with our questions!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by DUflyer
Quite honestly, I'm very disappointed...

Nothing creative and only linear earning possibilities. The most you can get is 2500 points per night IF you stay ten times for one-night. That way you get 5000 points for two stays which gives you a free Category 2 night.
That's nowhere near as good as Hyatt's FFN or even the SPG Mastercard promo.
Well you can't please everyone! It is what it is. Would you rather have NO promo?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:49 pm
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
If you get sick of us, you can always ask us to wait for tomorrow's webinar with our questions!
LOL. That's okay. Thyetus will be in to relieve me shortly.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Sep 15, 2008, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Well you can't please everyone! It is what it is. Would you rather have NO promo?
Of course it is better than no promo (even though I probably won't make a choice at all), but it is certainly not worth the hype.
I even changed the dates of an upcoming trip to Beijing in order to stay at the aloft--just in case I have to stay in 8 different SPG brands to get 100k points.

A good promo is one where you make an effort to have extra stays you don't really need. This time I'd rather save my money...
Old Sep 15, 2008, 5:02 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Cancelled my aloft stay too which will save me the trouble of getting to ORD. Guess I can spend the next three months paying off my credit cards to be ready for the new year.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
..how to explain to the Mrs. that I'll be bouncing between the Four Points and Sheraton in Pleasanton for 41 days...
She will just have to grin and bear it as you start planning a nice holiday with her using all of those bonus points.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
DUFLyer,
Curious what you thought you would see? What would make you spend your extra money?
Old Sep 15, 2008, 5:05 pm

its up now. Time to decide what is best for me to "choose"
Old Sep 15, 2008, 5:07 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
so I was trying to find the list of included properties for the double stay credit. I am still 10 short of qualifying for platinum. I ...-U-ME it is not limited to 4pts in Montana, but since they EMPHASIZE the no change, I want to make sure.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
DUFLyer,
Curious what you thought you would see? What would make you spend your extra money?
This is what I would have liked (similar to the "stay in all our 5 brands, get 50k points" promo a few years back):

Starwood has nine different brands. The more brands you stay at during Q4, the more Starpoints you earn:
1 brand = 5k
2 brands = 10k
3 brands = 15k
4 brands = 25k
5 brands = 35k
6 brands = 50k
7 brands = 70k
8 brands = 100k

This would have been totally exciting and would be like a treasure hunt. In Australia we have only three brands, so it would involve lots of traveling overseas.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 5:13 pm

Programs: LH SEN CX GOLD SPG PLT Hyatt Diamond IC PLT Royal Ambassador
Thumbs down

thats all? thats the big announced promotion?

"even two ways to earn 100.000 points"

40 stays or 80 nights

ohh the choice is verry easy I choose Hyatt's FFN

big fus for nothing Starwood!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.