Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Platinum Concierge Phone Number???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2008, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
New Platinum Concierge Phone Number???

I'll be the first to admit that i miss email communications, etc... but did the platinum # change??? i just called the same number i have called for a long time and got a new voice prompt menu and there were no platinum recognition, no "i see your at the platinum level and have 78,000 points..."

the rep i spoke to gave me a new phone number... for plats... so all is well, just weird.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Originally Posted by boston aa flyer
I'll be the first to admit that i miss email communications, etc... but did the platinum # change??? i just called the same number i have called for a long time and got a new voice prompt menu and there were no platinum recognition, no "i see your at the platinum level and have 78,000 points..."

the rep i spoke to gave me a new phone number... for plats... so all is well, just weird.
When you log onto your account, the number deplayed at the top of the page is the platinum number.

Is that number different than the number you've been calling in the past?
Old Sep 9, 2008, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
When you log onto your account, the number deplayed at the top of the page is the platinum number.

the number they just gave me is on my homepage before i log onto my account... which is why i always disregarded it... and the number doesn't change when i log in.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite

the number on my home page before i log in... is the same as after i log in... so i always just looked at it as the "public number"... now that i look at it... it's the same number they just gave me over the phone as the Plat Concierge Number.

Strange that SPG would post the platinum number on the home page....
Old Sep 9, 2008, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*
the number on my home page before i log in... is the same as after i log in... so i always just looked at it as the "public number"... now that i look at it... it's the same number they just gave me over the phone as the Plat Concierge Number.

It only displays that number because you have logged in to the site recently and it remembers that you are platinum, even before you have re-logged in to see your points balance, ect. Similar to AA's website that displays your name and status in the upper right hand corner (now you have to check a box to have it remember you) but does not display your balance until you have logged in.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 8:53 pm

Programs: ??????????
I definitely get different numbers.

Firefox logged in 1 number
IE not / never logged in different number.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 1:51 am

Programs: Mucci (for services to Gin), VS Au, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis Pref+, Hertz 5*
You get a cookie that holds information about your status, that is why you get all the Plat benefits and promotion links even if you haven't logged in. It is the same mechanism that remembers your username. I would imagine that if you don't save your username on the login page, you won't get the cookie that contains your status but I haven't tested that theory.

If you went to SPG.com on a PC that had never visited the site before you would get the general number until you log in.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 7:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred

When you don't log in the general number is displayed, once you log in the platinum number will be displayed.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 9:46 am
Original Poster

thanks everyone for the clairty... fortunately... the number is emblazened within my blackberry
Old Sep 10, 2008, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
SPG Platinum phone number is published to the public. A simple google query will turn up the number. However, you will definitely NOT be able to use the service if you are not a Platinum because the first thing the agent ask you is what is your SPG number?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.