Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Can't get previous stay receipt online?? Seriously?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't get previous stay receipt online?? Seriously?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2008, 12:03 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by vysean
I was about to post a thread on "no folio available online?" and decided to search first. It appears this is something all the Starwoodies have come to accept, so no point complaining about it (though it makes Hilton look like they're on top of things).

I do have one question though - I recently stayed at a property, managed to misplace the folio, and needed to get one submitted for an expense report. I ended up calling Starwood CS, they contacted the hotel, and the hotel faxed a copy to me. This worked well, but the hotel faxed copy didn't have a logo, address, or anything to denote that it might be halfway legitimate. Not to mention that my employer requires ORIGINAL paperwork - they wouldn't accept the faxed copy anyway.

So other than waiting for 4-6 days for a mailed "original", is there a faster way to get a folio sent to me? A PDF would be great, as it would appear to be (and is, for all intents and purposes) an original. Do all hotels have this capability, or only certain ones? Obviously I shouldn't have misplaced the folio, but I'm not the most organized on travel receipts...
Hi vysean,

In your case, I would either call up CS department again or simply contact the hotel to request for a PDF document of the folio with the hotel's certification that the copy is correct. Would your company be able to accept that?

I understand that most companies have rather tight rules on claims and the CS department is able to assist a guest if the guest requires the folio to include the hotel's logo or in PDF format.

[email protected]
Old Oct 20, 2008, 2:23 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Yes, I completely agree, it would be an excellent feature -- for both Starwood and Hyatt (for me, given that's who I stay with).

Hilton is definitely superior in this particular regard.
It has never worked for my stays at European properties. It is either "Not available" or "View e-folio" and then the following message "We're sorry but we were unable to retrieve a folio for this hotel. Please call the hotel directly to obtain a copy.".

Same thing for my InterContinental stays : bill not available.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG Gold, Fairmont PC Gold, IC Gold
If you are a serious traveller, is it actually THAT hard to just not lose the original copy? If you had important client documents, would you just "misplace" those docs? If you need this so bad for reimbursement, dont lose it. It isnt that hard to travel with an envelope or file folder, and place all of your receipts in it. You are in the business world - stay organized.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 10:57 am

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kendalh
If you are a serious traveller, is it actually THAT hard to just not lose the original copy? If you had important client documents, would you just "misplace" those docs? If you need this so bad for reimbursement, dont lose it. It isnt that hard to travel with an envelope or file folder, and place all of your receipts in it. You are in the business world - stay organized.
So you've never misplaced an important (or unimportant, as the case may be) document?

Some of us aren't in the "business world", BTW... @:-)
Old Oct 20, 2008, 12:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I know most other "serious travellers" lose folios from time to time and it has nothing to do with lack of responsibilty or organization. I mean do you keep all of your folios in a locked grail and treat them as "important client docs"? Lets be reasonable here.

I know we are somewhat beating a dead horse, but Hertz, which is lightyears behind in IT, now has the feature to pull up all rentals billed in your name/ credit card. If they can manage, I'm sure Stawood can. I'm not a rocket scientist, but I'm sure Starwood spends many man hours processing and faxing/mailing old folios to guests. Its 2008..i'm pretty sure this software is readily available.

Last thing- Lurker- maybe you can confirm.. I recently had an automated email with final folio sent to me the day after from the W Chicago Lakeshore .. this wasn't prompted at all so I was surprised to get it. I did have something from the minibar so it was nice to have the final efolio.. is this a hotel specific feature or is this going to be rolled out system wide?
The address that sent the email was [email protected] (I almost flagged it as spam when I first saw it).
Old Oct 20, 2008, 1:39 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by pitbrian
...Last thing- Lurker- maybe you can confirm.. I recently had an automated email with final folio sent to me the day after from the W Chicago Lakeshore .. this wasn't prompted at all so I was surprised to get it. I did have something from the minibar so it was nice to have the final efolio.. is this a hotel specific feature or is this going to be rolled out system wide?
The address that sent the email was [email protected] (I almost flagged it as spam when I first saw it).
My understanding is that any hotel using the current and most up-to-date version of Galaxy Lightspeed can do this. While Galaxy Lightspeed is Starwood's preferred in-house system for hotels these days, not every hotel is so equipped. But, even when they are, it is up to the discretion of the property to implement it as being delivered by request or have it set to do so automatically. Sounds like the W Chicago Lakeshore has chosen the former.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Nov 3, 2008, 6:34 pm

Just got an emailed pdf folio from the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk without requesting one. Much appreciated ^
Old Nov 3, 2008, 6:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I've been noticing them more often as well.. Westin Pittsburgh sent me one without being prompted.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 8:13 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Your example is too narrow. How about the cases where hotels don't place the bill under the door before we leave? And we don't have time or want to queue in-line to checkout? The service is there so it to make it easier for us to access the receipt after we leave, so it should work!
Old Nov 3, 2008, 9:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG Gold, Fairmont PC Gold, IC Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bagold
Your example is too narrow. How about the cases where hotels don't place the bill under the door before we leave? And we don't have time or want to queue in-line to checkout? The service is there so it to make it easier for us to access the receipt after we leave, so it should work!
Great point.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:24 am

Well, this is year 2010 and you STILL cannot get your past receipts online.

Come. ON.

Unreal.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:12 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by bagold
Also, I get breakfast from room service. Not on the "overnight" bill. Don't want to wait for new receipt at the desk.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 1:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I thought I'd check back in on this. It seems that nothing has changed. I'm currently wasting time that would be used to support customers chasing down hotel folios. I can't even do it at night since I generally get forwarded to accounting departments.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by thegeneral
I thought I'd check back in on this. It seems that nothing has changed. I'm currently wasting time that would be used to support customers chasing down hotel folios. I can't even do it at night since I generally get forwarded to accounting departments.
i seem to be getting a sense of déjà vu here....
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Plat/LT Gold, MR Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by thegeneral
The only thing that's changed since this thread was started in 2008, is that Hyatt now provides online folios. Seems like Starwood is playing catch-up more and more lately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.