Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Victoria BC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bcrdukes
I believe it's a franchise, not Starwood owned.
Starwood claims to own just 3% of its 1200+ properties worldwide. That's the way Hilton & Marriott do it, too.

http://development.starwoodhotels.com/about/
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
Interesting! Thanks for sharing that!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:39 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I've stayed at the hotel several times and enjoy it. I doesn't promise much, but it delivers it well.

I don't mind the location, by the highway, behind the big box store, because I come with my own vehicle and know the area. I don't mind being so far out of the centre of town. With a vehicle, the strip malls are minutes away. Downtown 15-45 depending on traffic.

I has been a while since I was last there. But, at that time, it was a solid Four Points.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
Just wanted to update the thread and thank everyone for their input.

I'm currently here and checking out at 4pm (very nice of them to allow late check out!)

I know the area very well so getting from A to B is not a problem (I've stayed at the Westin Bear Mountain many times up the hill.) I managed to get a room on the 4th floor, requesting to be away from the elevators and ice machines etc.

Noise - I can see how some people can get upset about the noise issues, especially on the lobby level. The sounds of people talking just echoes throughout the hallways and lobby. Walking to my room, I can hear families talking about their travel plans and their kids screaming in excitement, but once I'm in my room, it's pretty quiet. I can hear the folks enjoying their meals and drinks at the roof top patio, but it doesn't really bother me.

Staff seem to be very caring and happy to help. They definitely have a Vancouver Island approach to things. Room and bed were clean - no complaints. I had good nights of sleep. Just wished the desk workspace were a little bigger, but I managed to get my work done.

All in all, a great property. Will stay again!

Edit: Did not use the restaurant and other facilities so I cannot comment. Pool is open until 10pm if anyone is ever curious. I overheard a lot of people leaving the patio and restaurant commenting that the food was good.

Last edited by bcrdukes; Jul 24, 2015 at 11:16 pm
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:33 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I completed a recent two night stay here; staying for business.

I find that the property is looking a bit more run down due to wear and tear on the rooms that other Four Points Properties that I have stayed at. It is nothing that is unacceptable, but there was some mild water damage on the white moldings and some scuff marks in the halls and in the rooms. The service levels were excellent and the odd pub downstairs below the lobby was fine to eat in. The pool was working and there was an adequate gym.

Overall though, I'd probably aim for the Westin Bear Mountain up the street if the prices were similar on my next trip through. I find that the rates here are quite close, with the Westin Resort Fee adding up to be the most of the difference. It is worse in the summer when the Westin average daily rate is much more expensive thanks to the golf course. It's also strange since there are other nicer properties around Victoria city such as the Fairmont, Marriott and Delta hotels with prices that may be somewhat close to the Four Points- depending on the season.

The only other negative is that I didn't find the food options off hotel in the Four Points area to be all too interesting. There are the usual A+W, Tim Hortons and a Milestones in the malls but nothing really interesting unless you are prepared to drive into Victoria.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Interesting that this hotel is now priced at a higher category than the Westin (Cat 4 vs. Cat 3 for the westin). As such, this hotel costs 10K/night - somebody mentioned it used to cost only 3K/night last year?!?

With the CAD going the way it is, I'd expect this property to get downgraded again this year.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
That's really odd. The 2015 category change list shows it going from Cat 3 to Cat 2. I don't know when it leapt to Cat 4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.