Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEFT MARRIOTT] The Park Central San Francisco [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[LEFT MARRIOTT] The Park Central San Francisco [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2007, 6:43 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Bosny
Bump. Still looking for info about the New Wetsin area. Posts refer to the hotel not open yet, so no feedback. I am NOT looking for info on hotel interior/services...trying to chose a location based on the factors listed in my previous post. Any help? Someone familiar with the area at all? Thank you
If it were me and I were choosing between this hotel and the Wharf I would vote for this hotel. It is in the "business" part of town so there will be fewer pure tourists. There will be out of towners at Moscone Center (convention center). Neither choices are right near hotspots. Really depends what you want in terms of nightlife.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:54 pm

Programs: United 1P, AA Plat, US Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
I'd definitely go for one of the properties away from the Wharf. The only nice "big" hotel in the Wharf area is the Argonaut (which I recommend, BTW). The Sheraton down there is rubbish; a friend spent somewhere around $180/night to stay there once, and I felt bad he paid so much for so little.

Anyways, if you stay in the SOMA properties, it's true that you'll be in the "refurbished" area of SF. If "urban lifestyle" shops are your thing, you'll find stuff to do. Otherwise, I'd suggest walking a few blocks to catch the streetcar. One direction will take you up towards Noe Valley, which is very cute and has lots of good restaurants. The other direction will take you to the Ferry Building (recommended on Saturday mornings for the Farmer's Market) and then onwards to the Wharf. Also recommend you check out North Beach (Little Italy) and Russian Hill (my favorite SF neighborhood).
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:06 am

Thank you! Now that is helpful information. I am leaning towards the new Westin. Can't wait to check out all the neighborhoods. Thanks again Phoenician Aviator!
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:31 am

Looks like the photo section got updated,
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ropertyID=1981

Although the only thing I see that "seems" to be specific to the hotel added are the workout room pix and couple pictures of the bed. It's slayed to be opened on 4/12, would love to hear some feedbacks as I've got a few rooms reserved for July.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by alamedaguy
Now accepting reservations for arrival on or after May 14, 2007.

Category 4 in case that wasn't known. $209 on "opening" night.
If you click on "specials" the above link, they had some $179 rates with 1,000 bonus points but that special seems to have very very limited dates.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 12:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Is anyone at hotel today?

I see on the reservations page that it is possible to book a stay for tonight onward. Any reviews, by chance?
Old Apr 12, 2007, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fenger
Looks like the photo section got updated,
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ropertyID=1981

Although the only thing I see that "seems" to be specific to the hotel added are the workout room pix and couple pictures of the bed. It's slayed to be opened on 4/12, would love to hear some feedbacks as I've got a few rooms reserved for July.
the #5 photo (meetings) is such a lame photo. i wonder if this is really taken from a meeting room at this property. it could have been taken at....maybe, a million properties.

actually, all of the photos are lame.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 9:47 pm

I am going to be attending a conference in SF in June and my company had us book at the Argent Hotel. I was so disappointed that it was not a Starwood property as I have been a long time fan of Starwood (though sadly my elite status has lapsed this year). Now that I hear it is becoming a Westin, I'm so psyched but have one question: Since the hotel was booked while it was under different ownership, will I still get points for my stay in June (which will be after the converstion to a Westin)? Please say yes!
Old Apr 13, 2007, 2:39 am

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
i booked my friend in the W san francisco, which is right down the street from the new westin.

He had a meeting/conference today at the Argent, but was not aware that it became a Westin as of today. I had forgotten. He was walking up and down the block looking for the argent but could not find it...only a westin.

after he gave me the address i finally figured out he was at the right hotel - silly...he walked past it probably 5-6 times before we knew what happened.

All I know is that everything seems good.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:59 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Originally Posted by njber116
I am going to be attending a conference in SF in June and my company had us book at the Argent Hotel. I was so disappointed that it was not a Starwood property as I have been a long time fan of Starwood (though sadly my elite status has lapsed this year). Now that I hear it is becoming a Westin, I'm so psyched but have one question: Since the hotel was booked while it was under different ownership, will I still get points for my stay in June (which will be after the converstion to a Westin)? Please say yes!
I don't see why not, give them your SPG# when you check in.

I stayed at the Argent once about 2 years ago during an office visit after I received a job offer. Its pretty nice.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 10:16 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by njber116
Since the hotel was booked while it was under different ownership, will I still get points for my stay in June (which will be after the converstion to a Westin)? Please say yes!
Of course you will. Just as you would not get SPG points if you had booked an SPG hotel that was no longer an SPG hotel when you checked in.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 2:45 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AAdvantage, Northwest, Continental
Any one know if the new Westin will have a pool?

That is one downside of the Westin St. Francis.

Did the property that they took over have a pool? That would be a good indication if they will!

Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2007, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Well, this explains a lot!
Originally Posted by sapguy
San Fran
Originally Posted by sapguy
Frisco
What do you expect?

Old Apr 25, 2007, 4:18 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Well I just want to say that I had a stay at this hotel a few days after it's Westin Opening.

As a Plat, I was upgraded to a suite. I was "early" when I got to the room the door was open and I noticed movers coming up another elevator. The moved in my giant coffee table, took some plastic off the sectional and tested the TVs.

They did a great job in that room.

Construction at the main entrance was onging during my stay.

Regards,

Scho
Old Apr 25, 2007, 6:15 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Some co-workers of mine stayed there last week and had only positive things to say about the hotel.. construction is still on-going though..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.