Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEAVING Marriott 18 Feb ‘21] Equinox Resort, Vermont, Luxury Coll’n [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Resort Access from Union Street: Aug. 11 – Oct. 6, 2015

From August 11 through October 6, 2015, access to the resort from Union Street will be closed due to road construction. Please use Main Street / Historic Route 7A to access the resort. Please contact the resort for further information.

Holiday Season: December 20, 2015 – January 3, 2016

From December 20, 2015 to January 3, 2016, the resort will have a large number of families with children and pets due to the holiday season. Please contact the resort for further information.

Martin Luther King's: January 15-18, 2016

From January 15 to January 18, 2016, the resort will have a large number of families with children and pets due to Martin Luther King’s weekend. Please contact the resort for more information.

President's Week: February 12 – February 21, 2016

From February 12 to February 21, 2016, the resort will have large number of families with children and pets due to President's Week. Please contact the resort for more information.
Print Wikipost

[LEAVING Marriott 18 Feb ‘21] Equinox Resort, Vermont, Luxury Coll’n [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2009, 7:35 pm

I too am disappointed to hear about this. We have always found the service to be great when we've been there before.

There are a few other recent negative posts about the Equinox on other threads, so I am starting to think something has really changed.

Darn. Probably the only real quality SPG resort property within driving distance for me and Mrs. Flews.

Cheers,
Old Aug 18, 2009, 6:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Originally Posted by uapremier
(the hotel apparently only has 3 suites)
Did you confirm this with PC? They have lots and lots of suites...I just wonder what they consider 'standard'.

M
Old Aug 18, 2009, 8:32 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Score8
Did you confirm this with PC? They have lots and lots of suites...I just wonder what they consider 'standard'.

M
Hi Score8,

The deluxe and superior suites at this property are considered as "standard" suites.

From the inventory list I have, I believe there are more than 3 suites but not certain how many of them can be sold or redeemed via SPG.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:20 am

Programs: SPG, AA: PLAT; Hilton: Diamon, UAL: Premier Exec; IC_PriClub; 308 hours flying Boeing 707's
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
From the inventory list I have, I believe there are more than 3 suites but not certain how many of them can be sold or redeemed via SPG.
I've seen three suites in the main building (where I stayed) and thus assume there are more in other buildings, but didn't check. One is a fantastic, three story affair directly above the main reception. The guest let me see it and it was impressive. Two others are also two story. The one I had was odd, the bedroom was in the main entrance and the living area was up the stairs on the second story. I assume the other suites are in the other buildings. All in all a good property, but I had to work the upgrade once I arrived on site. My arrival upgrade was just to a corner room which overlooked the fire pit and it was obvious they were not full when we arrived or while we stayed (last October).

-- CaptainG
Old Aug 19, 2009, 6:37 am

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
We were there on a Wed night in early June when it was so empty they closed both bars by 7pm and no one ate at either restaurant (we talked to a waiter there). We only saw 2 other couples at the resort. And no upgraded.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 10:03 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CaptainG
I've seen three suites in the main building (where I stayed) and thus assume there are more in other buildings, but didn't check. One is a fantastic, three story affair directly above the main reception. The guest let me see it and it was impressive. Two others are also two story. The one I had was odd, the bedroom was in the main entrance and the living area was up the stairs on the second story. I assume the other suites are in the other buildings. All in all a good property, but I had to work the upgrade once I arrived on site. My arrival upgrade was just to a corner room which overlooked the fire pit and it was obvious they were not full when we arrived or while we stayed (last October).

-- CaptainG
We just finished a stay in one of the two-story suites in the main building - huge bedroom and then stairs leading to a second-floor seating area with couch and chairs. They missed a bet by not including a fireplace for winter guests! Otherwise a great upgrade, for a free weekend night.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by thebutlerdidit
We just finished a stay in one of the two-story suites in the main building - huge bedroom and then stairs leading to a second-floor seating area with couch and chairs. They missed a bet by not including a fireplace for winter guests! Otherwise a great upgrade, for a free weekend night.
How was everything else?

There have been some really nasty experiences/reviews lately. We really enjoyed our previous stays. Hoping the problems were just glitches, not systemic. Your sense? Is this property trending downward?

Cheers,
Old Aug 21, 2009, 8:02 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Flews
How was everything else?

There have been some really nasty experiences/reviews lately. We really enjoyed our previous stays. Hoping the problems were just glitches, not systemic. Your sense? Is this property trending downward?

Cheers,
It was our first stay. The property is gorgeous. Reception, bell service and housekeeping are all spot on.

We had two meals at the Tavern, both very good, although my wife can't eat garlic and one of her meals had plenty of it (even though the waitperson said there was none). My wife left a breakfast order on the room service's voice mail - which never got checked. We were comped on that breakfast as a result. We also enjoyed a sitdown breakfast - very well done.

The spa is terrific - not enough lounge chairs for the sun porch, that needs to be expanded. The outdoor fire pit at the bar was a terrific spot for after dinner drinks.

If you're rating it on the SPG category scale, I think it's a solid Cat 5. We'll come back.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Thumbs down Damn...

I hear great things and have been trying to a book a Saturday get-a-way for wife and I with a free night promo, but all the weekends seem to be a 2 night minimum -- which feels like cheating a bit with this promo
Old Aug 21, 2009, 9:06 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JBauer
I hear great things and have been trying to a book a Saturday get-a-way for wife and I with a free night promo, but all the weekends seem to be a 2 night minimum -- which feels like cheating a bit with this promo
Even prior to this promo, the hotel has typically always had a 2 night minimum on weekends. I have visited this hotel on the weekend three different occassions, and all 3 times, we had to do a 2-night stay. I bet you wouldn't find much luck doing a two night stay in a Superior room this last minute anyway, so I wouldn't be too upset over it.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 7:57 pm

Sounds like they've turned around some of the service issues reported by others.

Mrs. Flews, young Flewser and Flewsette and I are considering a return visit in September. So we're watching this thread closely to see whether the reports are improving or not. It's a fair hike if we were to be disappointed.

Cheers,
Old Oct 29, 2009, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler; Alaska MVP Gold 100K
Beware of Taxes

Just came back from a weekend at the Equinox and relatively had a good time. The Equinox is good for us since it's 'pet friendly' and they always treat our Dalmatian well.

This past visit (four in the past three years) had a few surprises. We were taxed on the following (which I don't remember in the past):

Pet Fee (went from $100.00 to $125.00) for the visit. I don't remember being taxed on this before.

Resort Fee, ditto.

Our breakfast was included in the room rate, we were taxed on the already built in servers gratuity.

With the state tax (fyi, this is going up the first of the year), room and local taxes, this was a hefty hit on the bill.

Had dinner both nights in the Marsh Tavern. Food was good, service, eh.

-Jim
Old Oct 30, 2009, 4:55 am

Anyone go up for skiing ? Is it easily accessible to Stratton or Bromley ?
Old Oct 30, 2009, 1:18 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by whitedoor
Anyone go up for skiing ? Is it easily accessible to Stratton or Bromley ?

Bromley is about 15 minutes from Manchester center. Stratton is probably about 45 minutes if I recall.

Last edited by ghia74; Oct 30, 2009 at 1:19 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jun 25, 2010, 5:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Just checked in, there couldn't possbly be a smaller, less private room in the hotel.

Called downstairs and they are saying that they are sold out (3 weddings). While I understand that I shouldn't anticipate a meaningful upgrade given the capacity issues, I find it challenging to believe that there isn't a better room within the category that I booked. They offered free breakfast, which is nice, but having the bed directly next to the door is an underwhelming experience.

I booked on points otherwise I certainly would have not taken the upgrade on chance and paid for a higher quality room.

While there are still higher category rooms available online, the Platinum concierge noted that the hotel is sold out.

We'll see how I feel after a few frosty malt beverages...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.