Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Four Points Olympia Park, Munich, Germany, LEAVING SPG 23 Oct '16 [Master Thread]

Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Leaving Starwood on October 23, 2016

The Four Points by Sheraton Munich Olympiapark will be leaving the Starwood system on October 23, 2016. Reservations for dates on or after October 23, 2016, will not be eligible for Starwood Preferred Guest membership benefits, award redemption or accrual.
Print Wikipost

Four Points Olympia Park, Munich, Germany, LEAVING SPG 23 Oct '16 [Master Thread]

Old Nov 6, 2002, 12:18 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Arrow Four Points Olympia Park, Munich, Germany, LEAVING SPG 23 Oct '16 [Master Thread]

Has anyone stayed at the: Four Points OlympiaPark In Munic?

Not the best location I'm sure.
Anything thing good or bad to say about it?

Thanks..

marvella
Old Nov 6, 2002, 1:45 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
I did not stay there but my office is about a mile south of it...
The area up there is OK, it is an excellent location if you are looking at some event at the OlympiaPark, or if you need to do business with BMW which is right next door.

Otherwise, it's a about a 15 minute subway ride if you want to go downtown.
Old Dec 24, 2003, 10:48 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
I accomodated some business partners at the 4Points Olympiapark, staff was very nice and friendly, and my guests were happy with the hotel. Parking is free there, and the subway (U3) is very close by.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 5:04 pm

4pts olympiapark was my worst stay every at a starwood. lousy customer service (i was there on pts and they couldn't understand how the pts per night switched from 2k to 3k because of the weekend; caused nice 20 min checkin process) they messed up on my transportation from the airport and they gave wrong directions twice. the rooms were small, beds hard and the whole place looks like a military complex.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 5:21 am

I'll agree that because of where it's located (the building complex), it can be hard to find if one doesn't know what to look for, but my stays there have been outstanding in terms of service.

Once I had an early flight out of MUC and mentioned that I'd have to depart before the breakfast room opened (the rate included breakfast). They volunteered to have room service bring me a hot breakfast at no extra charge and had it delivered at 0400!

(I was Gold at the time, but I don't think that influenced the decision.)
Old Jul 23, 2005, 5:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium , National Car Emerald Club Exec Elite, AC 50K Elite
4 Points Olympic Stadium

Does anyone have any recommendations or criticisms of the 4 Points by the Olympic Stadium. Is it a relatively easy commute from the Oktoberfest and Downtown Munich areas?
Old Jul 24, 2005, 7:09 am

It's a relatively easy commute from the Oktoberfest and from central Munich, if you use public transportation.

From the Oktoberfest (Theresienwiese), take the U-4/U-5 subway from the Theresienwiese stop in the direction of the Hauptbahnhof (main train station) for three stops (you'll go past, but not get off at, Hauptbahnhof) and get off at Odeonsplatz, then change (underground) to the U-3 in the direction of the Olympic Park (Olympiazentrum). Get off at the last stop, Olympiazentrum, and you are an easy walk from the hotel.

From downtown (central Munich) you can catch the U-3 at Marienplatz or at Odeonsplatz, go in the direction of the Olympic Park (Olympiazentrum), get off at the last stop, and you are an easy walk from the hotel.

Some folks find the hotel nice, others are put off because it is the top floors of an office building (I think) and a bit counter-intuitive to find. I've stayed there and found the service to be great!

Last edited by Counsellor; Jul 24, 2005 at 7:18 am
Old Aug 1, 2005, 5:46 pm

Liked the FP Olympiapark

Counsellor, agreed. Very easy to get to central Munich via U-Bahn. Ten or fifteen minute ride. I would just add that some may find the area of town the hotel is in to be a bit dodgy. But my wife and I weren't bothered at all when we were there last year.

Slightly OT, but I wonder what the future of the hotel is with FC Bayern Mnchen moving out of Olympic Stadium to Allianz Arena (and presumably taking most if not all big matches in Munich to the new stadium too). I may be overestimating the effect, but I remember seeing "Football Weekend" packages through the FP Olympiapark advertised a lot. Of course, it's not like the hotel has a major auto manufacturer's plant right close by or anything.

Originally Posted by Counsellor
It's a relatively easy commute from the Oktoberfest and from central Munich, if you use public transportation.

From the Oktoberfest (Theresienwiese), take the U-4/U-5 subway from the Theresienwiese stop in the direction of the Hauptbahnhof (main train station) for three stops (you'll go past, but not get off at, Hauptbahnhof) and get off at Odeonsplatz, then change (underground) to the U-3 in the direction of the Olympic Park (Olympiazentrum). Get off at the last stop, Olympiazentrum, and you are an easy walk from the hotel.

From downtown (central Munich) you can catch the U-3 at Marienplatz or at Odeonsplatz, go in the direction of the Olympic Park (Olympiazentrum), get off at the last stop, and you are an easy walk from the hotel.

Some folks find the hotel nice, others are put off because it is the top floors of an office building (I think) and a bit counter-intuitive to find. I've stayed there and found the service to be great!
Old May 30, 2009, 8:46 pm

Does anyone have any updates to staying at this hotel? Planning a trip to Oktoberfest this year. It looks like the last post is well-dated. Any additional information or review on this hotel (i.e. area, Platinum treatment, etc.) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old May 30, 2009, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
You do not wish to stay there unless it is your intention to get drunken on the Oktoberfest and use the hotel simply as a campsite. The hotel is very basis, do not expect too much of an upgrade or service.

The area is nothing to write home about, well connected by public transport.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 4:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
I have a C&P stay booked here for Oktoberfest (Oct 1-4). Can anyone provide instructions for getting to this hotel from the Munich Airport via public transport?

Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mrEzE
I have a C&P stay booked here for Oktoberfest (Oct 1-4). Can anyone provide instructions for getting to this hotel from the Munich Airport via public transport?

Thanks!
S-bahn from MUC to Marienplatz, then U3 to Olympiazentrum.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 3:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
Thanks!

Originally Posted by LarryU
S-bahn from MUC to Marienplatz, then U3 to Olympiazentrum.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 8:34 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed in the Hotel last year couple of times. Always satisfied. Otherwise I would not return. End of last year it started that you need to put a paper written by the Hotel into the window of you car. It was shown your room number on it. Ok can be done..

Now I returend some weeks ago and I received again this paper. So no worries. When I cheked out next day I saw additional fee of 8,- for parking.

Well, sorry to say that this way but the price are already a little higher, all hotels in Germany got a reduced tax fare since 01.01.2010 from 19% to only 7% (hotel rates are not reduced by a single property) and now I need to pay additional fee for parking. (You need to know this place you really have no choice for alternative parking. This area is really crowded.)

What I want to say is that out of my feeling there is not realy a need to add the 8,- to the room price due to several other points...
Old Jun 6, 2010, 10:33 am

I stayed there last month. One of the better Four Points that I have recently stayed at - it was a bit hard to find (as it is in the midst of the Olympic complex) but once there, no problems whatever. Maybe because I am plat we had a good room but the furnishings were new and everything was clean. The majority of guests were there on business.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.