Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[NEW] The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Opened May 1, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEW] The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Opened May 1, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Take it easy folks, it's quite normal for properties (especially luxury ones) to demand outrageous rates in the beginning when their revenue management is optimistic that they can ask for such prices.

Once reality settles in they will drop like a rock from a bridge because the owners won't be pleased not to get any bookings. I see the realistic price for this property hovering around 500-550 MYR.
I've seen this with mid-tier chain hotels too. Sometimes you see the same phenomenon after major renovations.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rooivalk
why are free nights not available here yet?
I would think twice about using my free nights at any brand new property which likely has the usual opening issues.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:18 am

Anyone know that skybar will be on rooftop or on 5th floor where is swimming pool ?

I need chose 3 days at KUL and choices LeMeridien, Grand Hyatt and this new St.Regis.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:38 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by HHQX888
Anyone know that skybar will be on rooftop or on 5th floor where is swimming pool ?

I need chose 3 days at KUL and choices LeMeridien, Grand Hyatt and this new St.Regis.
Strongly recommend the GH, especially if you're also Hyatt diamond.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by HHQX888

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Strongly recommend the GH, especially if you're also Hyatt diamond.
Avg price is LeM 300 < GH 700 < StR 950. The GH rooms are really nice, but the LeM is no slouch either, now that it's beem renovated.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:42 pm

You could see from Le Meridien KL that the pool at St Regis KL is very very small.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Take it easy folks, it's quite normal for properties (especially luxury ones) to demand outrageous rates in the beginning when their revenue management is optimistic that they can ask for such prices.

Once reality settles in they will drop like a rock from a bridge because the owners won't be pleased not to get any bookings. I see the realistic price for this property hovering around 500-550 MYR.
You are right of course. But the question is when. I'm looking to go in August and for now it's still showing as RM955.

Isn't August a dead time for KL?
Old May 2, 2016, 2:48 am

The St Regis Kuala Lumpur opened yesterday.

The hotel is located just down the road from Le Meridien KUL, a brief 5min walk from Sentral Station. Unfortunately there is a lot of construction going on in the vicinity. The pavement is barely two feet wide and there are few controlled crossings, and those that there are - the cars don't stop for them .

I was informed that proper crossings will eventually be constructed including an underground passage...

The last time I tried to view the hotel I found a route through the building opposite, accessed via escalators at one end of the Sentral station. However, I didn't try them this time, and was told there were closed... someone there will have to verify this.

Old May 2, 2016, 2:51 am

The hotel is rather longer than it looks; approaching from Le Meridien you encounter a smaller ballroom and secondary lobby for ballroom guests/tour groups.

The main lobby is at the far end of the hotel.

Last edited by travelswithmyself; May 10, 2016 at 7:58 am
Old May 2, 2016, 2:58 am

The hotel has the usual St Regis F&B establishments - The Drawing Room (bottom right) serving tea on the ground floor, The Brasserie on the second floor serving breakfast, lunch and dinner (bottom left), Decanter, The Astor Bar and Crystal which is the poolside bar.

On level 3 is a high-end Japanese restaurant which is privately-run. Half of it is a branch of Sushi Saito from Tokyo, and another is a Tempura restaurant.

The gym is fairly large and well-equipped. The pool is not ready, and is on the 6th floor (picture embargoed). It looks medium-sized and is an infinity pool.

Last edited by travelswithmyself; May 2, 2016 at 5:02 am
Old May 2, 2016, 3:02 am

Building is divided into hotel and residences. Hotel occupies levels ground to 21.

Suites are in each corner. There are no connecting rooms to suites, but each suite can be joined to an adjoining deluxe room via a common corridor, and the common door closed off to create a set of rooms.

Old May 2, 2016, 3:03 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Lurkers, the hotel is not loading free night awards. Or at least I could not find any award availability at all.. Standard rooms are available I believe? Must've been a room classification issue. Can you help take a look?
Old May 2, 2016, 3:07 am

Deluxe rooms are the base level rooms. 63 sqm. Very well-appointed and luxurious. Entry foyer leads to a twin vanity bathroom on one side and a walk-in wardrobe on the other, and the main bedroom further in. For those who like those... Toto washlets with lots of functions

Caroline Astor rooms are Deluxe rooms on higher floors.

Old May 2, 2016, 3:11 am

St Regis Suites are the base level suites - 123 sqm - huge in comparison to other suites. Large living room with dining table and living area.

Bedroom is small in comparison - barely 1.5m between the bed and the TV.

Large bathroom with floor-to-ceiling windows, bath and shower of course, walk-in wardrobe and a separate massage room for in-room massages/spa treatments.

Old May 2, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Thank you very much for the very first review.

The hardware seems much better than the Grand Hyatt.

I feel that it may be going up 1 category next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.