Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Fuerstenhof, Leipzig, Germany [No longer Marriott-affiliated]

Hotel Fuerstenhof, Leipzig, Germany [No longer Marriott-affiliated]

Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Hi all, wondering if anybody has had any recent experiences at this property?
Planning to do a trip to Eastern Germany visiting Dresden – Leipzig – Weimar – Nuremberg. Thanks in advance! ^
Quite some people prefer to stay at the Westin, mostly because of their outstanding Plat treatment and views. My last stay was in summer of 2011, when the Westin next door was booked very solid and therefore way more expensive.

On slower days, one has a solid chance a get a junior suite at the FH, not too much more for Plat members. About 50 sqm. , basically one big room with a sep. seating area. Very high quality furniture, however a bit dated, but one can see the craftmanship behind the original Kempinski setup. Spa in the basement still nice and always worth a visit, however slightly dated as well

If they offer the breakfast as an alternative Plat amenity though, it would be a huge plus, high quality variety in an upscale setting.

In any case, I strongly recommend taking the train, your itenary is far more enjoyable using Deutsche Bahn, the properties in Leipzig and Nuremburg are literally a stone throw away from the main railway station, Weimar is a Euro 8 cab ride and Dresden a 8 minute tram ride from the railway station, which is about as scenic as possible.

It is a nice trip, enjoy!

P.S.

www.beatthetimer.com should be checked frequently, all properties are on offer regularly
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Hi all, wondering if anybody has had any recent experiences at this property?
Planning to do a trip to Eastern Germany visiting Dresden – Leipzig – Weimar – Nuremberg. Thanks in advance! ^
Still a great property, however facing leipzig's biggest construction site. I would go for the Westin.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:23 am

Thanks so much guys. I am generally a great fan of the Luxury Collection (despite the numerous occasions when I was highly disappointed) so will probably still give the Fuerstenhof a try.

Another quick qn if I may: how many days would you recommend for us to stay in Leipzig? Are there lots to do? I know this is a highly subjective question, but still curious to hear what sort of time horizon people would put for a visit to Leipzig! (we are a couple from Far East Asia in our early 30s... and thought that spending 3 days in Salzburg was perfect)
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
two years ago I did a Eastern Germany Tour as well, staying at the Westin Leipzig, now defunct 4Points Dresden and the Elephant in Weimar.

We did 1 night in Sheraton Hannover enroute from NL to Leipzig ,2 nights in Leipzig, 2 in Dresden, and one in Weimar. This was more than enough tim ein most of the cities.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Still a great property, however facing leipzig's biggest construction site. I would go for the Westin.
This one is supposed to be finished by late september this year.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by thomas199023
two years ago I did a Eastern Germany Tour as well, staying at the Westin Leipzig, now defunct 4Points Dresden and the Elephant in Weimar.

We did 1 night in Sheraton Hannover enroute from NL to Leipzig ,2 nights in Leipzig, 2 in Dresden, and one in Weimar. This was more than enough tim ein most of the cities.
Thanks thomas - will report back!^
Old Nov 26, 2012, 5:59 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Has anyone stayed here recently? The pictures of the pool/spa on their website look kind of nice. Now that breakfast should be included for Platinums, any recent experiences? Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: SPG, AA, HH, IHG
I have a upcoming stay before Christmas. Will update ASAP.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, HH, IHG
Smile Hotel Fuerstenhof Leipzig

I booked standard room and was preupgraded to Grand Deluxe room. At check in I was given the Grand Deluxe though Junior suite were still available but I was on my own so I didn't care much about suite. It was my very first stay at a LC properties and I have to say I am impressed. The FD was also at the same time Concierge, she was very friendly and helpful. I was offered between 500 pts and breakfast. My room located on the 4th floor, was facing the courtyard and had a balcony. It was actually spacious, nicely decorated and very clean. The marble bathroom had separate tub and shower. All in all it was the 3th SPG properties I've stayed ---> I love SPG (lucky for me that I haven't had bad experience till now)

Will update the breakfast later...
Old Oct 6, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Outstanding property

Stayed here last week and was quite impressed. Upgraded to lovely junior suite with Molton Brown bath amenities. Service excellent. Platinum breakfast good for upscale breakfast buffet in the hotel's restaurant (EUR 25 value). Highly recommended.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Stayed here a little over a week ago. Paid 11k starpoints to get separate beds. Did not get separate beds or as best I could tell any type of upgrade. I guess I should have asked.

The customer service was excellent. Full breakfast was served for plats and pretty good. The tram stop right outside was convenient as well.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:46 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by sensei
Stayed here last week and was quite impressed. Upgraded to lovely junior suite with Molton Brown bath amenities. Service excellent. Platinum breakfast good for upscale breakfast buffet in the hotel's restaurant (EUR 25 value). Highly recommended.
I'd echo this. Great hotel! Booked two rooms and was upgraded to two junior suites -- one about 400sqft, the other maybe 600sqft (x04 and x02, respectively, IIRC). There were some minor problems during the stay; wireless internet wasn't working the first night, and I was offered to move to another junior suite with wired internet. The staff were very apologetic and helpful. Great breakfast buffet given as Plat benefit (for both rooms!) with quality cold cuts, supplemented by hot dishes made-to-order. The only downside was construction noise from a neighboring building, starting at 6.30am. Overall, a very pleasant stay, and Leipzig is well worth a visit.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: Free Agent
This is a slightly disappointing Luxury Collection hotel in Leipzig, within a 5 minute walk to the train station, and the same to all the touristy sights. One big negative is that the hotel faces an extremely busy road, and on top of that, is right in front of a tram stop. You will have road noise if your room faces the street.

That being said, I was given a junior suite that was a good size, with a large bathroom with a heated floor containing Molton Brown toiletries. The walk-in shower is on the small side. The room’s last refurbishment clearly stopped at the chairs, which all need to be replaced. The desk chair’s velvet covering is worn and faded. The two armchairs were laughable – they were lumpy and clearly sagging. They looked to be poorly reupholstered too. If you sit on the ottoman, you sink until you hit the wood frame. The wooden cabinets in the room are all in excellent shape though, and are nicely made - reminiscent of St. Regis furniture. Carpet is in excellent condition too. The ceiling lights had an adjustable light setting, but would flicker at high power.

I chose breakfast as my Platinum amenity, and it was simple and elegant. A small but high quality continental breakfast was put out. And you order any hot items via menu. Service was very good.

Wifi is decently fast. The gym doesn’t open until 630am, but the front desk staff will let you in earlier if you wish. All the staff I interacted were great and helpful, and spoke excellent English. Some aspects of this hotel are spectacular, and others, subpar for a Luxury Collection hotel. But the little things add up. Enough so that I would hesitate to come back to this property.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Gone...
Old Dec 16, 2018, 1:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
And another one?! Seems like there have been so many LC properties leaving Marriott recently. This just a week after the Des Indes in The Hague!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.