Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Le Parker Méridien, New York City [Master Thread] - LEAVING JAN 4, 2018

Le Parker Méridien, New York City [Master Thread] - LEAVING JAN 4, 2018

Old May 14, 2009, 10:09 pm
Community Director Emerita

I find that most Le Meridiens have now run out of Hermes. A few (such as the late LM Singapore) saved what they had for plat members, but even they were down to only small boxes of soap a year back.
Old May 14, 2009, 11:03 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
By the way, it seems a lot of people on the thread mention climate control problems in the room. I noticed during my stay last week that there was a sticker placed on the thermostat, written in cutesy thematic LM language that you should contact them if having trouble adjusting the temp to your liking and they will help you with it.

Perhaps a response to frequent complaints.
Old May 14, 2009, 11:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by andymo99
By the way, it seems a lot of people on the thread mention climate control problems in the room. I noticed during my stay last week that there was a sticker placed on the thermostat, written in cutesy thematic LM language that you should contact them if having trouble adjusting the temp to your liking and they will help you with it.
Right. That was there when I stayed at the hotel a couple months back. The room was too hot and I couldn't not seem to cool it down. So I called and they promptly sent an 'engineer' to the room to help me . . . open the window.
Old May 15, 2009, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I'm here now and found that I had to turn the A/C down to ~ 63 degrees in order to get the system to kick on. Basically it seems as though the thermostat is off by about 7 degrees.
Old May 15, 2009, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by courcoison
Good Evening.
Does anyboby know if the Parker Meridien provides Hermes bathroom amenities?
Thanks.
Just walked into the bathroom to check

Peter Thomas Roth
Old May 25, 2009, 12:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Re: A/C at LPM, cost cutting like everywhere else.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Jun 18, 2009 at 5:10 pm
Old Jun 7, 2009, 4:43 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
My business partner and I just used our free Platinum night there (with wives of course). At check-in, we were offered 11th floor Junior Suite or high floor park view. I love suites but we asked if we could see the park view room. Given a key, went to the room on the top floor and guess what - it faced AWAY from the park! Went down and we were given a Junior Suite on the 32nd floor.

Lovely room. Only downside I could see was the lack of available outlets - if you want to plug in your computer or recharge your phone, you'll have to work to find an outlet. Couldn't call it true luxury but the room was very comfortable and I love the location.

The room was available on Cash & Points that night. Truly a bargain for Manhattan. My guess is that after a free night, we'll be back again and again, especially having read that Junior Suite upgrades are standard for Platinums. Then again, without a double stay promotion, this could be it!
Old Jun 20, 2009, 1:47 am

You all may be interested to know that this hotel participates in Priceline name your own price. I got it by chance for $120/night vs. $269 on SPG.com. We shall see how they treat me, a mere Gold.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wwwebster0
You all may be interested to know that this hotel participates in Priceline name your own price. I got it by chance for $120/night vs. $269 on SPG.com. We shall see how they treat me, a mere Gold.
Your Gold status shouldn't be relevant on a Priceline booking. But I will be interested in your report back to see whether you get a 'priceline room' or if you're treated like any 'ol ordinary guest without status making an entry-level booking.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 6:36 am
Suspended

My sister-in-law and husband had a recent midweek stay on an advance purchase SPG website booking and they were upgraded to a junior suite and they only hold Gold status.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 2:56 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Excellent stay here last night on my Platinum gift award. This may be the best value-property in NYC to use that gift since most of the properties (i.e. W's and ST. Regis) are all cat 6 and higher.

Upgraded to the junior suite. Good space, as described many times in this thread. Since I arrived later on a Saturday afternoon, I found a parking spot directly across the street. The meters must be fed through midnight Saturday. Sunday is free. And, since the meters take credit cards, I was able to print out a ticket good until 1159pm for $12.

Compared to the parking garage price of $50/24 hours, I'd say it was a good economical decision. So - if you're driving and arriving mid-late day Saturday, look for a spot before handing your keys over to the garage....
Old Jun 30, 2009, 8:10 pm

Anyone know if any of the junior suites have twin or double beds?

There are 3 of us traveling and am concerned that by requesting sleeping for the third person, it would put us out of the running for a Platinum upgrade to the junior suite.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by jjgollum
Anyone know if any of the junior suites have twin or double beds?

There are 3 of us traveling and am concerned that by requesting sleeping for the third person, it would put us out of the running for a Platinum upgrade to the junior suite.
I believe junior suites only have Kings. However, they have a double sofa bed, and you can request another rollaway getting a total of 3 beds.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
My sister-in-law and husband had a recent midweek stay on an advance purchase SPG website booking and they were upgraded to a junior suite and they only hold Gold status.
Lucky! I just completed a quick one night stay there (my first) as part of a 4 day 3 *W hotel (LeM, W TS and W Court) hop. As a lowly Gold I don't think the room I got was any kind of upgrade except maybe the view. I was on the 29th floor in a pretty basic king room but there was a very nice Central Park view. Bath products were Peter Thomas Roth and I also had issues with the AC and the ancient iron in the room. Old style TV was also definitely a change. I do have to say that I quite like the location of the hotel in comparison to most other *W I have stayed at in NYC (except for the W TS which is still my favorite overall hotel even with the hectic location). I would probably stay at the LeM again and have it booked for a trip to NYC in December when I will definitely have Plat. status again.....and can hope for a nice upgrade.

Last edited by christianj; Jul 1, 2009 at 9:39 am
Old Jul 1, 2009, 12:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by christianj
... and I also had issues with the AC.
What kind of issues did you have? It's now July and they still have issues with the A/C? I have a stay planned here, but if the room is an oven, I'll pass and stay elsewhere.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Jul 6, 2009 at 11:59 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.