Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Compiled list of future W, aloft and element Starwood properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Compiled list of future W, aloft and element Starwood properties

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2007, 2:25 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Proposed: element Milwaukee -- southwest corner of W. Juneau Ave. and N. Old World 3rd St. 120 hotel rooms. Part of a 30 story building with 80 condos. Catty-corner from the aloft. Pending financing, etc.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 5:52 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
We have a location for my hometown of Raleigh, N.C.: downtown! (On the site of a family friend's long-ago restaurant, no less.) Jack Hegel in last Tuesday's N&O:

Winston Hotels wants to bring another tall tower to downtown - one that could rise 25 stories and feature two hotels and hundreds of condominiums on an entire city block... Winston's plan to include two hotels from two chains in one building is part of a strategy to take on two emerging, diverging sectors of downtown's hospitality landscape: boutique and business class. It attempts to do so in two merging sections of downtown: Fayetteville Street and the Glenwood South entertainment district. It's on the one-acre block bounded by Hillsborough, Edenton, West and Harrington streets, where weathered, one- and two-story buildings now sit. Part of the building will feature an 80-room Aloft, a lifestyle chain owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide. It is the second Aloft planned in the Triangle. The hotels feature rooms with high ceilings and common areas that encourage guests to mingle. The project will also include a 120-room Hampton Inn... But the Winston project, although further away [from the new convention center] than others, might have an advantage in that it will serve visitors to the Glenwood South entertainment district.

(Interesting that they're mixing not just concepts, which seems to be standard these days, but also operating companies.)
Old Apr 24, 2007, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by paytonc
It is the second Aloft planned in the Triangle. The hotels feature rooms with high ceilings and common areas that encourage guests to mingle. The project will also include a 120-room Hampton Inn
That'll make it a bit easier to keep both SPG and HHonors elite status, won't it?

Good catch. This one's been suspected for a while, but I had been unable to determine with certainty about whether there was both an aloft Raleigh and an aloft RDU. Now we know.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 9:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
One of the Kansas City business journals has rumored off and on about a "luxury Starwood" property for a couple of years now. Pretty clear that's a W...no way they'd throw a St. Regis up around here. Locations have varied between Plaza, the new downtown renovation district, and even north of the river in the Briarcliff area (overlooking downtown from 3-4 miles north).

Not sure whether I believe any of it...
Old Apr 25, 2007, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
One of the Kansas City business journals has rumored off and on about a "luxury Starwood" property for a couple of years now. Pretty clear that's a W...no way they'd throw a St. Regis up around here. Locations have varied between Plaza, the new downtown renovation district, and even north of the river in the Briarcliff area (overlooking downtown from 3-4 miles north).

Not sure whether I believe any of it...
Dunno. There are only a few KC area projects of which I am aware. There's an aloft and an element in nearby Leawood, KS. And there's the Kansas City Sports Complex that is soon to become a Sheraton.

At this point, I would say that a W KC is nothing more than a developer's dream. It doesn't sound like any of the proposals have met much success yet.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
The following thread by cordelli has a link to a listing of future NYC hotels including the aloft Brooklyn:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683610

The link lists the aloft location as Duffield St. It is also intresting to note the following additional *W Hotels in the works for NYC:

Sheraton Four Points Soho Village - I think this hotel has been discussed for a while now.
Sheraton Four Points on Eight Ave. & 40th
Sheraton Brooklyn (same location as the aloft)
Sheraton on Canal St.
Sheraton JFK
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sc flier
Dunno. There are only a few KC area projects of which I am aware. There's an aloft and an element in nearby Leawood, KS. And there's the Kansas City Sports Complex that is soon to become a Sheraton.
I knew about the Johnson County props, but hadn't heard that bit about the Sports Complex Sheraton. Hope they are spending some cash on fixing it up: I've stayed there when it was an Adams Mark, and it's a pretty drab property. The only compelling reason to ever stay there is for a Chiefs game, and even that is suspect. (If you're here for the Royals, you'll probably enjoy staying on the Plaza or downtown more - just drive out to the K for the game.)

At this point, I would say that a W KC is nothing more than a developer's dream. It doesn't sound like any of the proposals have met much success yet.
Agreed - the one about a W in the Northland seemed the quirkiest of all.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
The link lists the aloft location as Duffield St. It is also intresting to note the following additional *W Hotels in the works for NYC:

Sheraton Four Points Soho Village - I think this hotel has been discussed for a while now.
Sheraton Four Points on Eight Ave. & 40th
Sheraton Brooklyn (same location as the aloft)
Sheraton on Canal St.
Sheraton JFK
Correct. The aloft Brooklyn and the Sheraton Brooklyn are going in together at 216-228 Duffield St near Willoughby St.

4P SoHo Village has indeed been discussed for a very long time. It has been sounding as if it is finally coming along and really will open soon.

"Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square" seems to be the official name for the 4P at 8th and W 40th. (West 40th -- Not 40th in Brooklyn.)

On Canal St is the Sheraton Tribeca. There have been some significant foundation construction problems at this location, so expect this opening to be delayed.

The new Sheraton JFK Airport is unrelated to the old Sheraton JFK that left Starwood a year or so ago and became a Crowne Plaza. Location: 132-26 S Conduit Ave, Jamaica, NY.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 8:29 am

Proposed: aloft Memphis - 67 Madison Ave in the former Union Planters Bank building. August 2009.
Old May 5, 2007, 11:18 pm

Looks like Buckhead (Atlanta) will finally be getting a W, which is long overdue IMO. The Crowne Plaza in Buckhead is set to become the W next year. Atlanta is slated to have 3 new W hotels (Sheraton Colony Square in midtown and another W downtown at Allen Plaza).

The rendering get a ^ from me and the this hotel will be steps away from the Westin Buckhead.

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/.../0504bizw.html
Old May 7, 2007, 3:17 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Post W Hotels Announces Major Hotel Development in Atlanta's Exclusive Buckhead Community

Confirming the report in the _AJC_:

Press Release Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

W Hotels Announces Major Hotel Development in Atlanta's Exclusive Buckhead Community
Monday May 7, 10:06 am ET
W Hotels Worldwide and Noble Investment Group to Open W Atlanta-Buckhead in 2008; Property will Feature the Designs of Style Guru Thom Filicia

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT - News) today announced that it will introduce a new W Hotel to the Buckhead section of Atlanta, Georgia. The property is being developed by Noble Investment Group, a leading private equity fund and hospitality organization focused on the North American lodging sector. In a $100 million re-development, the W Atlanta-Buckhead will open the summer of 2008 in the heart of the Buckhead district where the Crowne Plaza hotel is currently located on Peachtree Road.

The world renowned Buckhead community is recognized for its elegant homes and the more than 1,400 luxury retail stores such as Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany's, Kenneth Cole, Versace, and Cartier that line its streets as well as its prominent corporate headquarters. Additionally, the area is poised for even more growth over the next several years as significant new luxury residential, retail and office developments are being completed and will become part of the powerful Buckhead skyline.

Press Release
Old May 19, 2007, 7:49 am

Rumor: W New York - Brooklyn

"In the fall, the Lam Group is expected to complete a 300-room Sheraton and a 200-room Starwood Aloft Hotel, a spinoff of its W Hotel chain. These properties will be adjoining lots at 216–228 Duffield St. near Willoughby Street. Real estate sources said a luxury hotel, possibly Brooklyn's first W Hotel, may be headed to Flatbush Avenue."

http://www.nysun.com/article/49594?page_no=2
Old May 19, 2007, 8:40 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Update in Toronto - the W deals fell through, there will be an element beside the aloft
Old May 23, 2007, 12:51 pm

Programs: United 2 million lifetime Marriott Titanium LiCo Plat Hertz Plat spg plat former Co Chairmans Circle
W Providence

Providence has announced that a W will be built.
Old May 23, 2007, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by hvnflyer
Providence has announced that a W will be built.
I haven't paid as much attention to the W list as I have to the element and aloft lists. Last I heard, the W in Providence at 110 Westminster St, will occupy half of the building. The other half will be luxury condos.

I also have another addition that has been discussed in other threads:
W Baha Mar - Cable Beach, Bahamas - 2011

Just approved: aloft Glendale, AZ -- targetted to open in January -- just in time for the 2008 Super Bowl. Location in the new Gateway Development is "just west of Loop 101 on the northwest corner of 99th and Glendale avenues." This is in the NW part of the Pheonix metro area.

Last edited by sc flier; May 23, 2007 at 9:33 pm Reason: added aloft Glendale

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.