Compiled list of future W, aloft and element Starwood properties

Subscribe
Quote: Im compelled to respond bcs I am a Milanese, and trust me when I tell you there are not many around anymore but plenty of people that say they are, if your Milanese de Milan ta se'.
LOL, I will only comment on this, even if OT here, as the rest would only have us bickering.
My family's presence in Milan is documented since the mid 18th century, so yes, definitely Milanese
Two more alofts:

Las Colinas (DFW), Texas; O'Connor Road and State Highway 114, 136 rooms, breaks ground 20 March. Developers: Hillwood, Aimbridge Hospitality, Champ Hospitality LP and JF Capital Advisors. (Hillwood's chairman is Ross Perot Jr.; they also developed W Victory in Dallas.)

Milwaukee downtown; Knapp & Old World 3rd (on the river, north end of downtown), 120 rooms. Starwood has not made formal commitment. Across from a new Kimpton hotel. Developers: Ruvin, Gatehouse Capital.

C'mon, Starwood, more hotels in Real Life, fewer for those shut-ins on Second Life!
Announcing aloft Brussels, Scheduled To Arrive in 2009
Press Release Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

Starwood Hotels Brings a New Twist in Travel to Europe
Monday March 12, 3:37 pm ET
Announcing aloft Brussels, Scheduled To Arrive in 2009 -- Deal signed at 10th Annual International Hotel Investment Forum in Berlin with Thornsett Group

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--aloha! Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT - News) and its much-anticipated new lifestyle brand, aloftSM hotels, announced it has signed an agreement with Thornsett Group Ltd, an Irish property development company, to develop the first aloft hotel in Europe, the aloft Brussels, Belgium. The deal was signed at the 10th International Hotel Investment Forum in Berlin last week, when Starwood and its stylish W Hotels division introduced their aloft brand into the Europe, Middle East & Africa regions.

The 150 guestroom aloft Brussels will be located on Rue Belliard, Leopold, in the 'European' quarter of Brussels. The property is conveniently located approximately 800 feet from the European Commission and European Parliament buildings, and just minutes away from the Council of Ministers building.

Press Release
Quote: WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--aloha!]
aloha? In Brussels?
Quote: aloha? In Brussels?
LOL. It's apparently an aloft brand thing.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Quote: LOL. It's apparently an aloft brand thing.
Really? (I'm having a hard time interpreting the .)

If so, that seems kinda silly. Though perhaps no more silly than the brand's parent, W Hotels, and all their wonderful, whismical, wowsy crap.

Oh well. . . Aloha!
Quote: Really? (I'm having a hard time interpreting the .)

If so, that seems kinda silly. Though perhaps no more silly than the brand's parent, W Hotels, and all their wonderful, whismical, wowsy crap.

Oh well. . . Aloha!
The means that I had a hard time interpreting where it was coming from myself. But, after the umptenth internal document from aloft beginning with the word "aloha", I've come to a decision that it is probably something that is brand-related. How? Sorry...I missed that meeting.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Quote: If so, that seems kinda silly. Though perhaps no more silly than the brand's parent, W Hotels, and all their wonderful, whismical, wowsy crap.
Sometimes that crap isn't received as the marketing folks intend. At the end of my latest stay at a W, the front desk got a complaint note from me with a headline "What's Wrong?" and every issue emphasized with a W word. "Whatever, whenever" doesn't have a positive connotation in my mind.

Hopefully, the staff at aloft won't be so aloof. My vote would be to get rid of the "Aloha" stuff before it gets too integrated. Unless there's going to be a whole Hawaiian theme, it just sounds stupid to me. (And stupid is far worse than silly.)
Have added the last couple of properties and have also changed the format of the OP to make the listings of the hotels easier to follow. I originally listed the hotels in order of the "anticipated" open dates but this got way to confusing. I now have the hotels listed alphabetically according to country or state. I really hope this makes the listing easier to follow.

Based on a recommendation by sc flier who is helping enormously to keeping this list updated, I have requested that the moderator alter the title of the thread so we can add future element hotels to the listing. Once the title is changed, I will add the element hotels I got from sc flier to the list. A big thanks to everyone else posting updates!
http://www.examiner.com/a-517303~Thr..._Millbrae.html

I assume that this is what is already listed as aloft San Francisco Airport. Here's some detail about the three hotels to be built on 8 acres at 401 E. Millbrae Ave, Millbrae, CA:
aloft -- 167 rooms
element -- 124 rooms
unknown -- 120 rooms
Completion by Fall 2008.

Land is now owned by Starwood Hotels. (And this makes me even more curious about the unnamed third hotel for this site.) This is directly next to the Westin SFO.
A big thanks to AZ Travels the World for changing the title of the thread. Element Hotels have been added to the OP and are listed in Green. Thanks again sc flier for the listing!
Yesterday's press release regarding the aloft Brussels also presented a new name for the aloft Montreal Airport: "aloft Dorval." I'm not sure which name will stand.
I can confirm an aloft Bentonville/Rogers, AR (will technically be in Rogers) per Starwood Development, Also a Westin and Sheraton are planned there.
W Hotels Heads for the Southern Gateway of China
Press Release Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

W Hotels Heads for the Southern Gateway of China
Thursday March 15, 3:34 pm ET
W Guangzhou Hotel & Residences to Debut in 2010

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT - News), today announced the continued expansion of W Hotels across the globe with plans for its third hotel in China. The W Guangzhou will make its debut in 2010, offering 320 guest rooms and 167 luxury residences, in addition to the innovative design and full-range of branded amenities guests have come to expect of W Hotels.

Ideally located in China's largest southern coastal city, Zhujiang New Town, the W Guangzhou will be the cornerstone of a new upscale, mixed-use complex which will feature luxury boutiques and shops. Developed as an extension of the existing central business district, Zhujiang New Town is anticipated to become the new recreation and entertainment center in Guangzhou with existing facilities such as the Warner Brothers Movie Theatre, retail malls, entertainment venues, a high-end residential development, and the Guangzhou Opera House and Museum.

Press Release
W in Guangzhou - Whoa!
No plans to go there anytime soon but maybe this will be the incentive.