Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Compiled list of future W, aloft and element Starwood properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Compiled list of future W, aloft and element Starwood properties

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2008, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I've got a little "inside information" that says there is one in the planning stages in Libertyville, IL. An Aloft will be near the intersection of Milwaukee (Rte 21) and townline road (Rte 60)....but you didn't hear it from me! :-)
Old Jan 4, 2008, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by sc flier
Actually, this hotel, the St Regis Baha Mar, and the St Regis Bahia Beach have been assigned incorrect locations in Starwood's list. This address at S Pine Island Rd is for a marketing office rather than for the hotel. This hotel is already correctly on your list for Cable Beach, Bahamas, near Nassau.

The St Regis Baha Mar is at the same complex near Nassau.

The St Regis Bahia Beach is coming to Puerto Rico -- just a few miles away from the site of the former Westin Rio Mar.
Makes more sense! I will remove the W for Plantation, FL from the OP and move the W Baha Mar to the "future" international section from the "rumor" section and add the Dec. 2011 date.

Last edited by christianj; Jan 4, 2008 at 8:31 am
Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:50 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
W Huntington Beach, CA -- 250 rooms. 92 residences. Opens 2010. Developer: Makar Properties LLC. Location is in the Pacific City project.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 8:09 pm

Update: News regarding aloft Fells Point, Maryland, says that it is still planned. Looks more like 2011 rather than 2008, though.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:31 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Club Presidents Circle
Apologize if this is the wrong thread...

Does anyone have any ideas on when reservations will be available for the first aloft in CA:
Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga

Estimated opening on 07/01/2008.

Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 9:10 am

When do reservations open for new properties & why does it say No SPG Participation?

There's no standard for when reservations open for a new property, but I would say that typical is about 2 months prior to opening. Across all Starwood hotel brands, I would say that it could range from a couple weeks to 5 months prior. But for aloft and element hotels (which are not large properties), I'm expecting reservations to open up no more than 3 months prior.

I expect that they will all participate in SPG. But once their hotel homepages begin to appear, most will probably start off saying "No SPG Participation." They'll probably announce the category around the same time that they start accepting reservations.

Of course, don't consider the currently published opening dates to be set in stone. They could move in either direction. Many already have.

Broken Record Reference

Last edited by sc flier; Jan 21, 2008 at 4:34 pm Reason: fine tuning my answer
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:52 am

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting a proposed aloft near the new W at Allen Plaza.

"Post Properties is seeking $28.9 million for Post Park at 16 Allen Plaza, which will have 463 apartments and a 229-room Aloft Hotel. Aloft and W are Starwoods Hotels and Resorts brands."

An aloft and an element hotel are also proposed in Buckhead near the intersection of Piedmont and Peachtree Roads.

It has already been noted here on FT that the W Atlanta Perimeter Center is up for sale. The terms of the sale allow the buyer to continue operating it as a W or to leave the Starwood fold.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 2:28 pm

Programs: SPG, AA: PLAT; Hilton: Diamon, UAL: Premier Exec; IC_PriClub; 308 hours flying Boeing 707's
Printed News on W Hotel Boston

"According to the Boston Redevelopment Authority (BRA), Starwood is building a W Hotel on the corner of Stuart and Tremont Streets, for an expected opening in 2009. The hotel is expected to have about 235 rooms and just over 120 condominium units. It will also house 12,000 square feet of retail, restaurant and spa space.
The site was originally approved in June of 2001, under the heading of the Loews Hotel Project. Due to the economic downturn soon after, the project never progressed."

-- Travel New England, "Starwood makes move with Boston Properties," January 2008, pp. 4

Personal note: Ground was broken in November, 2007. In December of 2008 they had excavated down about 40 feet. In January 2008 they have fenced off the area and construction crews seem ready to pour concrete.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:06 am

Starwood's thelobby.com has an article today about the upcoming W New York-Downtown. Included is a link to a website for the property.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 6:07 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
aloft video on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFT-gjdCgMM

Just to set the mood.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Feb 4, 2008, 6:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
thanks for sharing William!!!

Enough with the pink :P
Old Feb 10, 2008, 8:34 pm

Programs: SPG, AA: PLAT; Hilton: Diamon, UAL: Premier Exec; IC_PriClub; 308 hours flying Boeing 707's
W Boston loaded on spg.com

The W Boston has appeared as a selection on spg.com since this time last week. It has a physical address: 100 Stuart Street, a non-Boston phone number: (202) 629-3587 and an opening date (estimated of course) of July 31, 2009. It's spg property number is 1787. ^ The same year the members of the Constitutional Convention authored the document.

Rumor has it that Otis & Ahearn, http://www.otisahearn.com/ will be marketing some of the residences, but I haven't heard anything official.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 6:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Sorry this is not a W, but really did not think it deserved its own thread but this was in the OrlandoSentinel this morning!

Hotel for business travelers to be built

A ground-blessing ceremony was scheduled for this past weekend for a four-star Westin hotel planned for the Lake Mary/Heathrow area. The hotel, which will cater to business travelers, will be built on International Parkway near State Road 46A. Westin plans to break ground at the site near the end of the second quarter, and said the 263-room hotel will be the only Westin in Central Florida. The Grand Bohemian in downtown Orlando dropped the Westin flag more than a year ago, opting to market itself under its own brand. The Westin brand is owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide.

The Westin Imagine is opening in June so this story is not totally correct.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Sorry this is not a W, but really did not think it deserved its own thread but this was in the OrlandoSentinel this morning!

Hotel for business travelers to be built

A ground-blessing ceremony was scheduled for this past weekend for a four-star Westin hotel planned for the Lake Mary/Heathrow area....

The Westin Imagine is opening in June so this story is not totally correct.
I can't say that I've heard of having a "ground blessing" months before an actual "ground breaking." Though it doesn't carry it in the name, the WDW Swan is also Westin-affiliated.

While this might not be breaking news, I would recommend starting a new thread if folks want to share news regarding future properties outside of the topic of this particular thread. There are way too many other new properties to manage them all in this thread. Here's the approximate count of all future properties that I currently have in my database by brand:
68 Sheraton
22 St Regis
76 Westin
22 Element
14 Luxury Collection
19 Le Meridien
60 Four Points
97 Aloft
46 W Hotels

Nearly all of these (including The Westin Lake Mary, North Orlando scheduled for Sept 2009 but likely to be delayed, IMO) are in my GE mapping files.

I have considered starting a thread similar to this one for broad discussion of upcoming properties within other brands. Perhaps with a list of upcoming St Regis properties, for example?

christianj has generously contributed time and effort to maintain the list at the start of this thread for W, aloft, and element. PM me (and/or the mods) if someone else would like to get involved in maintaining a similar list for another brand. I'd be willing to help get someone started. (But a wiki would be a better approach, IMO.)
Old Feb 18, 2008, 9:20 am

Programs: United 2 million lifetime Marriott Titanium LiCo Plat Hertz Plat spg plat former Co Chairmans Circle
New Haven

Starwood Development people are presently looking at a deal in New Haven near Yale. It would be a condo-hotel project

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.