Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Points transfer: SPG to Marriott; still possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

Up until a few few days ago we could move points freely between the 2 sites, instantly.

Is this still possible??

I thought all points would be automatically migrated across on 18/08 but it seems not...?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Why do you still want to do that?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by williamluk
Why do you still want to do that?
to combine points to make a booking using my higher status with one program... any ideas ?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:04 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
My SPG points were not automatically multiplied times three and migrated to my Marriott Reward account. My SPG and Marriott accounts now only show my Marriott Rewards points, but not my SPG points, which have disappeared. Perhaps this is something that will get worked our over the next few days. Fingers crossed!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Refer to this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-accounts.html
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by drmish1

to combine points to make a booking using my higher status with one program... any ideas ?
I doubt you can do that anymore. The online accounts merge function should be up soon (suppose to be today). Think you have to wait . . . . .
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by drmish1
Hi all,

Up until a few few days ago we could move points freely between the 2 sites, instantly.

Is this still possible??

I thought all points would be automatically migrated across on 18/08 but it seems not...?
The function to transfer with (1 Starpoint = 3 Rewards points) is no longer available.

Starpoints no longer exist. Your Starpoint balance has been multiplied by 3, and they're now simply points.

Soon, you'll be able to combine accounts into a single account. Then you'll have a single ID. You'll have access to all you points. And all your activity this year will count toward Elite qualification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.