Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Earning SPG plat this year = what next year?

Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.

If I earn platinum via legacy SPG stays by end of year... will I be platinum next year with Marriott, or would I get bumped up to platinum premier?

If I wouldnt... how can I ensure I earn platinum premier this year to have for next?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Westin
If I earn platinum via legacy SPG stays by end of year... will I be platinum next year with Marriott, or would I get bumped up to platinum premier?

If I wouldnt... how can I ensure I earn platinum premier this year to have for next?
if you earn Plat this year you will be ... guess what ... plat in 2019. Pretty easy to earn PP as well ... just meet the requirements for PP. Not sure what I am missing here.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Thought Plat converted to Plat premier but guess thats only if you were Marriott plat.

Are there any ways to fast track to PP for next year if youre platinum now?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Originally Posted by Westin
Thought Plat converted to Plat premier but guess thats only if you were Marriott plat.

Are there any ways to fast track to PP for next year if youre platinum now?
Only way to get PP is 75 nights.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mtftw
Only way to get PP is 75 nights.
yup,it's as simple as that.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Life, EI Concierge, BA Silver
Add on to original question - if i'm qualifying for Plat by legacy SPG stays in 2018 - do i have to stay at legacy SPG hotels?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by keatm1
Add on to original question - if i'm qualifying for Plat by legacy SPG stays in 2018 - do i have to stay at legacy SPG hotels?
Yes, to qualify for the new program's Platinum Elite with stays, those stays must be at SPG legacy properties.

You can qualify with 25 stays at 11 brands. Or you can qualify with 50 nights across all 29 brands.

2018 is the final year to qualify with stays.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:18 am

I just checked my account, and both my husband and I were upgraded from Gold to Platinum Elite. Did this happen to anyone else? Is it a glitch?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Is there anywhere on the website where it shows your legacy SPG stay counts? ie how will I know I requalified? I know myself by keeping track but I'm not 100% trusting this all yet...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Horace
Yes, to qualify for the new program's Platinum Elite with stays, those stays must be at SPG legacy properties.

You can qualify with 25 stays at 11 brands. Or you can qualify with 50 nights across all 29 brands.

2018 is the final year to qualify with stays.
I am already a Marriott platinum this year and have just about hit my 75 nights. I want to also get my 25 stays with SPG to add a year of Platinum to my lifetime total. If I combine my accounts (ie merge them as available starting today) will my spg property stays count towards spg 25 platinum or just add to my overall count at Marriott? I have 12 stays already this year at spg, 3 planned and going to move some stays to starwood to get my 25 but I was wondering if I should hold off merging accounts. Ie Once merged will starwood stays be considered just marriott stays like they will be in 2019.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by AndrewT84
Is there anywhere on the website where it shows your legacy SPG stay counts? ie how will I know I requalified? I know myself by keeping track but I'm not 100% trusting this all yet...
Yeah, I wonder where it's stored.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by keatm1
Yes.

All 29 hotel brands count if you want to qualify by nights. However, only the 11 SPG legacy brands count if you want to qualify by stays under SPG legacy rules.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.