Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa, El Vendrell, near Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa, El Vendrell, near Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:27 pm

How to transfer by public transport from the airport to the hotel? (Taxi is 100-150EUR as I read)

How to transfer by public transfer from the hotel to Barcelona centre?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by TimWong
How to transfer by public transport from the airport to the hotel? (Taxi is 100-150EUR as I read)
Mon-bus has buses from the airport to El Vendrell. You can either get off at Calafell (closer to the hotel - but not sure how far exactly the bus stop is), or go to El Vendrell and then local bus L3 which has a stop close to the hotel. (Warning: there are only a few local L3 buses a day, it's not a regular service! So maybe you should take a - cheaper - taxi from the bus station to the hotel.)

The El Vendrell municipality has a page in English on transport options.

Originally Posted by TimWong
How to transfer by public transfer from the hotel to Barcelona centre?
For this I would use the local train system, Rodalies. Ask in the hotel which station is easier to get to: Sant Vicenc de Calders (bigger station, more trains) or Calafell (just a stop, but closer to the hotel).

Disclaimer: I have not done these myself but I have looked into the options because I was planning to spend a few nights at this hotel...

Last edited by Koby; Sep 10, 2013 at 12:13 am Reason: added link to Renfe/Rodalies
Old Sep 10, 2013, 2:17 am

@Koby, many thanks for your reply.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by stimpy
And yes it is very kid friendly. They even have a nice kids play room where I think they baby sit during the high season. But you can take your kid there yourself in October. Just get the key from the front desk. The only non-kid thing is the indoor pool in the spa area. That is adults only.
I'm planning a trip in late May and was browsing the website and noticed this:

"Please take note that Le Méridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa is not ideal for children. In order to ensure a relaxing atmosphere for all of our guests, children must be supervised at all times. Children should not play any games that may bother other guests. Please contact the resort for further information."

Has the hotel had a change in heart towards children?

Regardless, looking forward to a great 5 night stay in May!
Old Jan 3, 2014, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by dchang1

"Please take note that Le Méridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa is not ideal for children. In order to ensure a relaxing atmosphere for all of our guests, children must be supervised at all times. Children should not play any games that may bother other guests. Please contact the resort for further information."

The hotel is closed now for renovation I think. Maybe they are getting rid of the kids center. No idea. But there is still the beach right outside the door for your kids to play on.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by dchang1

wow....doesn't sound child friendly at all....
Old Jan 4, 2014, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Some perspective here. The reason they have (or had?) a kids center complete with babysitter for free, is that they never wanted kids running around the hotel. And kids aren't allowed in the spa area, which should be for obvious reasons. The older folks are there to relax.

Kids have the kids center to play in, and of course the beach is very kid friendly (minus the possibility of drowning!). But they have never wanted kids running around screaming in the common areas, nor have they ever been allowed in the spa area or indoor pool.

I've brought kids on every stay and each time it's been great for them.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Anyone who knows if only the cheapest room category (rooms without balcony) are available as connecting rooms? Would be great with connecting room and balcony.

I have read in this thread thtat there are a huge supermarked five min awai by car, but are there any small supermarkeds in walking distance.

Do the rooms have water boilers for tea or coffe?

Waiting for a reply from the property, but Flyertalk is often more quicker source for information.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 3:08 pm

My room was a larger type (with balcony), and there was no connecting door. Doesn't tell you much, I know... But I don't really see where they could put the door (these rooms are stacked on two levels).

No kettle/coffee in my room, from memory - but it's possible I forgot, as I don't drink the stuff…

There are a few small shops around from memory - but outside the hotel and beach resort, it's not a particularly pleasant area. So, either be prepared to lock yourself away in the resort, or be prepared to travel…

I know I don't sound like I'm selling the place... But the property itself is fabulous. I had a fantastic stay there last month. The expansive lobby and renovated downstairs area is really impressive.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 3:35 pm

New daily shuttle to Barcelona

From the property's website:
As from July 1st. 2014, Le Méridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa offers daily shuttle service to Barcelona, ​​to visit the city or do your shopping easily.

Departure from Le Méridien Ra to Barcelona at 09:30

Return from Barcelona to Le Méridien Ra at 19:00

Price: EUR 5 per person/way

Advance reservation is required. To make your booking, you can use the form in your right or you can make your reservation directly in the hotel.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Chriscross
I have read in this thread thtat there are a huge supermarked five min awai by car, but are there any small supermarkeds in walking distance.
If you walk along the beach boardwalk for about 3-5 minutes (turning left as you leave the hotel), you'll find some small shops, restaurants, etc.

Restaurants were mediocre and over-priced. Much better value at the hotel itself actually.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:41 pm

do they have a club lounge for platinum guests?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Lifetime TE
Originally Posted by chamsters
do they have a club lounge for platinum guests?
Nope. In fact, here now, and as a Plat I was underwhelmed with the Plat recognition I was led to expect in this thread -- not to mention with the overall quality of service, which has been rather mixed. All in, for us an OK place and experience, but hardly as good as some others have reported, and I don't think we'll be returning.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by badah
Nope. In fact, here now, and as a Plat I was underwhelmed with the Plat recognition I was led to expect in this thread -- not to mention with the overall quality of service, which has been rather mixed. All in, for us an OK place and experience, but hardly as good as some others have reported, and I don't think we'll be returning.

disappointing! thanks for the post though room upgrade at least i hope?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Lifetime TE
Originally Posted by chamsters
disappointing! thanks for the post though room upgrade at least i hope?
Yes, we used 3 SNAs to be sure of getting the best possible room, and they cleared almost immediately once we got within the 5 day window--so upgrades do happen--but not sure it was a good use of SNAs, not just because others report Plat upgrades without using them but because of the suites made available. We were offered a prestige suite (and other non-suite lesser options which we didn't select as SNA options) and got a prestige suite, but I think the suites in that category vary, at least in terms of number of windows and view. Our view was of the beach/ocean, but only one window (the one next door had three windows of equal size, though the next suite down the hall also had only one--not sure about others), which wasn't really a window you'd easily look through due to its location, except in standing in middle of the cave formed by the bedroom and living room or in front of the window itself. Front desk manager Rick was kind enough to move us to a duplex suite the next night (after I requested a downgrade to get at least a terrace which some non-suites have) once some middle eastern royalty (literally) concluded their stay, and that upgrade was (actually still is!) much nicer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.