Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

LEAVING SPG Apr 30, 2014: Four Points Historic Savannah, Georgia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEAVING SPG Apr 30, 2014: Four Points Historic Savannah, Georgia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:17 pm

Any recent stays? Looking at this property for late December.

Cheers,
Old Dec 4, 2013, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Flews

Cheers,
Still looking for updates, thanks.

Cheers,
Old Dec 4, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
It's just ok

I stay here once a month on business because the rate is so good. Older posts are accurate. It is in a decent location downtown, but on the edge of a really bad neighborhood. Short walk to the city market and the river. The hotel is just ok. Staff turnover is high. Rooms are worn and dated. No central air/heat in the room it's a wall air/heat unit. In December the rate for the Westin should be low and it is very nice. I would stay across the river, unless you are on a strict budget.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Agreed with the above. It was just okay for us. On our more recent visits, we moved over to the Westin and take the ferry to get out to downtown.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:49 am

Thanks for the updates!

Cheers,
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by Flews

Cheers,
Did you end up staying, Flews?
We're looking at this for a one night stay for a quick two day visit (tacking on to Charleston) at the end of April.

Can't beat the price or the location, neighborhood doesn't concern me too much.

Thanks all
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by travellingcari
Did you end up staying, Flews?
We're looking at this for a one night stay for a quick two day visit (tacking on to Charleston) at the end of April.

Can't beat the price or the location, neighborhood doesn't concern me too much.

Thanks all
Actually, we changed our travel plans completely, never made it to Savannah after all, sorry.

Cheers,
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Angry Leaving SPG?

I heard this hotel is leaving SPG in July, are the rumors true?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by Beachsc
I heard this hotel is leaving SPG in July, are the rumors true?
If no one finds out sooner, I'll advise after my stay this spring.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:50 am

Leaving Starwood on April 30, 2014

Leaving Starwood on April 30, 2014:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo...ropertyID=1758
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by James Luckard
Leaving Starwood on April 30, 2014:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo...ropertyID=1758
and I am just getting in by the skin of my teeth. We stay 4/27.

Thanks for the update.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:11 pm

They're already answering the phone as Hilton/Doubletree

so far, my reservation is fine on SPG.com and the official date appears to be 4/30. My reservation is 4/27. Will I have any issues?
I called the hotel on another matter and they could see my reservations clearly, so I think I'm OK. Anything I should be worried about?

Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
This loss will leave SPG with one property in Savannah, while Hilton will have over in the historic district alone. Pretty sad.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
This loss will leave SPG with one property in Savannah, while Hilton will have over in the historic district alone. Pretty sad.
Agreed. Hyatt also has two properties in the historic district and Marriott has a whopping six! Meanwhile, Starwood now has one... across the river... with resort fees... and water taxi service that is likely not running when you need to get back to your room after a late night doing what you do in Savannah. Sigh.

Of course, I'm not sad to see the Four Points going away ... I just hope Starwood is planning to open something else in the historic district (away from the ghetto). We have trips to Savannah planned for next month and next February to visit our close friend (Howie from Frugal Travel Guy). We're staying at Hyatt properties for both visits (Hyatt Regency next month, Andaz next February)... and these were booked a few months ago just to show you our absolute disdain for the 4PSAV.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by jibi
Agreed. Hyatt also has two properties in the historic district and Marriott has a whopping six! Meanwhile, Starwood now has one... across the river... with resort fees... and water taxi service that is likely not running when you need to get back to your room after a late night doing what you do in Savannah. Sigh.

Of course, I'm not sad to see the Four Points going away ... I just hope Starwood is planning to open something else in the historic district (away from the ghetto). We have trips to Savannah planned for next month and next February to visit our close friend (Howie from Frugal Travel Guy). We're staying at Hyatt properties for both visits (Hyatt Regency next month, Andaz next February)... and these were booked a few months ago just to show you our absolute disdain for the 4PSAV.
Of this trip (we're also hitting Charleston), the Savannah hotels were ridiculous. Between the four of us going, we have status at Hilton/Marriott/SPG but the rates were insane. Not expecting a miracle with the 4P, just a clean bed to sleep in before and after exploring Savannah. We nearly decided to make Savannah a day trip and head back to Charleston where the rates are infinitely more reasonable. Gave up on SPG there though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.