Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
Hotel email: [email protected]

Breakfast in the lounge. Platinum arrival gift option: breakfast in a choice of 2 restaurants(The Chinese Restaurant "四川" or Cafe California ) or 1,000 pts.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:46 pm

Programs: SPG Pt.
Originally Posted by ChiCityJetsetter
How can I improve my chances of getting upgraded to this executive suite? I'm checking in on Wednesday for 10 days. I don't really like the reason of not being upgraded because "your stay is too long." Isn't that even more of a reason to upgrade your Platinum customers"

Heck, I'd even be willing to switch rooms halfway through it they aren't willing to give me the suite for the entire stay.
Not likely. If you really needed a suite, switch to Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay. You'll get a big suite, I did get a two Queen Bed suite. And, because this property is close to Disney Land, there are more room types, such as family rooms, than other Sheratons. Anyway, as I mentioned before, this property is not that far from city. Just get a JR day pass, probably 960yan, and start cruising around.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kats
I think it is permanent now that Plats can choose breakfast from room service, set menu at Cafe California, or buffet at the Chinese restaurant.
Is this definite that the buffet breakfast in the Chinese restaurant is a Plat benefit? Are there still all-day drinks in Bamboo provided for Plats?
Old May 10, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: United 1K / Starwood Platinum
showers

Hello...can anyone tell me if the bathrooms have separate shower and bath or is it combined?

I am staying here for the first time. I have always stayed at the Westin but prices their are getting crazy!

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Mixer552
Hello...can anyone tell me if the bathrooms have separate shower and bath or is it combined?

I am staying here for the first time. I have always stayed at the Westin but prices their are getting crazy!

Thanks!
I stayed at the Miyako Tokyo in March (Platinum SPG), and can confirm that the shower and bathtub are combined.
Old May 10, 2010, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat, DL SkyClub, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by todd-r
We used the shuttle to Meguro Stn a number of times and highly recommend it! We also walked down the street one time to Meguro Stn once so we could do some window shopping and stop into the 100 Yen store.
Rather than wait for the shuttle (runs every 15 minutes between the hotel and the Meguro station), I walked the one block--think long side of a NY block--to the nearby Shirokanedei metro station, then rode it one stop to the Meguro station. From there, you can either explore the Meguro shops or easily connect to the JR Yamanote line that circles greater Tokyo.

I just got back a couple of days ago, having spent several days in Osaka, then a few more in Tokyo. Both were extremely simple to navigate via metro.
Old May 10, 2010, 3:37 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by PaperQueen
Rather than wait for the shuttle (runs every 15 minutes between the hotel and the Meguro station), I walked the one block--think long side of a NY block--to the nearby Shirokanedei metro station, then rode it one stop to the Meguro station. From there, you can either explore the Meguro shops or easily connect to the JR Yamanote line that circles greater Tokyo.

I just got back a couple of days ago, having spent several days in Osaka, then a few more in Tokyo. Both were extremely simple to navigate via metro.
I did the same once, but realized it wasn't worth the $2 to get from Shirokanedei to Meguro. I'd only really use Shirokanedei station if I was going somewhere that wasn't on the Yamanote line.
Old May 10, 2010, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by todd-r
We used the shuttle to Meguro Stn a number of times and highly recommend it! We also walked down the street one time to Meguro Stn once so we could do some window shopping and stop into the 100 Yen store.

Regarding the hotel overall, went there as an SPG Gold, using a special rate that included breakfast in any one of the three restaurants (off a set menu in the California restaurant; buffet style in the Chinese restaurant). The location is excellent, if you're comfortable using the metro to get around. The only two "huh?" items are:

1. For evening cocktails, you have the M Bar downstairs (all smoking) and the Bamboo lobby bar upstairs (non-smoking plus smoking areas). If you're a non-smoker, that pretty much means you're upstairs, but....if you're there while the jazz combo is playing each evening, you'll be billed an additional 900 Y for live music. No other non-smoking options for a drink after dinner.

2. There are bizarre popping noises that come from the east facing windows once the sun comes up each morning. According to the desk manager, it's from the heat, and is unavoidable (odd, since one morning the temp was only 16 degrees C / 60 degrees F). The glass and the metal window frame were quite hot to the touch, which meant kicking off a lot of heat into the room. Not awful on a cool day, but the noise woke me up and kept me up each morning, with sunrise well before 5:00 a.m. My guess is the same thing happens at the end of the day in the west facing rooms, but no confirmation there.

On the upside, the staff is extremely friendly, helpful and gracious...the property itself very well kept. Take a stroll through the garden behind the hotel if you have a moment or two; it's a nice way to take a breather before heading off to dinner somewhere.
Old May 10, 2010, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA-1K/GS, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is this definite that the buffet breakfast in the Chinese restaurant is a Plat benefit? Are there still all-day drinks in Bamboo provided for Plats?
Just got back and yes to both questions as a Plat.
Old May 11, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: United 1K / Starwood Platinum
I did the same once, but realized it wasn't worth the $2 to get from Shirokanedei to Meguro. I'd only really use Shirokanedei station if I was going somewhere that wasn't on the Yamanote line.
Thank you! it is the little things that I enjoy..like the separate shower..oh well.
Old May 11, 2010, 12:10 pm

Is this hotel now fully renovated? I want to use spg50, but if there is a risk of getting an older room, I would look into using my spg50 at the Westin. Can anyone help?
Old May 11, 2010, 12:25 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by morefly
...Can anyone help?
If you want to use an SPG50 certificate, only the Customer Contact Center nearest you will be able to help with the decision.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old May 11, 2010, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA-1K/GS, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by morefly
Is this hotel now fully renovated? I want to use spg50, but if there is a risk of getting an older room, I would look into using my spg50 at the Westin. Can anyone help?
Well I am Plat and I just got back from this property. The TV was an old console, so I do not think I was in an upgraded OR renovated room. If it was then they need to redo it.
Old May 12, 2010, 4:10 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
the upgrade is a trick :)

Originally Posted by adisneyfan2
Well I am Plat and I just got back from this property. The TV was an old console, so I do not think I was in an upgraded OR renovated room. If it was then they need to redo it.
I just got back from Tokyo too after 2 weeks. I checked into this hotel about 4 times in the course of my two weeks stay. I had real money booking, cash and points and just plane redeem (on the popular golden week day).

If you get the upgraded deluxe room with 1 Queen size (i think) bed, then the TV is a small old console - it's not even the flat screen console neither. The "deluxe room" features bigger bottles of shampoo and body/face cream (than regular rooms) - which I didn't use much anyways.

Now, if you get a non-upgraded room with two single beds, then you get a LCD- Flat pannel TV and DVD player. Your shampoo, bodywash and face cream are the smaller standard Sharaton size.

So after trying those two types of room, I chose the Flat LCD TV and DVD player instead of a bigger bed.

I skipped the free buffet breakfast 50% of the time because I got up too late. I did use the pool twice and the water was warm - quite nice. There is also a Jaccuzzi. Near the changing area there is the typical Japanese very hot tub, Sauna and shower. There is also a message room with very relaxing sofa type soft chairs and big flat screen tv.

I sometime take the free shuttle bus but sometimes just walk to JR Meguro station - 20 min walk. Think of it as excercise.
Old May 12, 2010, 3:45 pm

Since I was covering the entire city nearly every day (combining Yamanote line with nearly all the rest), I used a Suica cardno need to sweat the individual tickets, which was nice. Definitely got my moneys worth, given how much ground was covered in a mere three days.
Old May 12, 2010, 5:54 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
an excpetionally wonderful thing happened

I want to offer my praise of this hotel because of a very recent experience. It's worth writing becuase it happens so rarely.

I stayed in this hotel 4 times in the last 2 weeks.

On my last stay, after checking out of your hotel, I was waiting for the Airport bus. When the bus did come, I quickly boarded the bus while the hotel staff loads my luggage into the trunk of the bus. Unknowing to me at that time, I actually left TWO very important hand carry packages at the lobby. As the bus took off with me in it, I completely did not realize my mistake. Luckily, one of the hotel staff did!

The Sharaton hotel staff contacted the staff at the next hotel on the Airport bus scheduled stop (i.e. the Hotel Pacific at Shinakawa). When my bus reached its next stop, the staff at Hotel Pacific Shinakawa boarded my bus and alerted me about the two important hand carry packages I left at my hotel.

Furthermore, the Sharaton hotel staff arranged my two packages to be placed on the next Airport bus. I was able to get back both of my hand carry packages on the next airport bus in perfect condition.

I want to offer my praise to whoever the Bell Desk staff was. He/She went beyond his/her responsibility to help me get my hand carry package.

In my years of travel, most times, hotel staff would just hold the lost luggage in a safe place and maybe mail it to me after I call in. That is at least the expectation of what a proper hotel would do.

In some bad hotels, (one was the Ceasers Palace in Las Vegas!) hotel staff or cleaning crew would just keep the item and deny there was exsistance. I left an envelope of $500 foreign currency (read Canadian dollars) when I checked out in 2005. I can only positively think the cleaning crew may have thought it was tips....

Because the hotel staff had gone beyond their call of duty in this situation, they have won my sincere my gratitude. It is also a well-done to management that trained such customer caring staff. It is these occasions that makes a hotel shine and win loyalty among customers.

I wrote a thank you letter to the management of the hotel and hope that the staff responsible at the Bell Desk will get proper praised. I am just sharing my experience here so you all also know the good things that happened to me in this hotel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.