Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Beach Plaza, Monte Carlo, Monaco [Master Thread]

Le Méridien Beach Plaza, Monte Carlo, Monaco [Master Thread]

Old Oct 4, 2010, 3:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
They run this place with clear policies that you get what you pay for. If on an award or discount rate, they make it pretty clear that you're at the bottom of the pecking order.

I had a nice rate with my normal work SET code (199 EUR/night) so I decided to pay for the stay rather than use miles. Rack rate is about 400 EUR this time of year.

I tried to see whether I could preemptively upgrade myself on points but of course the hotel manager never called or emailed me back.

24 hours before the stay, I logged into SPG.com and saw that I was upgraded to a Junior Suite in their system. I realize this isn't a true confirmation, but it was a good sign.

Upon checking in, had a unusual squabble over my SET code as I didn't have a fresh business card with me. Eventually I found a letter w/ my company name on it, but at this time the front desk guy was still rather irritating and put me into a non-renovated, small room and gave me the old "hotel is full" chestnut. I was in a rush so didn't bother to argue though SPG.com implied that the hotel was indeed far from full.

The next day I came down to complain and was put into an ocean view room, which was much nicer looking but still tiny. Also enjoyed a 27 EUR club sandwich in the lobby (!!).

I hate when hotels are stingy with platinum members and this one had that classic "you're not getting a junior suite no matter what" attitude that I see sometimes on the continent. Very disappointing. I wouldn't recommend this unless you're getting a great rate or using points, in which case I'd set your expectations very low.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Question Grand Prix Monaco

Originally Posted by Merlion
...On his complaint to duty manager he was told that he should be happy with his new room, since some people pay more, but get less...
Haha, they should tell such things to me and they will see what can happen

Other question: Can one see the Monaco Grand Prix from the hotel or does one need to purchase a ticket in order to see the race?

According to Google maps it is very close/near/at the Grand Prix
Old Dec 1, 2010, 5:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
This is one of the few hotels we will never return to as long as the current management is in place. We were downgraded on our stay there last year ("this smoking room with two beds is much nicer than the non-smoking King you reserved") and they never admitted doing anything wrong (though Starwood disagreed and eventually gave us a full refund).
Old Dec 2, 2010, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
Haha, they should tell such things to me and they will see what can happen

Other question: Can one see the Monaco Grand Prix from the hotel or does one need to purchase a ticket in order to see the race?

According to Google maps it is very close/near/at the Grand Prix

You can't see the race from the Le Meridien. The Fairmont is as far north as the course goes (hotel-wise). I'd suggest you check out the packages the Fairmont has for the race as they have an amazing view of the hairpin turn. The Le Meridien is a 15/20 minute walk away depending on how fast you walk.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Presidential Suites

The hotel has more than one presidential suite. That irritates me. I thought a hotel has always one presidential suite and maybe some vice presidential suites.

Did anyone stay in the presidential suite? How was the experience? I was last time in an executive suite and it was quite impressive
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:45 am

Just did a very nice 5 days at Le Meridien Beach Plaza. Perfect location and the beach/pool setup is rivaled only by the SBM Monte Carlo Beach Hotel.

We used the public bus system right at the door of the hotel all week like a fat limo.

No resort fee.

You can see photos from the hotel to the beach on my review of the neighboring new Alain Ducasse La Trattoria, within walking distance of Le Meridien.

http://www.6000footdrop.com/6000-foo...-easy-rea.html
Old Jun 7, 2011, 9:33 am

Also here is my review of Alain Ducasse's Le Grill at the Hotel de Paris -- 1 euro three minute bus ride right from the door of Le Meridien...

http://www.6000footdrop.com/6000-foo...ait-staff.html
Old Jul 25, 2011, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by volklboy
Just did a very nice 5 days at Le Meridien Beach Plaza. Perfect location and the beach/pool setup is rivaled only by the SBM Monte Carlo Beach Hotel.

We used the public bus system right at the door of the hotel all week like a fat limo.

No resort fee.

You can see photos from the hotel to the beach on my review of the neighboring new Alain Ducasse La Trattoria, within walking distance of Le Meridien.

http://www.6000footdrop.com/6000-foo...-easy-rea.html
nice report volklboy....i'm considering this property in october to redeem my free resort nights....

what are the options to get to this property from nce????
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:08 am

Auctionair has 3 nights at the Meridien for 400 UK pounds as an unclaimed lot. Seems to have a retail value of about 1000 Euro. If anyone is interested I can forward the email I received with details of how to claim.

The lot description is here http://www.auctionair.co.uk/High-Bid...Lot-10528.aspx

Boring but important:

LOT DEFINITION:
• This Lot is 3 nights at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, Monte Carlo (4-Star) for 2 people.

IT INCLUDES:
• A double, Sea View Executive “Premier Room” in the new Cristal Columns.
• Either Buffet Breakfast or Continental Breakfast in the room.
• All taxes.

IT EXCLUDES:
• Flights and transfers.
• Items of a personal nature.
• This offer is subject to availability between 1st November 2011 - 29th December 2011 & 1st January 2012 - 31th March 2012.
• Surcharges are applicable for additional nights, room upgrades and bookings made outside of these dates – speak to the Auctionair team.
• Subject to availability and blackout dates.
• Charges may be applicable if the reservation is made and later cancelled.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 3:37 am

Programs: AmEx Centurion, SPG Platinum; LH Senator; Sixt Platinum; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Auctionair has 3 nights at the Meridien for 400 UK pounds as an unclaimed lot. Seems to have a retail value of about 1000 Euro. If anyone is interested I can forward the email I received with details of how to claim.

The lot description is here http://www.auctionair.co.uk/High-Bid...Lot-10528.aspx

Boring but important:

LOT DEFINITION:
• This Lot is 3 nights at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, Monte Carlo (4-Star) for 2 people.

IT INCLUDES:
• A double, Sea View Executive “Premier Room” in the new Cristal Columns.
• Either Buffet Breakfast or Continental Breakfast in the room.
• All taxes.

IT EXCLUDES:
• Flights and transfers.
• Items of a personal nature.
• This offer is subject to availability between 1st November 2011 - 29th December 2011 & 1st January 2012 - 31th March 2012.
• Surcharges are applicable for additional nights, room upgrades and bookings made outside of these dates – speak to the Auctionair team.
• Subject to availability and blackout dates.
• Charges may be applicable if the reservation is made and later cancelled.
This lot can be acquired at approximately same value directly from the hotel on dates listed on pre-paid rates. If dates were to include August/September, yes, it is 1000 EUR value or more probable 1200 EUR value. Otherwise, it is overstatement to say that it's 1000 EUR package.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
well i booked the 159 Euro beat the timer promo on spg. let's see how they treat me as a Plat...seems like a good deal, but have never been before.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by JBauer
well i booked the 159 Euro beat the timer promo on spg. let's see how they treat me as a Plat...seems like a good deal, but have never been before.
when is your stay????
Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Merlion
This lot can be acquired at approximately same value directly from the hotel on dates listed on pre-paid rates. If dates were to include August/September, yes, it is 1000 EUR value or more probable 1200 EUR value. Otherwise, it is overstatement to say that it's 1000 EUR package.
We must get different pricing from spg.com as pretty much all dates till the end of the year for the room type specified with breakfast return the following, so I'll stick with my 1000 Euro valuation. I can't see any nights with this room type and breakfast for the equivalent of GBP133/night (Euro152).

Executive Room, Sea View, Balcony, Upper Floor, Cd/dvd Stereo
Le Meridien Breakfast
Terms & Details
EUR 359.00

Last edited by 3544quebec; Aug 2, 2011 at 8:10 pm
Old Sep 5, 2011, 2:53 pm

I'm using my free resort nights later this month..
I believe that Breakfast rates @ the hotel are insane...Any good (and cheap...) BK options around?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by ehud
I'm using my free resort nights later this month..
I believe that Breakfast rates @ the hotel are insane...Any good (and cheap...) BK options around?
I can'r remember how much Breaky costs but I do remember it was excellent.. At the Weekend they normally do special Brunch - Buffet deals - great great choice - highly recomend

Lovely eating outside^

Once was having breaky next to Paolo Rossi (1982...) - that was some experience^

(btw - nothing interesting nearby for Breaky anyway... Some walk to get to bars...)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.