Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton, Edison New Jersey [Master Thread]

Sheraton, Edison New Jersey [Master Thread]

Old Feb 1, 2008, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott, Hertz #1 Club
Arrow Sheraton, Edison New Jersey [Master Thread]

I had a stay at the Sheraton in Edison New Jersey. I did not see any threads about this property and the search engine only brought up random thoughts in old threads. Thought it may helpful to include this trip report.

The Sheraton in Edison is most definitely a business hotel. It is by no means great, but serves its purpose very well.

I received a good welcome from the front desk - platinum points offered and posted. The staff was helpful and alerted me that my platinum status included the free use of the internet in my room (this resulted in my only complaint when it was included on my bill, but quickly removed when I alerted them). They asked if I wanted a wake up call as I checked in, so one less thing for me to do. There was citrus flavored water and a bowl of apples in the lobby in the evening and there was granola bars and coffee in the morning.

The rooms were nice enough - no flat screen, but comfortable bed. I was on a Starwood preferred floor, but it looked like I received nothing "extra".

No question this is a typical business hotel in the middle of New Jersey in a cookie cutter type setting. But it does its job well and was well worth it for the night even though I doive an extra 15 minutes past the Marriott to get me the double starwood stay.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 8:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I stayed at this hotel few months ago. I like it. It does not have any suite but the room on the club floor is nice, comfortable and clean. ^
Old Feb 2, 2008, 6:37 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
As I live nearby, in the past I've used it for M/R's when they offer rates in the $49- 69 range on weekends. Yes, it is a fine hotel for a one night stay, although there isn't much nearby as it is in a business park (Raritan Center). On weekends when the club is closed, as a Plat, I've received coupons for free breakfast and drinks/appitizers in the restaurant. I've never been there for breakfast (M/R ), but the restaurant/cocktail lounge is ok.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 6:43 am

Programs: UA-1K, CO-Elite, SPG-Platinum, Hertz 5*
I stay at this property regularly and always have a positive experience. As has been stated its typically a business stay no frills but gets the job done quite well. ^
Old Feb 3, 2008, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 1 MM; SPG PLT; HH Silver
Smile

I stay at this hotel several times a year and the best thing about this Sheraton is the club lounge. They have the most wonderful hostess there ... she does both breakfast and hor' douvres service and takes care of the guests in a very personable way. The food is usually sufficient that one does not have to eat dinner.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 9:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
I have been staying at this hotel for the month of January in order to requalify for plat via the double stays/nights promo. Its about a 15 minute extra drive from where I'm working, but as of this morning I have 50 nights for 2008 - woo hoo!

Anyways, this is my 4th week here. I agree with the posters in that it is a business hotel. It is pretty much in the middle of nowhere and not really any decent restaurants less than 5-10 minutes away. I found the food at the bar marginal, but the bartender likes the Family Guy and had it playing on the TV so somewhat redeemable. It is a nice touch that in the morning they have someone standing by the hotel entrance handing out mini bottles of water and granola bars.

The first three weeks I was upgraded to the club floor without asking and agree with the reviews of the lounge above. My addition is that in the 3 different rooms I had on the club floor, none of them had decent water pressure in the shower. I am on the 5th floor this week and the water pressure is very good. Also, there is a guy in room 1220 that has been living there this month that has a dog. I was in room 1221 and the dog was barking one of the nights.

I am going to ask them about the internet policy, because I was told platinums don't get free internet the first week I was there. Possibly the desk clerk was wrong on this issue.

2/6/08 - Stopped at the desk and asked if internet is free for Plats. Desk clerk confirmed it was. fyi - 514 is the room with the good shower.

Last edited by mrEzE; Feb 6, 2008 at 6:47 am
Old Feb 4, 2008, 9:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mrEzE
I have been staying at this hotel for the month of January in order to requalify for plat via the double stays/nights promo. Its about a 15 minute extra drive from where I'm working, but as of this morning I have 50 nights for 2008 - woo hoo!

Anyways, this is my 4th week here. I agree with the posters in that it is a business hotel. It is pretty much in the middle of nowhere and not really any decent restaurants less than 5-10 minutes away. I found the food at the bar marginal, but the bartender likes the Family Guy and had it playing on the TV so somewhat redeemable. It is a nice touch that in the morning they have someone standing by the hotel entrance handing out mini bottles of water and granola bars.

The first three weeks I was upgraded to the club floor without asking and agree with the reviews of the lounge above. My addition is that in the 3 different rooms I had on the club floor, none of them had decent water pressure in the shower. I am on the 5th floor this week and the water pressure is very good. Also, there is a guy in room 1220 that has been living there this month that has a dog. I was in room 1221 and the dog was barking one of the nights.

I am going to ask them about the internet policy, because I was told platinums don't get free internet the first week I was there. Possibly the desk clerk was wrong on this issue.
I dont get it, you said you were on the 2-1 promo, thusly you now have 50 nights that means you were there for at least 25 nights,WHY? Seems you were staying just to get Plat and didnt really have to stay there. Did you know that 12 non-consectutive Stays would have given you 24 stay credits, and 25 stay credits gives you Plat.

even if you had to stay in a Hotel, I would have switched off between Edison and Woodbridge so that I would have gotten a 500 Plat gift each stay, after my 13th stay I would have been at a Hilton or Marriott prop in the area to build up status or requalify with them as well
Old Feb 4, 2008, 11:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
I'm just not as hardcore as some of the other board members - switching hotels every night would drive me nuts. In addition, my hotel limit for this engagement was $139, which is doable at the Edison but not always at Woodbridge. And I think it makes the expense submissions look a little weird when you have a hotel receipt for every night instead of one for the week.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 4:24 am
iwc

Just stayed at the Sheraton Edison and was told that the hotel will be closing June 1 through the end of the year for a renovation. This fact is confirmed on SPG.com and reservations beyond June 1 cannot be booked.

The rumor at the hotel is that once it closes it will not return under the Sheraton brand.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 5:49 am
iwc

Based on the fact that reservations gave me an email address for any questions about the closure addressed to the GM that ends in sheratonradison.com, my guess is that it will be rebranded Radisson after the renovation. Shame to loose a reasonably priced alternative for the Metro NY area.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 6:44 am

Bummer. Very few SPG hotels in that area, and the price there was always right.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 9:29 am
Suspended

I'll miss her, she was great for a MR during the good promo times
Old Apr 12, 2008, 10:50 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, United Premierl Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by iwc
Based on the fact that reservations gave me an email address for any questions about the closure addressed to the GM that ends in sheratonradison.com, my guess is that it will be rebranded Radisson after the renovation. Shame to loose a reasonably priced alternative for the Metro NY area.
the email address is at sheratonedison not sheratonradisson
Old Apr 13, 2008, 4:48 am
iwc

Originally Posted by jottoson
the email address is at sheratonedison not sheratonradisson
You are correct that is what it shows online however when I called the Platinum Concierge she was very specific that it read sheratonradison (spelled incorrectly) in the hotel profile. Further she gave me a specific person as opposed to the general email box which is what appears online.
Old May 22, 2008, 7:19 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, HH DIA, MR, UA 1k
Thumbs up Sheraton Edison: Talked to the New GM

The plans for this hotel is to totally redo it from June through December 1st. It will have the latest Sheraton internet cafe with a real Starbucks.

The new ownership group took over in October and they plan to keep it a Sheraton.

Hopefully it will keep the mattress run pricing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.