Search
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Singapore St Regis [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:36 am

I had an opposite experience. My second stay was supposed to be "incredible" as my earlier stay had a major issue. In my first stay, I prepaid a penthouse room and was told I was upgraded at check-in Turns out I was actually downgraded by 2 category instead. Only discovered that I was misled after the stay. Some emails later, I was told I will get an upgrade to the Caroline Suite should I return. No compensation on the downgrade. Just a better room on my next visit. I did like the property so returned I did. Kept them informed in advance when I would be there. Check in was a mess, I was ignored and FD attended to others who came later. When I was finally acknowledged, I did not get the Suite as promised. I asked for the manager and I got my room. No apologies and no acknowledgement of the screw up. After stay survey was ignored too. Will unlikely return and go for Westin or Sheraton instead. There is no bespoke service here. I did not bother emailing them after the 2nd stay since the survey was not responded to. Obviously they do not bother and that on a stay that was supposed to make up for a mistake.
Old May 11, 2016, 1:50 pm

A nice stay in Singapore

The St. Regis Singapore

Map| 5 Reviews | 60% Recommended

The St. Regis Singapore

29 Tanglin Road Singapore, SG 247911

A nice stay in Singapore (0 Photo)

The St. Regis Singapore

A very solid choice in Singapore​

A bit far away from everything, but not too far (still walking distance.)

Dining

Gorgeous Astor Bar with live music. (Great, romantic location!) But, the rest of the facilities were unremarkable;

Main restaurant food was ok, but nothing special (especially at that price.)

Service

Polite, but not very proactive. Never enough front desk staff. Breakfast was a chaotic affair with shortages of plates and cutlery. Couldn't even find a manager to complain to. Staff member in a suit that I complained to about missing plates, etc simply shrugged, got my plate, but basically their attitude was "whatever."

Room

Beautiful! Even the lowest level of room was very comfortable. 

A nice stay in Singapore

Would you like to write a review on the The St. Regis Singapore?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, MT Ambassador, HH Diamond, Accor Diamond, Avis President's Club, National Emerald Club
Anyone have the email to the gm of this hotel? Spg plat member here who will be staying at this hotel for my honeymoon... Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum,Hilton Diamond
Currently at St Regis Singapore.Hands down!one of the best hotel I've ever stay!wonderful staff!wonderful suite!love every second of it!

Last edited by theaccesscard; Jul 21, 2016 at 12:02 am
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by theaccesscard
Currently at St Regis Singapore.Hands down!one of the best hotel I've ever stay!wonderfull staff!wonderfull suite!love every second of it!
Wow guess things must be turning around there.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:18 am

My girlfriend and I returned to this hotel for a try just this past weekend. Her impression this time: "the first time we came, we felt like we were at a Mandarin Oriental; this time, it feels like we are in a Sheraton". Lots of "little things" which made for a so-so average stay, and definitely, did not feel like a premium St. Regis brand should be.

Breakfast was an absolute zoo. The service staff were slow to service. Hot beverages were luke warm. The lady serving the egg/waffles station was downright rude; she had an angry face put on for the entire weekend that we were there, and orders given to her were just responded to with a grump. Tables were slow to be cleared, and our finished plates just sat on our table until we requested them to be removed. Had to chase for coffee 2-3 times before the service staff responded.

No Platinum recognition for upgrades. We were told that we had been graciously upgraded from an Executive to a Grand Deluxe room, but this was actually part of the rate that we booked for staying on Fri/Sat/Sun nights. This was not a Platinum benefit per se, but made to sound like it was. I would have been happier if they told us the truth that there were no suites available. The first time we stayed here, we were put in a Caroline Astor Suite, but this time, despite supposed availability (checked with a dummy booking online after we checked in at 21:00), we were not given one. To be fair, though, I am not sure whether this suite is part of the Platinum upgrade pool, but if not, like I said, better to tell us no availability than to lie about an upgrade which was booked as part of our rate anyway.

I would not return to this hotel again.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Lol looks like it's still the same...
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
My girlfriend and I returned to this hotel for a try just this past weekend. Her impression this time: "the first time we came, we felt like we were at a Mandarin Oriental; this time, it feels like we are in a Sheraton". Lots of "little things" which made for a so-so average stay, and definitely, did not feel like a premium St. Regis brand should be.

I would not return to this hotel again.
I agree. My last three stays were mediocre a best. I decided after my last stay that I was done with the hotel as my room had a large stain on the carpet and smelled horrible upon entering. No apologies from anyone, and was told no available rooms to move to until the next day.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:42 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold
Upgrades are pretty hard to get in Singapore.

From my experience, W is probably the easiest.

I get upgraded pretty often at Sheraton for my frequent staycations there.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:33 pm

My stay was quite amazing to be honest.Arriving at the hotel at 10 am,while waiting for the room to be ready,they serve me complimentary juices at the drawing room.At about 10.30 am my room is ready (hours before standard checkin time).Booked a grand executive room but got upgrade to their specialty suite on 19 floor, Knickerbocker Suite to be precise.Butler services was great,they help me a lot during my stay.Large fruit platter,chocolates,macaroons,biscuit were sent consistently to my room even though I travel just by myself.FD agent seems to recognize my SPG status,duty manager,front office manager and even their GM treat me like VIP!Housekeeping have done a very descent job with room make up and turn down service.They even go beyond by sending me hot tea with honey after they saw me not well.Received a late checkout until 6pm the next day. I'm really Impressed.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:17 am

Hm, really? I wonder what made you so special?

I have stayed at least 6 times at this property. Never once I received anything other than bottled juice as a welcome Plat amenity - maybe some fruits (I honestly don't remember), but definitely not chocolate, macaron or biscuit.

My butler appeared the first 2 stays, but not on the subsequent ones.

I was upgraded ONCE, but that maybe because I arrived at 1AM and had a one night stay only. But honestly their regular suite is so irritatingly uncomfortable, I am fine with standard rooms.

I am yet to be impressed from services from FD, Concierge or even bellman. Worst experience is, as stated many times, the breakfast. Uninspiring selection and abysmal service.

There are other choices in Singapore within the same price range that offers better service and ambience. What a shame. This property does not live up to St Regis brand (almost as bad as Hongta before it was removed from SR portfolio)
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:38 am

This are some photos during my stay

Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:21 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by Aker
Anyone have the email to the gm of this hotel? Spg plat member here who will be staying at this hotel for my honeymoon... Any help would be appreciated.
My advice, stay somewhere else !! It could easily be a nightmare !! Not even sure they have a GM, often they dont
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:22 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
My stay was quite amazing to be honest.Arriving at the hotel at 10 am,while waiting for the room to be ready,they serve me complimentary juices at the drawing room.At about 10.30 am my room is ready (hours before standard checkin time).Booked a grand executive room but got upgrade to their specialty suite on 19 floor, Knickerbocker Suite to be precise.Butler services was great,they help me a lot during my stay.Large fruit platter,chocolates,macaroons,biscuit were sent consistently to my room even though I travel just by myself.FD agent seems to recognize my SPG status,duty manager,front office manager and even their GM treat me like VIP!Housekeeping have done a very descent job with room make up and turn down service.They even go beyond by sending me hot tea with honey after they saw me not well.Received a late checkout until 6pm the next day. I'm really Impressed.
Stay again, I am sure you will be brought down to earth !
Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:05 am
Kyo

Programs: Ex-BD55 + KF*G + BA Gold + IC RA(?) + OZ*G + SPG*P
That's amazing indeed - nice photos too!

I've stayed 10+ times and not once have we gotten past the Caroline Astor as an upgrade. The Penthouse just has high ceilings on the top floor, we prefer the suite, tbh.

The previous GM was fantastic after we had an issue a long time ago. She moved on to Westin and now is at South Beach. For everyone else, if you have a word with Mr Leon, he should be able to sort most things out at the front desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.