Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2008, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Originally Posted by estnet
I wonder what happened to the nice, attentive staff they used to have there?

I agree, I was disappointed that the entire nice attentive staff was gone. Guess the hotel wanted to make a fresh new start with this new lounge?!
Old Nov 2, 2008, 7:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (thanks to SPG), AA Life Gold, UA Life Gold
Originally Posted by jyu174
We will be staying at the hotel for two nights. We will probably take a taxi directly to the hotel, since taking the train (35x2) to KL Sentra followed by a taxi ride will likely cost around the same.

I understand that a voucher can be purchased for the taxi ride at the airport. Do you guys know the exact price for the ride and whether they take credit card?

Thanks.
I paid 92 Ringgit for an Executive Taxi (I think a regular taxi was about 60-65). Purchase it at the counter immediately after customs but BEFORE you exit through the customs doors.

And yes they take credit cards.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 10:09 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum 100; Hilton Gold; Ritz Gold; UA 1K
Originally Posted by SNA1K
I paid 92 Ringgit for an Executive Taxi (I think a regular taxi was about 60-65). Purchase it at the counter immediately after customs but BEFORE you exit through the customs doors.

And yes they take credit cards.
Thanks for the info. But actually I'll be arriving via a domestic flight (from Kota Kinabalu). I assume there is a similar counter in the domestic terminal?

Also what's the difference between executive and regular taxi?

Last edited by jyu174; Nov 2, 2008 at 10:14 pm
Old Nov 3, 2008, 2:37 am

Programs: AA Plat for Life, Starwood Platinum, HH Gold
An executive or premier taxi will be a much more comfortable ride, probably in a late model Mercedes. The budget taxis are usually locally manufactured Protons, and can be quite old. They are fine for a trip of a mile or two in the city, but I wouldn't recommend them for the airport trip unless you are very Ringgit constrained.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 9:34 am

Programs: SPG Platinum 100; Hilton Gold; Ritz Gold; UA 1K
Originally Posted by VanMan
An executive or premier taxi will be a much more comfortable ride, probably in a late model Mercedes. The budget taxis are usually locally manufactured Protons, and can be quite old. They are fine for a trip of a mile or two in the city, but I wouldn't recommend them for the airport trip unless you are very Ringgit constrained.
Thanks for the info, and looks like we will be taking the executive taxi.

BTW, I just took a look at the hotel's web site. And it says that the name will be changed back to Sheraton beginning Jan 1, 2009. Not sure if the hotel will still be part of Luxury Collection...
Old Nov 4, 2008, 7:16 am
Suspended

Name change back to "Sheraton Imperial"

According to the hotel website, the name of the hotel will be reverted back to "Sheraton Imperial" on 1st January 2009. The hotel switchboard is already greeting incoming calls with the "Sheraton Imperial" name.

Looks like they finally realised it was a BIG mistake to drop the "Sheraton" name .....

Edit : didnt realise the name change has already been reported above
Old Dec 14, 2008, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Am I to assume the SPG points upgrade from a paid Executive King room would be to the Club level? I stayed at this property four or five years ago (I was a Plat back then) and had a very nice elite upgrade to a Club level room and a view of the Twin Towers -- particularly spectacular during a lightening storm which I was able to videotape!. I plan to revisit this property for a night and then check out le Meridien, where I would also use points to upgrade from a Deluxe to what I hope would a Club level room. (When I was last at the Imperial the monorail was not yet completed, though the station had been built in front of the hotel.)
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:16 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Am I to assume the SPG points upgrade from a paid Executive King room would be to the Club level?...
Club level rooms are on the SPG2SS (Specialty Select) rate plan for this property.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Club level rooms are on the SPG2SS (Specialty Select) rate plan for this property
Would be able to explain what that means, William?

Does it mean that rooms aren't eligible for points upgrades?
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:38 pm

Ok I worked it out

Thanks anyway William.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 1:07 am

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by camsean
Would be able to explain what that means, William?

Does it mean that rooms aren't eligible for points upgrades?
I believe William means that Club level rooms are under the Specialty Select room rate plan for this property, camsean.

In general, rooms under the Specialty Select room rate plan are eligible for points upgrades but subject to availability for individual property.

[email protected]
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
Now that it is back to be a Sheraton, does the hotel provide Sheraton Bliss bathroom amenities ? or are they still using the lavender Imperial branded stuff ?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:52 pm

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by meremale
Now that it is back to be a Sheraton, does the hotel provide Sheraton Bliss bathroom amenities ? or are they still using the lavender Imperial branded stuff ?
Only one way to find out. Write to the property.

Do you have their published email?

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Feb 24, 2009, 4:01 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by meremale
I've stayed at the hotel last week and most of its room items (stationery, toiletry, etc) still have Hotel Imperial on them. But the hotel entrances reek in the "new" Sheraton brand name.

Since I've officially stayed at both "Hotel Imperial" (02/2008) and "Sheraton Imperial" (02/2009), the only main change that I noted is the room categorisation ie: the former had "Executive Room" as the lowest category while the latter starts with "Deluxe Room".
Old Jun 14, 2009, 9:25 pm

Deluxe Suite?

Hi,

I am currently working in Cambodia and looking to take a weekend trip to KL in July. I used to travel for work and have status with SPG, but now I am simply Preferred Plus from my SPG AMEX.

That said, I am planning on using pts and staying at the Sheraton in KL and have some questions.

The hotel told me that I can upgrade to a Deluxe Suite for 4500 pts (is this normally a flat rate? Or per night?) Does anyone have experience with this room? The other posts mention an Executive Suite, but I was wondering if they are the same. Any thoughts on how many people can stay in the hotel room? Do suites have a pull-out or large sofa for another adult? Any advice/suggestions on getting any recognition on lowly SPG + status? Lastly, would the upgrade provide access to the lounge for breakfast/drinks, and would that be limited in number or only by swipe access?

Is it still best to take the train in and then cab it to the hotel?

Many thanks.

Last edited by onfo; Jun 14, 2009 at 9:35 pm Reason: add lounge question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.