Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[GONE] Sheraton Krabi, Thailand [Master Thread] (left July 1, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Leaving Starwood on July 1, 2015

The Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort will be leaving the Starwood system on July 1, 2015. Reservations for dates on or after July 1, 2015, will not be eligible for Starwood Preferred Guest membership benefits, award redemption or accrual.
Print Wikipost

[GONE] Sheraton Krabi, Thailand [Master Thread] (left July 1, 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2007, 1:56 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Is the high speed internet in the lobby free or charged?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 4:03 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by estnet
Is the high speed internet in the lobby free or charged?
Yes there is wi-fi in lobby area.If your Plat. Welcome letter claims 1 hrs free a day as a benefit,but in all my stays I was never asked,or timed and went often way over the 1 hrs.As staff is very compliant when it comes to Plat. guests.Not sure what the charge is if non plat.Also they have 2 or 3 computers if you don't have laptop.
Btw I recently bought a Lox-Info prepaid dialup card with local #'s that works almost over Thailand. Charges at this hotel is 10Bht, billed as local call with unlimted time limit. Rates on card vary as I paid 380Bht for 30 hrs plus 9 hrs extra bonus, very cheap. Hooks-up at this hotel fairly fast for dail-up.50KPS.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 4:14 am
Suspended

Programs: TG -*Gold, AF-Silver, Asia Miles, BA-Silver, AMEX Green-MR
Arn't you supposed to be relaxing and get unwinded at this Sheraton beach resort? I'd rather be lounging in the pool sipping Singha beer rather than staying in the room checking e-mails or stock prices.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
thanks lovetofly -

is the dialup card you bought local number or 1222 which I believe is treated as local all over Thailand but apparently the hotel has to have a certain kind of phone system.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:04 am

Delete

Last edited by lovtofly3; Jan 5, 2007 at 10:07 am Reason: duplicate post
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by estnet
thanks lovetofly -

is the dialup card you bought local number or 1222 which I believe is treated as local all over Thailand but apparently the hotel has to have a certain kind of phone system.
It's a local #. You get a small card with a list of various areas and local #s. Krabi is on the list as is Phuket,and Phang Nga, and just about every tourist location.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 12:07 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold VIP, Air Tran Elite
Have a Great Time!

My wife and I stayed here last year. We had a great experience but everything above is true... Hard beds and long odds for an upgrade. However, the property is beautiful and the staff are great. If an upgrade is not available at check-in, try to get moved on Day 2 or when available. Otherwise, Exec Rooms are large and well appointed. If you should get the urge to wander out, I would not suggest going to town. Very touristy like Phuket. Instead head up the beach (right of hotel) for several choices or across the street to the seafood restaurant.

Tip: Make a point to know Shai (pronounced Shy) at the pool. He is a very friendly server who took excellent care of us throughout our stay. He knows the immediate area and is very hospitable.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 9:02 am
Suspended

Question about Excursions @ Krabi

I was wondering if anyone went on a diving excursion to or around Krabi and Phi Phi? I am a certified recreational diver and am extremely interested in hearing what the diving options are in Krabi. Was the concierge able to assist in booking such excursions? Also, I am thinking about spending 7 nights at the Sheraton Krabi Beach - do you think this is too long?
Old Apr 12, 2007, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Transport : HKT to Sheraton Krabi to Karon

I have a 6.30pm arrival at HKT and I am considering spending a couple of nights in Krabi before moving on to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia. I was thinking of renting a car but it may not be a good idea to drive at night.

1) How much does the hotel charge for airport transfer (from HKT) and are there cheaper alternatives (apart from the airport limo) ?

2) What is the easiest way to get from Sheraton Krabi to Karon (Hilton Phuket Arcadia) ?

Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
How is the beach at the hotel? And can you take long walks along it?
Old Apr 13, 2007, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mario33
I have a 6.30pm arrival at HKT and I am considering spending a couple of nights in Krabi before moving on to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia. I was thinking of renting a car but it may not be a good idea to drive at night.

1) How much does the hotel charge for airport transfer (from HKT) and are there cheaper alternatives (apart from the airport limo) ?

2) What is the easiest way to get from Sheraton Krabi to Karon (Hilton Phuket Arcadia) ?

Thanks
I haven't been to the Sheraton Krabi but I have been to the Arcadia on several occassions. I have always rented a car when staying at the Arcadia. Karon is relatively islolated and there isn't a huge amount to do there. The tuk-tuk mafia which controls transport around this part of Phuket charge outrageous amounts (by local standards and considering the quality of the vehicles used) to travel between say Karon and Patong. I just find it less stressful to drive rather than argue with these people.

The easiest practical way to move between the two hotels is by car. It will be a fair drive from Krabi to Karon, my guess would be c. 3 hours.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by mario33

Thanks
There are a few taxis that hang around the Sheraton Krabi(taxi mafia).

2) I bargained with them and got the one way fare from Sheraton Krabi to Le Meridien Koh Lak for 2200 bht. Took about 3 hours with a short stop.If you need drivers name and # PM me.
Probably could have bargained down to 2000Bht.

As for the hotel they will pick you up from Krabi airport for 375bht per person in a van.
There is are also Vip buses that go from Krabi town to Phuket town.

As for when you arrive in HKT haven't a clue to get to Krabi but should be around 2000-2500 Bht.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 10:52 pm

Programs: United: LifetimeGold, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt:Globalist, Hilton:Diamond, IHG:Diamond
Sheraton Krabi, Thailand [Master Thread]

Anyone stay at Sheraton Krabi recently? I will stay there for 5 night in late Nov and would want recommendation what to do in these 5 days. Should I rent a car and drive around?
Old Nov 5, 2007, 11:46 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Use search see this thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=639644

Having stayed there car probably not necessary. It is well out of Krabi town.
If you really want to do day trips more likely to be better by boat to PhiPhi, Phangnan etc.
Hotel runs free bus into Krabi Town most nights from memory
Old Nov 5, 2007, 11:50 pm

Programs: United: LifetimeGold, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt:Globalist, Hilton:Diamond, IHG:Diamond
I will go to Krabi after spend two night at Phuket and two night at Phi Phi. Any other recommendation to go while in Krabi? Any other island? How about Phang-Nga Bay, how far and how to get there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.