Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 7:28 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by christianj
enelym1978 thanks for posting an update after the renovation! In the past I stayed here regularly when I needed to be in FRA and I have always like my stays.

The room renovations only look like a partial reno as most of the furniture looks the same. Carpet, paint, headboard and sofa look new but the bed linens, closet and tv unit look like they did before. (it's the same beech wood design as the LeM Vienna which I stay at frequently and which is now renovating their rooms) Bathrooms don't look like they were touched at all as part of the reno. This partial reno would explain how they only closed for a couple of months as part of the reno.
Yes the contrast is obvious.... when I saw the bathroom I thought "wow, this got stuck in the 70s-80s....
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL FO
I have an upcoming stay planned for this hotel. It will be my first SPG stay, and I will be Platinum from the Marriott status match. Will I be able to get free breakfast at this hotel each morning? Any other generic SPG tips I should be aware of for my stay?

As far as location, my closest point of reference would be the area around Amsterdam Centraal. Does that seem like an apt description of the area?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
@MotelRomeo, I don't know whether your stay has already passed, but yes, you will get free breakfast. The location is ok and vey central (just 100m from main station).
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am staying at LeMeridien Frankfurt next week. Are they doing an automatic suite upgrade for SPG PLT members at check-in or I have to ask for it?

What other benefits a PLT member will get there?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
My guess is you'll have to ask for it. You will get the standard platinum treatment, eg. free (excellent) breakfast if you don't choose the points amenity.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
(1) For those who have stayed at Westin and Meridien, would you pay an extra E30 to stay at Westin?
(2) How long does it take to go door-to-door to FRA airport (Lufthansa checkin)? If I leave hotel at 7am will I make a 10am flight to E. Europe? Have no train experience (and speak no German) so may need a few extra minutes at train station.
(3) As a Gold not expecting any upgrades or lounge access but wondering if others can comment on treatment received.
Thanks
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Boraxo
(1) For those who have stayed at Westin and Meridien, would you pay an extra E30 to stay at Westin?
(2) How long does it take to go door-to-door to FRA airport (Lufthansa checkin)? If I leave hotel at 7am will I make a 10am flight to E. Europe? Have no train experience (and speak no German) so may need a few extra minutes at train station.
(3) As a Gold not expecting any upgrades or lounge access but wondering if others can comment on treatment received.
Thanks
I can't directly speak for the Westin, but I stayed at the Le Meridien Frankfurt last month with Seattlenerdette. It was decent. The staff is very nice, the Platinum breakfast is excellent (lots of choices, including made-to-order omelettes), but the rooms are small. They're fine for one person, but if you're traveling with a companion, you may want to spring for the Westin if space is an issue. We did okay because we like each other.

The great feature: the Le Meridien is directly across the street from the train station. Couldn't be more convenient. It takes 7-12 minutes to get to the airport once you're on the S-Bahn, so allowing for missing an S-Bahn train that just left, you should be at the airport no more than 30 minutes after leaving the hotel.

Unfortunately, I have no experience going to Eastern Europe from Frankfurt. But we easily made our flight to Barcelona (within the larger EU Schengen Area passport control zone) by leaving the Le Meridien 2.5 hours before our flight and taking the S-Bahn to the airport from the main Frankfurt train station, with plenty of time to spare.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
i agree . The same is true for the Westin. Both are on the same line. Westin might be easier as it is on Konstablerwache station which is on the smallish side. What means Eastern Europe? Russia? If so, you should factor in taking the S-Bahn two hours before the flight. If it is Poland or Hungary one train later should do the trick.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:37 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Thanks
The train station is walkable from Meridien, the ticket machines can be set to english. The trains/s-bahn to airport is easy to spot. As gold i would go for the LM as u wont get access to Club lounge at Westin anyway. If you want to go shopping go to the Westin....
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
any recent stays????

have a good brg/lnf rate here for an upcoming stay in a few months....

does anyone know what the child policy is here for sharing a room????there will be 4 of us in total (my wife, me & our 2 toddlers)....
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Keyser
any recent stays????

have a good brg/lnf rate here for an upcoming stay in a few months....

does anyone know what the child policy is here for sharing a room????there will be 4 of us in total (my wife, me & our 2 toddlers)....
A year late, but I had a very nice recent stay. Upgrade to junior suite in the old wing. It was a very nice room. Mini-bar was included with a small bottle of red and white, beer, coke, etc. Breakfast was very nice. All at a rate under 100 bucks.

This room could have handled two adults and two small ones, but I don't know what the official rules are.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by stimpy
A year late, but I had a very nice recent stay. Upgrade to junior suite in the old wing. It was a very nice room. Mini-bar was included with a small bottle of red and white, beer, coke, etc. Breakfast was very nice. All at a rate under 100 bucks.

This room could have handled two adults and two small ones, but I don't know what the official rules are.
thanks for the update....we ended up staying at the westin....
Old Dec 18, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, LH / *A Gold, BA Bronze
This is probably the hotel I have stayed at the most with >>50 stays over the past 5 years.

It is one of my favorite hotels for business, but one should be aware that this is a business hotel in Frankfurt, i.e. (very) small rooms, few or no suite upgrades, no lounge, many people in suites, but typically very slick and efficient operations.

I usually prefer the new wing and I absolutely love the breakfast, the pastry and bread is very good, they have fresh avocado, freshly squeezed orange juice, and I like the savory things like the grilled sausages. I actually hardly ever eat breakfast, but I often make an exception for this particular breakfast.

Area itself is close to the central train station and a bit dodgy at night, but that is specific to Frankfurt. Although it does not feel and look like it, I consider this area safe, there are lots of undercover police people walking around and some of the crime gangs actually look after safety in this area as they do not want criminals to scare away potential customers of their crime gang's red light establishments. On the plus side, the area is always lively, so having a drink at any day in the week late at night is possible in this area. I would actually recommend the bar in Roomer's hotel straight opposite side of Meridien for this, although it is also a bit of a dodgy smokey place.

Worth noting that they renovated the Meridien something like 2 years ago, the Westin not so far, so the Westin in comparison seems a bit (out-)dated. I would choose the Westin if you are after platinum treatment (suite upgrades and lounge) or if you need to be in the eastern area of Frankfurt. For anything else, I'd choose Meridien.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I walked over to the Marriott at night and back late. About 1.4km or so. I never felt unsafe.

The reason I went to the Marriott was to watch American football as Champions is the only big sports bar in town AFAIK.

The Marriott is just another Marriott. I think this LM has a lot more character.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, LH / *A Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by stimpy
I walked over to the Marriott at night and back late. About 1.4km or so. I never felt unsafe.

The reason I went to the Marriott was to watch American football as Champions is the only big sports bar in town AFAIK.

The Marriott is just another Marriott. I think this LM has a lot more character.
Agree, however you might see some drug addicts on the way. Once you pass the square with the DZ BANK towers the area becomes much, much better though. The central station area is not pretty in Frankfurt but it is getting gentrified as we speak and I think it is safe, just not pretty. Having said all that, I had >>50 stays at this Meridien and I have never experienced or witnessed any sort of crime and I do have come back late at night from company events sometimes. They actually lock the door after midnight and you need to ring the bell.

For a sports bar, you can also check out Waxy's which is a large Irish pub but not sure they have all the American sports. I used to live in Frankfurt for 1.5 years and we very often go there to watch German soccer or rugby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.