Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, Germany [Master Thread]

Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, Germany [Master Thread]

Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
What is parking like at this hotel? Or nearby?

Is it any better at the Sheraton Congress hotel? I'll be driving down from the north, and heading south the next day. And both properties are on Starpicks.

Last edited by stimpy; Feb 15, 2011 at 12:58 am
Old Feb 15, 2011, 1:05 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by stimpy
What is parking like at this hotel? Or nearby?

Is it any better at the Sheraton Congress hotel? I'll be driving down from the north, and heading south the next day. And both properties are on Starpicks.
Sheraton Congress is located in an industrial area - good chance to find free parking during weekend or after office hours. The Meridien is in the city center - a car park is you only chance.
It may also be a bit easier to reach the Sheraton Congress by car compared to driving into the city center.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by LH738
Sheraton Congress is located in an industrial area - good chance to find free parking during weekend or after office hours. The Meridien is in the city center - a car park is you only chance.
It may also be a bit easier to reach the Sheraton Congress by car compared to driving into the city center.
It is not too difficult to find a free parking space after office hours within 500 meters of the LM. I often park close to the IC. However, certainly easier at the Sheraton Congress.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
The LM has an own (but expensive) parking garage. Daily rate is EUR 27.
Right on the opposite next to the Hotel Roomers, there's a parking garage for EUR 3 per night. Moreover, in the past I often find avaiable spaces round about the LM Frankfurt.

It's not difficult to find the LM Frankfurt, nevertheless the Sheraton Congress is more convinient (but not so nice like the LM)
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Andie007
there's a parking garage for EUR 3 per night.
I didn't know about this so I might check it out next week during my next stay. It has been my SPG choice in FRA even though I really haven't been wowed by their Platinum upgrades. Last stay at the end of January was a total flop and I didn't even get the larger room with the sofa that they have given me in the past...I think they either call it executive or deluxe.

Will see what upgrade awaits me this time or I may have to seek another non-SPG alternative since I'm not a fan of the Westin.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Staying here later this month

After much thought I decided on the Le Meridien Frankfurt over the other properties in the area. Convenience was a factor, even though I have a flight to catch to Amsterdam and staying at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport would have been nice I figured that to really be able to see Frankfurt you would need to be closer to the center of the city. The Sheraton Frankfurt Airport does have a train station right there, but there is the main one close to the Le Meridien as well. The Westin Grand was also an option, and I've enjoyed staying at a couple nice Westin's here in the U.S. but I have yet to stay at a Le Meridien in the Starwood chain. The following day in Amsterdam I'm staying at the Sheraton so it would be interesting to see the comparison of both properties...I expect both to be great though. I'll review them once I return back! Looking forward to Europe!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 5:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by stylo4444
After much thought I decided on the Le Meridien Frankfurt over the other properties in the area. Convenience was a factor, even though I have a flight to catch to Amsterdam and staying at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport would have been nice I figured that to really be able to see Frankfurt you would need to be closer to the center of the city. The Sheraton Frankfurt Airport does have a train station right there, but there is the main one close to the Le Meridien as well. The Westin Grand was also an option, and I've enjoyed staying at a couple nice Westin's here in the U.S. but I have yet to stay at a Le Meridien in the Starwood chain. The following day in Amsterdam I'm staying at the Sheraton so it would be interesting to see the comparison of both properties...I expect both to be great though. I'll review them once I return back! Looking forward to Europe!
Well this hotel is ok, and can be quite nice (depending on the room you get) but in no respect "Great". I think the Westin is way better, but the Meridien is not bad, just not great. Have a great time in Europe! If you need to know anything about the Netherlands feel free to send me an PM. Also have a look at the Europe forum.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 12:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Le Meridien Frankfurt

Didn't really have too much expectation for the stay since we were only passing through Frankfurt for 24 hours, but were pleasantly surprised. Got upgraded to a suite which was very clean, functional and spacious. We didn't try the restaurant as there were plenty of small cafes and kebobs nearby. The main train station is also only a short walk away. Would not hesitate to stay here again if back in this area.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Did I understand everything right:
  • No club lounge?
  • Only few upgrades, i.e. "don't count on it"?
  • No swimming pool?
  • No complimentary hours-d'ouevre and no complimentary breakfast?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
  • No club lounge?
  • No swimming pool?
You're right on 3/4.

On the upgrades, it really depends. I experienced an "upgrade" from a classic room to a Deluxe room, which wasn't a suite but was bigger. Deluxe rooms are about twice as large as Classic rooms. During my one night stay I did notice that Junior Suites were available, but I wasn't feeling very well and decided to hold off on asking the Front Desk about this.

It is still a very nice hotel, the location is convenient and I'd stay here again for the convenience factor.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
  • No club lounge?
  • No swimming pool?
Correct, based on my quick July stay.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Correct, based on my quick July stay.
Hm..... Hm.... Hm... I don't see the point in staying at the LM then. Hmmmmmm.... I will most likely keep as my "first choice" in Frankfurt the Sheraton Congress
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:55 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Now i have stayed in all three properties in Frankfurt City.

First time at the Parkhotel,
Sunday evening i arrived with the car and it was quite easy to find a free parking place around the hotel. At checkin I was told i got upgraded to a "suite". The bf was already included in my rate but i asked for the bf policy for platinums. Full buffet is available as an option i was told. The so called "suite" was different than expected. It was just a room slightly bigger as i found on the emergency exit map. I remember the upgrade at the Sheraton Congress which to a suite which had an seperate office. The view over frankfurt was nice though from the 6th floor at the Parkhotel. I did not care too much about the room as i used it only to get some sleep.
Breakfast starts at 6.30, i arrived 6:27,.... there are no doors so i entered the breakfast area already and sat down. Then i was told i had to leave the room again until it was 6:30.... i said it was just a couple of minutes but they said i had to leave the room.... well...
the breakfast was average, i almost had the same at a best western hotel (without the service)

The location is very nice. Better than the Westin i think.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Checked in for a 3 night stay. Location is great, you're literally 2 min walk from the train station. Didn't get upgraded/didn't ask, and took 5-10 min to get the free plat breakfast.... on their system I was a gold, and they still wanted to check with corporate even though I showed them my iphone app w/ the status.

Room and bed is comfortable, looks like its recently renovated. But the standard room is smallest of the half dozen LM hotels I stayed at, literally feels like a closet (can't even take one step from the foot of the bed and you're at the other wall.) Its much smaller than the Westin hotel.

Between Westin and LM, its still a toss up... westin's got good shopping, LM's got good location.... Points/pricing, LM is definitely cheaper. For non-plat, if you can get SPG credit, try looking at expedia or other travel companies as most of them will offer free breakfast. Otherwise.... you're gonna have to cough up 27EUR for it.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Checked-in on Nov. 18 as Plat member:

No Club Lounge
No Upgrade
No Complimentary hours-d'ouevre and No Complimentary Breakfast if you select 500 starpoints as your welcome gift.

But, Complimentary coffee for two in the bar has been offered, if you find this voucher.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.