Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Nice, France [Master Thread]

Old Dec 25, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, DL
Originally Posted by skye1
SPG Platinum's do not get free breakfast--and the front desk staff was quite firm on this (friendly, but firm) and was told I could select breakfast as a platinum amenity.
Isn't this the norm?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
expected "meh" but was pleasantly surprised...

Was pleasantly surprised with my stay here. Everyone seemed super nice.

Looking at the reviews at spg.com, was expecting mediocre service but the folks here really went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant and memorable. Georges, assistant manager of room service f&b gave me complimentary wine on my last night, was served with 2 huge bottles of evian and that other sparkling water personally by the assistant room service manager daily, i get a call at around 5-6 pm daily by housekeeping wanting to know if my room is ok and if i needed anything else.

Also, some supervisor or something went to my room on my first day to personally see if i was happy with the suite they upgraded me to. All the staffs Especially room service and restaurant were so pleasant and smiling, guided me daily to my seat during breakfast time, etc. Etc. Concierge was pleasant to deal with as well. Also got a letter from Pablo, the GM.

Looking at the reviews prior to my arrival, i so thought it would be crappy service, but was very impressed with the cote d'azur french hospitality. Even the folks here are oh so willing to help you out even without you asking for it when they can see you are lost.

Personally, i highly recommend this hotel simply for their exceptional service and hospitality. Would even say LM Nice provides much better service than LM Monaco when i stayed there last year.

PS: plat amenity is full brekky, not continental.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Talking

Originally Posted by supatight80
Was pleasantly surprised with my stay here. Everyone seemed super nice.

Looking at the reviews at spg.com, was expecting mediocre service but the folks here really went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant and memorable. Georges, assistant manager of room service f&b gave me complimentary wine on my last night, was served with 2 huge bottles of evian and that other sparkling water personally by the assistant room service manager daily, i get a call at around 5-6 pm daily by housekeeping wanting to know if my room is ok and if i needed anything else.

Also, some supervisor or something went to my room on my first day to personally see if i was happy with the suite they upgraded me to. All the staffs Especially room service and restaurant were so pleasant and smiling, guided me daily to my seat during breakfast time, etc. Etc. Concierge was pleasant to deal with as well. Also got a letter from Pablo, the GM.

Looking at the reviews prior to my arrival, i so thought it would be crappy service, but was very impressed with the cote d'azur french hospitality. Even the folks here are oh so willing to help you out even without you asking for it when they can see you are lost.

Personally, i highly recommend this hotel simply for their exceptional service and hospitality. Would even say LM Nice provides much better service than LM Monaco when i stayed there last year.

PS: plat amenity is full brekky, not continental.
Great to hear! Booked myself 2 rooms in April, but was also a little worried after reading the reviews
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Does anyone know if there are alternative parking spots to the one offered by the hotel? 23 euros sounds expensive to me..
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Parking

There is a lot of underground public parking in the area, but I'm not sure about the cost. I've stayed here a number of times and used the hotel parking.
I fly into Nice , and don't need a car during that portion of the trip. Trains will get you where you want to go.
The Sixt car rental agency is located on the ground level of the hotel, as well as at the airport. I usually pick up my car near the end of my stay in Nice and head to Provence.
If you don't get a better answer here, regarding the cost of public parking, try to post you question on the tripadvisor Nice forum. I have found locals eager to help.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:53 pm

Anyone want to have an opinion on the Grand Hyatt and the Le Meridian in Cannes? They seem right next to each other. I debate which one will be nicer, and treat me better. As a plt100+ in SPG, and a Diamond on a points stay at the GH.

I can see so far, that the Le Meridian doesn't offer free breakfast. Is there a club, welcome amenity, free beach chairs, or anything to offer platinums here? What does a SNA do for you here around Sept 1st?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by factory81
Anyone want to have an opinion on the Grand Hyatt and the Le Meridian in Cannes? They seem right next to each other. I debate which one will be nicer, and treat me better. As a plt100+ in SPG, and a Diamond on a points stay at the GH.

I can see so far, that the Le Meridian doesn't offer free breakfast. Is there a club, welcome amenity, free beach chairs, or anything to offer platinums here? What does a SNA do for you here around Sept 1st?
There's an LM in Cannes?

No club in LM Nice. I got a bottle of wine in room. Beach is public which you have to pay.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:20 pm

My mistake, I meant the LM in Nice.

The Hyatt's seem to offer breakfast and a welcome gift.

Hmm..so no free breakfast at the LM either?

Originally Posted by supatight80
There's an LM in Cannes?

No club in LM Nice. I got a bottle of wine in room. Beach is public which you have to pay.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:23 pm

My mistake, I meant the LM in Nice.

The Hyatt's seem to offer breakfast and a welcome gift.

Hmm..so no free breakfast at the LM either?
There is free breakfast (hot and cold items) in lieu of 500 points.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...Hmm..so no free breakfast at the LM either?
You can choose breakfast instead of 500 points amenity, not both.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:36 pm

Is the breakfast you get for free, for both guests? And is it the same 23 euro breakfast sold on the website?

Can you get the breakfast delivered in room like the Hyatt's do?

This will be my first time at a Le Meridian, unless I go for the Hyatt in Nice.

Originally Posted by TerryK
You can choose breakfast instead of 500 points amenity, not both.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the breakfast you get for free, for both guests? And is it the same 23 euro breakfast sold on the website?.....
Free if you choose it as amenity. It is the same breakfast they serve in restaurant.

...Can you get the breakfast delivered in room like the Hyatt's do?....
I have never tried it but I doubt it.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:41 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on how a SNA might work, or how plats get treated? Any chance for a balcony or sea view room - or are those a stretch?

Well that is a pretty good deal than.

http://www.lemeridiennice.com/en/guest-gallery

The guest gallery shows some people eating breakfast on the rooftop. I imagine that the breakfast is served nearby or delivered there?

Originally Posted by TerryK
Free if you choose it as amenity. It is the same breakfast they serve in restaurant.

I have never tried it but I doubt it.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Anyone have any thoughts on how a SNA might work, or how plats get treated? Any chance for a balcony or sea view room - or are those a stretch?
We got upgraded to a great corner sea view when we stayed there, but that was a few years ago.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...The guest gallery shows some people eating breakfast on the rooftop. I imagine that the breakfast is served nearby or delivered there?
I believe that's balcony of a suite, not rooftop. A fancy photo of room service breakfast in a suite.

Breakfast is served on 1st floor (2nd in USA) restaurant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.